Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
"Trump’s inaugural committee raised a record $107 million to fund events and parties surrounding his assumption of office in January 2017"

That’s a lot of illegal money for a relatively empty Mall and streets filled with empty bleachers.
About twice what Obama raised, and Trump had 3 balls compared to Obamas 10.
Where did all of that money go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
About twice what Obama raised, and Trump had 3 balls compared to Obamas 10.
Where did all of that money go?
Probably found its way into the Trump "charity" (cough, cough), but I am sure that Mueller is going to get to the bottom of this.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did Obama?

Jan. 2013 - Beneficiaries of Obama’s policies bankroll inauguration

The Presidential Inaugural Committee is effectively an extension of Obama’s campaign. It is not funded by taxpayers but by contributions, and it pays for aspects of the inaugural weekend not covered by the government. For instance, Obama’s PIC will pay for official inaugural balls but not for the swearing-in at the Capitol. After the inauguration, the PIC can use leftover funds however it pleases.

That doesn't sound like money being given back.

Inauguration money is of particular interest because the committee can use the money however it pleases. If Obama’s PIC has money left over, it can use that money for grassroots political activity supporting Obama’s agenda — or nearly anything.

The article mentions four companies who gave, that have a vested interest in gaining Obama's favor.
  • Microsoft - they received $852M from gov't contracts under Obama's 1st term
  • Southern Company Services - expected $8.3B from a Georgia Plant
  • United Therapeutics - Obama kept generic versions off the market for 12 years, subsidized presciptions
  • Genetech - Congress pretty much used their material in arguing for ObamaCare

So if the underlined above is the case, why is Mueller going here?

You missed my point. Money that comes in from foreigners is illegal to accept and other inaugural committees have given it back and I was asking if Trump's did that. I'm guessing not or he wouldn't be under investigation.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
A monstrosity like Trump is confirmation that the government is for sale and the USA is becoming a banana republic. No wonder Mueller is doing this huge dragnet.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:42 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So IF Trump is guilty I’m guessing that none of that matters to you or the other Trump supporters.
I already know he's guilty...of winning the election over the objections of the Establishment so they are making up faux "crimes"....and no, those made up "crimes" don't matter to me.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Wow--Trump is going for a record for the Most Admin Scandals Ever. And he's winning hands-down.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Having said that, isn't it obvious at this point that every, "This is the end of Trump! We finally got him!!" ends up being a dud? ... No real evidence of criminal collusion between Trump and Russia has turned up in all this time. It might be time to start accepting the fact that there's probably nothing there. ...Rather than going all in betting on Russian collusion that probably didn't happen, how about focusing on the fact that Trump is an obnoxious self-important prick instead? The Russian Nothingburger is just going to make the Dems look stupid...

It's becoming obvious -- at a slow, deliberate pace -- that Russian collusion (conspiracy) will be proved by Mueller. The arrest of Roger Stone was the big clue. It's highly likely now that Trump will be accused of knowing WikiLeaks had stolen e-mails and directed campaign staff to work with them on the timing of when to make releases to inflict maximum damage to Clinton.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:24 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Any rational patriot would only have to listen to President Imbecile for 30 seconds to realize what a snake and self-absorbed cretin this farce is.

What politician is not a self absorbed cretin bordering on "egomaniac" ? It just goes hand in hand with job.

I guess you can call me an imbecile because I think what President Trump said in his state of the union speech last night was simply good common sense and GASP Pro American!

Someone here that disagreed with my posting where I asked why the Left hates him so much, sent me this in a private message.

"He’s a narcissistic ignoramus - incompetent and beyond shady. Not to mention that he refuses to condemn the far-right racists outright. He is a disgrace."

I would respond that we can say the same about Obama and not to mention that he refused to condemn the far left American and authority hating fascists.

BIG UGH.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
The subpoena into Donald Trump's inauguration is "wide-sweeping," according to Trump officials.

"The Southern District is asking for just about everything we have."

Hell yeah!

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status...86424325599233

Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sort of like Trump was/ is with Hillary and Obama?

Really? While Obama certainly violated the Constitution with Obamacare and had a variety of scandals, I don't recall a continued call for impeachment or the media engaged in all out war against him.

For democrats, the press suddenly becomes silent about any transgressions, as they are the propaganda wing for the left. If the press attacked a dem politician, they would be kicked out of "the club" and no longer welcome or invited to the liberal social events.

Being "liberal" is no longer the "edgy", daring stance taken by those attempting to buck the trend and change society. Now a liberal political position is the staid stance of conformity, for those who seek the approval and adoration of fellow libs. To be conservative or independent minded is simply not tolerated and one must seek the safety of adopting all liberal views, lest one risk being branded a "racist", "homophobe", or "misogynist" and be rejected by the crowd. It is blind conformity and a cowardly acceptance of a bizzare set of beliefs to satisfy the prevailing sentiments of the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies