Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,757,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Your leftwing government isn't allowing Christians their freedom. You seem to fine with following your atheist religion, while we can't follow ours.
Who or what is stopping you from practicing your religion?

What sort of "freedoms" are you being denied?

Be specific.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,775,447 times
Governments don't decree what a religion is - Christianity exists long before any official stamp of approval.

Atheism doesn't have any values -it's just a position on the existence of gods

Old 02-06-2019, 11:43 AM

20,909 posts, read 9,628,012 times
Quote:
So you can't tell me how I'm wrong?
I have already told you multiple times how I think you are wrong.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:43 AM

958 posts, read 306,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Why does gay marriage trigger so many on the right? I know it goes against your religious beliefs but outside of that what is the big deal?

The answer is control.
Well what the hell do you think the atheist Marxists wants if it isn't control and coercion. In this case of my church, the Catholic Church, membership if voluntary.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Let's say the government started "pushing" the "belief" that Picasso was a great painter.

Now, some people are going to look at Picasso's paintings, and think it's a bunch of bizarre-looking nonsense.

The people who think that can simply ignore what the government was "pushing" and hold their own opinion.

People will do that anyway, no matter what the government "pushes." So ultimately the government "pushing" something makes little difference anyway.
If my taxes are going to killing little babies about to be born, then, yes, it damn well DOES affect me and everyone else in many ways. Immorality harms ALL of us.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:46 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Governments don't decree what a religion is - Christianity exists long before any official stamp of approval.

Atheism doesn't have any values
-it's just a position on the existence of gods

WHAT makes you believe belief in God is a requirement to having 'values'?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM

20,909 posts, read 9,628,012 times
Quote:
If my taxes are going to killing little babies about to be born, then, yes, it damn well DOES affect me and everyone else in many ways. Immorality harms ALL of us.
That was utterly unresponsive to the post of mine you were quoting.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:48 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,775,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT makes you believe belief in God is a requirement to having 'values'?
I don't

Old 02-06-2019, 11:49 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:

What about peoples' taxes paying for services like police, fire, sewage, et al used by tax-free churches? When churches pay taxes they might have claim to a political voice, until they do, they don't.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can you name one law that forces atheism on you? Don't mention abortion, because the majority of people in this country are pro-choice, and no one is forcing you to have an abortion. Don't bring up school prayer, because no one has ever been prevented from praying in a school.

There have been a few cases of people being forced to violate their religious beliefs, and for the most part the Supreme Court has sided with the religious.
I guess we have all these new people tuning in who haven't read all the past posts. I've answered this five times already. Immoral acts affect ALL of us. For example,the immoral gay sex acts constitute more than half the HIV cases in the United States. This places a big burden on the resources of the medical field as well as taxpayer money. Immoral hetero sex acts, like sex outside marriage harm all of society. The make for unstable relationships, lead to poor single motherhood, fatherless children who go on to commit crimes, broken relationships, depression on and on.

You leftwingers need to look beyond yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies