Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:25 AM

673 posts, read 467,395 times

Advertisements

For those that don't live in the area of the border..........They know nothing, they live in a dream world of stupidity.
It's an invasion, it's been an invasion for years and now it is worse than ever. Wake up buffoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:40 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
DING

many coming here have no thought of working, at least, legally.

Most families costs are housing, child care, food. California will cover those if just one child is born on US soil. Illegal entry into the US is the lotto for most coming illegally.
Then why are we not locating and deporting them?

The pro wall people have for years said we must have a wall before we can do anything abut those who are already here. That does not make sense to me. The wall is a stall to do nothing. The congress could have started the process to end birth right citizenship and chain migration 50 years ago. The fact that no one did informs me the employers are paying off both parties and the elected.

Are you willing for the poultry, fish and pork processor to pay a higher wage to get Americans to do that work?
They enjoy illegal labor.

Are you willing for restaurants to raise their prices to pay a living wage to the kitchen help in order to not have a kitchen full of illegals?

And on and on. Most businesses in my town use illegals for cheap. The owners enjoy the extra coins in their pockets

Old 02-05-2019, 07:03 AM

63,038 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
That will tell you when they already illegally entered. It won't prevent the entry. We need to prevent illegal entry.

Exactly, and once they enter our country we are stuck with them because their latest scam is to claim asylum. Better to deter them at the border than to allow them to get into our country where they are much harder to weed out and more expensive to do so.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
A Predator drone will take care of that. Much more cost efficient than a wall.

No, it wouldn't! I guess you haven't read or have chosen to ignore how effective the good barriers have been. No drone would be able to match that. Why whine about costs anyway when illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year? No wall is going to cost that much even initially.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
We could hire illegal immigrants to patrol the border. They work for cheap, I hear. That's why Trump hired them for his business.

Lame, just plain stupid and lame. There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working for him either. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves. Try again.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,192,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Then why are we not locating and deporting them?

The pro wall people have for years said we must have a wall before we can do anything abut those who are already here. That does not make sense to me. The wall is a stall to do nothing. The congress could have started the process to end birth right citizenship and chain migration 50 years ago. The fact that no one did informs me the employers are paying off both parties and the elected.

Are you willing for the poultry, fish and pork processor to pay a higher wage to get Americans to do that work?
They enjoy illegal labor.

Are you willing for restaurants to raise their prices to pay a living wage to the kitchen help in order to not have a kitchen full of illegals?

And on and on. Most businesses in my town use illegals for cheap. The owners enjoy the extra coins in their pockets
We are already paying 15 an hour in most big cities so how exactly do you think that would work?

We can't deport Americans even if they are anchor kids.

Last, if you can't run a business legally, it should fail. Every Single Time

Old 02-05-2019, 07:20 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are already paying 15 an hour in most big cities so how exactly do you think that would work?

We can't deport Americans even if they are anchor kids.

Last, if you can't run a business legally, it should fail. Every Single Time
My state is really big on contract labor.

I'm not suggesting deporting Americans. Where would they go?

That's sound like my hero Barry Goldwater. But he also advocated if a business cannot operate without doing any harm, they should not be a business. He included environmental damage.

My point is the builders in Texas have built suburbia in every Texas town using illegals. The builder sub contracts all phases of the process. The sub has an I 9. Nobody knows who they hire and pay in cash. Same with restaurants and processors. That could have been stopped 50 years ago. But the biggest builders were also the biggest donators to a political party.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:24 AM

1,874 posts, read 820,576 times
i'm down with using drones but you have to change the laws. once they are in they get lost in the system and never leave. this asylum nonsense is the first thing that needs to go.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
We could hire illegal immigrants to patrol the border. They work for cheap, I hear. That's why Trump hired them for his business.
LOL

Finally a sensible solution.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:45 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,531,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Walls work.
The Israeli wall to stop illegals crossing from Egypt is being extended this year since it took down illegal crossings from 15,000 to 14.
And their wall with Palestine has saved hundreds of lives.
The wall Hungry built to stop illegal migrants recently has been wildly successful and other eastern countries to copy it now.
Do your research, and stop listening to liberal media’s fake news.
The wall here in el paso reduced illegal alien entry by 95 percent. Crime went down as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies