Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 09:14 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com?v=Tqc_EhmL8-E

This is for you OP, it's your thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 09:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I proudly wear the homophobic badge. The American Psychological Association classified homosexuality as a mental illness until they were forced by political pressure to change that finding. That doesn't mean it quit being a psychological disorder. We'd be better off as a society if they took their "affections" back into the closet.
What a pisser it’s 2019, eh? Poor you.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I proudly wear the homophobic badge. The American Psychological Association classified homosexuality as a mental illness until they were forced by political pressure to change that finding. That doesn't mean it quit being a psychological disorder. We'd be better off as a society if they took their "affections" back into the closet.
Leaving your house must be difficult for you. Do you do it much?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:28 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Doesn't bother me or my husband. It's a shame that you have to deal with people verbalize their unasked for opinion. I would think it should be a non issue by now, but some are slow.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
"Something like that" shows how sheltered you are. Pearl clutching over two men who are a couple? Good lord.
Twisting words again, are you?

I wasn't "pearl clutching" (I don't even own pearls ).

As I said in the post, I wasn't personally bothered by it. I also said that the 2 men looked embarrassed when they saw the 3 year olds.

Once again, you know nothing about raising children. Fortunately, they didn't notice the men as it would have been hard to explain to a 3 year old. Of course, I already explained all of this to you but for some reason, you still didn't understand. Or did you understand but are pretending not to?

I'm not "sheltered". However, clearly it's you who leads a sheltered life---that much is certain given how I had to explain things twice to you. Also, it's clear that you know nothing about child development. You wrongly assume that 3 year olds know all about homosexuality.

You need to stop embarrassing yourself

Old 02-05-2019, 12:02 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
I don't like it.

It's my God-given right not to like it.

...but, hand-holding or the tap kiss? That's so mild. I shouldn't say anything. I knew some older gay dudes in college that really supported each other. It was a loving relationship. I can't, and shouldn't, logically criticize that.

Still as long as nobody tells me what I can or can't do, I won't do that to others.

I won't bother people that don't bother me.

----------

One time I was on the subway I saw these 2 dudes gettin' hot heavy, to the point where even a straight couple would look tacky doing this but, they were in the far corner seat. They didn't get up, stand in the middle, get in people's way, or be loud. I didn't like it but, what followed is something I could justifiably hate.

See, they were small, this 6'1" Trini or Jamaican accented female, easily over 300 lbs, with Fred Flinstone feet, chin-hairs, looked like a stereotypical child social service worker and, with a wide frame that would enable her to get bouncer jobs anywhere ...decides to get up from the third last seat at the other end of the train car, walk over to them and berate them about how they are going to burn in hell.

I stay seated, but, that Q train stretch between 7Av and Prospect Park takes a few minutes. Other people shakin' their heads. I get tired of hearin' her garbage. I use a stage voice, "Judge not lest ye be judged." "Excuse me" she says arrogantly. I say, still seated, "Let one who has not sinned cast the first stone". She walks my way saying, "Don't pervert the passages of the Bible" I get up, scream, loud enough that if cops were there, I'd prob'ly get pinched, "You just bein' a big bully b---h. If they was built like football players, you wouldn't say s--t, and you know it." (Luckily, I am also 6'1" and not small but, she was big enough to Truck me if I was careless). Thankfully, at this time the train opens at Prospect Park, and she gets out, presumably to take the Franklin Ave shuttle, cussing me on the way out, "F--k you, f-----g white boy, all you white boys be fa---ts".

I was heated so I pace, shouting, "I can't stand that big-bully, fat-b---h, bull-s--t. She look like she work for ACS. I hate that s--t!" So, I dislike gay PDAs much like I dislike coleslaw, yea it's my right not to like it but, not to deny it for other people. People that acted the way that ...woman... did... That. I. Hate!

Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
My husband likes to be affectionate everywhere we go (not in an obscene way), I just wonder if it bothers anyone to see two people of the same sex kissing or holding hands in public?
Guys doing it is gross. Two women, no problem.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:04 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
If it does not bother me to see two women or two men kissing or "making out " in public
then it should not bother anybody if I feel that homosexuality is the genetic code for population control.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I have the same response to homosexual couples as I do to heterosexual couples:
"For pete's sake, GET A ROOM!"
However, that response is in my own mind. I never say anything. I find that I am very capable of ignoring things that I find offensive.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Twisting words again, are you?

I wasn't "pearl clutching" (I don't even own pearls ).

As I said in the post, I wasn't personally bothered by it. I also said that the 2 men looked embarrassed when they saw the 3 year olds.

Once again, you know nothing about raising children. Fortunately, they didn't notice the men as it would have been hard to explain to a 3 year old. Of course, I already explained all of this to you but for some reason, you still didn't understand. Or did you understand but are pretending not to?

I'm not "sheltered". However, clearly it's you who leads a sheltered life---that much is certain given how I had to explain things twice to you. Also, it's clear that you know nothing about child development. You wrongly assume that 3 year olds know all about homosexuality.

You need to stop embarrassing yourself
Exactly, those two gay men knew that their lifestyle was ABNORMAL, and a parent's usual birds and the bees talk wouldn't cover it. The libs and the LGBTQ community not want to add to a parent's stress over the "sex talk" with... and sometimes two chickens fall in love or two roosters have sex... and that's okay too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies