Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:37 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
A. This thread in and of itself justifies the claim.

B. You copied a bunch of talking points and failed to connect them a position on the topic.

What’s next? More juvenile name calling on your part?

Saying "More Dirt on Northam - He Should Resign Immediately" isn't exactly tough reading comprehension...especially after I made a list and specifically said he should apologize for that list.

I guess every poster doesn't have a 5th grade reading level or higher and I should spell it out more obviously.

So when you made the BS claim about me having a posting history of pretending to be a democrat to stir the pot for the GOP all you have is this thread that is only minutes old, and even this is based on your bad reading comprehension...all while saying that you hate BS and reading my mind if I care about this or not....lol and you want to call me juvenile for pointing out your nonstop BS.

You are a troll.

Good night, troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 06:43 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Christine Ford was at the party. Says it wasn't him.

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well what if it was a high school picture? The Democrat left in the last six months has clearly established that high school antics are activities for which a person's life should be ruined in their view, on several occasions.

First they attacked Judge Brett Kavanaugh for uncorroborated allegations against him in high school, the story for which was refuted by ALL of the people the accuser identified to corroborate it. She could not and did not ever even identify where or when this supposedly happened. Then the FBI was called in to conduct a 7TH investigation of Kavanaugh, which also determined that these allegations were unsubstantiated.

And STILL the hateful and completely unprincipled Democrat left, including their political leaders at the highest level and the mass media went ALL-IN to DESTROY this man. For unsubstantiated allegations made against him supposedly from his time in HIGH SCHOOL.

But wait, there is more.

This last week, we watched a 15 year old child - in HIGH SCHOOL - become the target of the nationwide Democrat left social media lynch mob and smear machine, which the leftist mass media was only too pleased to take the lead on, yet again. For standing and smiling - while being harassed, verbally assaulted and insulted by a group of especially despicable leftist racist bigots and a pathologically lying native American man who apparently enjoys claiming military honors that are not his to claim.

This HIGH SCHOOL kid was waiting for his bus after attending a protest march in Washington DC, and when he was confronted by these people, he stood there and smiled (Smirked the racist bigot leftists and the media called it, because these media people take pride in behaving like relentless thundering a__holes).

Current day and former HIGH SCHOOL kids are targets for Democrat leftists these days.

But will they hold their own people to the same standards that they attack others with?
no, they will not.

fantastic post, repped.

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Saying "More Dirt on Northam - He Should Resign Immediately" isn't exactly tough reading comprehension...especially after I made a list and specifically said he should apologize for that list.

I guess every poster doesn't have a 5th grade reading level or higher and I should spell it out more obviously.

So when you made the BS claim about me having a posting history of pretending to be a democrat to stir the pot for the GOP all you have is this thread that is only minutes old, and even this is based on your bad reading comprehension...all while saying that you hate BS and reading my mind if I care about this or not....lol and you want to call me juvenile for pointing out your nonstop BS.

You are a troll.

Good night, troll.

Where in your OP does it say he should apologize for your list?

Do you have any original thoughts on this topic, or only what you’ve copied from news sites?

How’s this thread of yours, for starters: “Grammar is a Racist and Unjust Language Structure (speech, military, Michigan)” ? Was it hard for you to feign such concern for grammar being racist?

Or: “Faulty New Left Logic: Andrew Yang (unemployment, illegal, healthcare, border)”. Gotta love how you conflate one man’s opinion with “lefti[ist] logic”?

Got any more names for me?

Old 02-01-2019, 06:44 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Nope never heard it at all.

You are also twisting my words. I never said his behavior was common. I said that behavior like that happened and people didn't think a lot of it. That the college itself would allow the picture to be printed in the yearbook should tell you that.

Now would you like to have a dialogue or do you want to keep twisting my words and going in for gotcha moments which probably border on TOS violations?
How was I twisting your words.? You repeatedly said that this sort of thing happened in the 80s in Virginia. That would suggest that it was common thing, no? If it wasn't common, one would imagine that people would be called out for it.

If the med school didn't have anyone in administration proofreading yearbooks before they went into publication, then they wouldn't know the contents. Do you know for sure what happened? Did admin know and approved of it? Or was it up to the students to police themselves? AFAIK, I haven't seen these questions answered anywhere. If you have a link, please post it.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:45 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
But if the behavior was as unacceptable in 1984 as people seem to think it was, no way that picture would have been allowed. No way. This is not an excuse for Northam or the school, but I have been trying to point out that, at least in Virginia, (and daresay in some parts it hasn't changed much), this type of costuming was concerned acceptable, funny, and it was done so that people were comfortable enough to pose for it and put it in a freakin' yearbook.
But what you are missing is that today's SJW's judge all past statements and actions by today's politically correct standards. The context that was acceptable when it happened no longer matters. Every one is now judged by today's standards.

My guess is that once the initial shock wears off he'll get a pass from the media and the Democratic hierarchy on account he's a Democrat and given his anti-gun and his pro-full term abortion stance.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,734,236 times
Lol, the governor just put out the message: he's not resigning. Big surprise, not.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
A photo uncovered by ABC 8News - WRIC in Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam's VMI yearbook shows Northam with the nickname "Coonman."

More: https://bit.ly/2Ux6Nlt
Hahahaha is this real life. Did he wear a banana peel cape and Chuck Spears?

Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,491,270 times
I just heard on television that Northam just released a video on Twitter stating that he is not resigning.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

You are a troll.

Good night, troll.

Question: in the past, when I referred to someone as a 'troll', I was kicked off for a few days. Why are you allowed to do so?

It is an honest question, for it really happened to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies