Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 09:07 AM

958 posts, read 304,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP wants a theocracy just like another unnamed poster on here.

You worship your God and let the us of enjoy our freedom to do what we want.
I guess you're fine with the government pushing a religion too. It's called atheism. So what's the difference between you and me?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
So you're fine with all the legislation I listed in Paragraph three of my OP, plus the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling, which I left out?
No one is forcing you to marry someone of the same sex or have an abortion. The laws allow others to do so if they want. Who I choose to marry does not force anything on you. If I choose to have an abortion does not force anything on you.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Here is some homework for you, "What is the purpose of the secular-state?"
What secular state? Did you not read my presentation? There is no secular state, nor can there be. Tell me how I'm wrong.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Why does gay marriage trigger so many on the right? I know it goes against your religious beliefs but outside of that what is the big deal?

The answer is control.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
It is being forced on all of us, because we all have to deal with the fallout and consequences of abortion. Immoral acts are not done in a vacuum or affect only the offender. They harm all of society. That's the thing so few people seem to realize.

1) IT IS NOT being forced on anyone. It's simple: Don't believe in abortion? DON'T have one! BTW, NICE job of conveniently ignoring we ALL also deal with the fallout and consequences of unwanted children being brought into the world.

2) WHAT makes you believe your judgement of morality should be everyone's standard?

3) By your (il)logic, since the law allows alcohol & tobacco, is everyone having alcohol &N tobacco forced on them?

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
What secular state? Did you not read my presentation? There is no secular state, nor can there be. Tell me how I'm wrong.
Then, once again, you need to tell us you want the establishment clause eliminated.

I also already gave a list of countries where Roman Catholicism is the official religion. Why don't you move to one of them if you don't like it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one is forcing you to marry someone of the same sex or have an abortion. The laws allow others to do so if they want. Who I choose to marry does not force anything on you. If I choose to have an abortion does not force anything on you.
Immoral laws harm all of society. Look at slavery. That evil affected more than just those who committed the act or were victims of it. 150 years later, America is still paying a steep price for it. Look at the strife America has to now endure because of it, particularly from those who want to prolong it as an issue.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
constitutional amendment that says "No law shall violate Christian teaching"

Absurd.

Soon afterward we would have amendments that said "No law shall violate Buddhist teaching", "No law shall violate Aboriginal American traditional religious teaching", and then "No law shall violate Muslim teaching".

We must not establish any sort of precedent along these lines, ever. It is foolhardy to even contemplate.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Why does gay marriage trigger so many on the right? I know it goes against your religious beliefs but outside of that what is the big deal?

The answer is control.

Also the answer why much religious dogma exists.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
I guess you're fine with the government pushing a religion too. It's called atheism. So what's the difference between you and me?
Let's say the government started "pushing" the "belief" that Picasso was a great painter.

Now, some people are going to look at Picasso's paintings, and think it's a bunch of bizarre-looking nonsense.

The people who think that can simply ignore what the government was "pushing" and hold their own opinion.

People will do that anyway, no matter what the government "pushes." So ultimately the government "pushing" something makes little difference anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies