Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Trump 63 56.76%
Reparations Democrat Nominee 28 25.23%
Third Party 12 10.81%
Not vote at all 8 7.21%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:21 PM

8,579 posts, read 11,003,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Everyone think about all the government officials that have recently come out with pictures of them in their yearbooks, wearing KKK garb and painted in blackface. You think we live in a day and age where everyone is equal and free to be American? Come on folks. These things and the data points to one thing for American descendant of slaves. Without reparations, we are done as a group. Look at this article....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...black-men.html

If that is the outlook for rich black boys, where does that leave everyone else? By the way, the reason for this is because the black community in general has no wealth. There are whole networks of wealth to access in white American households. You can mess up and be secure in white households. However for black households, if you mess up once, you fall off the earth. There is nothing to sustain you. Again, this is what it looks like at the top for us, our minuscule wealthy black class. Imagine what it's like for where most of black America is, which we are already at the bottom of society.

I'm sorry I can't help you if you can't find where I've talked about this. Our history and current day situation in this country is why we deserve reparations. Without it, we perish. I can't make it any more clear than that. I apologize if that is not enough for you. I apologize that you don't care about seeing American descendants of slaves falling by the wayside in this country.
So what you are saying is, persecution is ok, as long as you all get paid for it.
You are going to perish if you don't get paid?
Let me just say one more thing, and that is, you are one very sick puppy.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 05:23 PM

8,579 posts, read 11,003,462 times
At this time I would like the moderator to lock this thread.
I think this entire thread has been a giant trolling job from the beginning.

Bob.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,598,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
At this time I would like the moderator to lock this thread.
I think this entire thread has been a giant trolling job from the beginning.

Bob.
If you think someone has violated the TOS, report them. The mods are not mind readers, nor do they see each and every post.

BTW, the fact that you do not like a topic does not mean it's trolling. Sometimes it just means it's controversial. I don't agree with everything the OP has said, but at least he's talking about an idea, and not just mindlessly insulting people. THAT would be my definition of trolling, and it happens here every single day.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,407,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
But the bold is not true for your generation or the ones after it. None of my kids or my nephews/nieces/little cousins are born into hard circumstances. You were not born into hard circumstances. I was not born into hard circumstances compared to my grandparents. I was born into a country full of opportunity and you were born after me so you had it better and I'm glad you did and all of us do.

If you were Byron Allen, you'd be goal oriented and not on a forum b**ching about white people and reparations. I am aware of Byron Allen's biography (I actually LOVE him and his example - he is very action oriented). He is not that type of person.

All of us who are not that "type" of people in black America, we focus on our goals and make sh*t happen and don't expect whites or government to do anything for us.

Hard work by most of us will save all of us if we look out for each other. If I knew you, I'd take you under my wing and encourage you (like I do often here ) to stop being so invested in online crap and get invested in your community if you want to improve our lot. Become a physician. We need more black doctors and mentor young black people interested in the medical field. Become an entrepreneur and mentor other young black people interested in business. Each one - teach one. "Our culture for service" "Lifting as we climb" - these are all culturally relevant mottos and references to black people and our history in this nation.

Black peopel shouldn't be out here, especially not our men, begging for some white man to help them. It only highlights your weakness of mind and body that you cannot think of any way to improve yourself or your community without whitey or big government's help - shows your to be powerless and incapable. No one is lynching you today nor do they GAF what we do and hardly pay any attention to us. Go out and set and achieve your goals instead of buying into and believing all this BS you are consuming on the internet.

Couldn't rep you again.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,407,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Obama's first three years black unemployment climbed to the highest in history....
...Trump's first 2 years...black unemployment fell to the lowest in history

say what you want....

What a patently ridiculous "argument".

Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 AM

2,455 posts, read 1,457,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yes I'm sure about Allen. He is not on a forum begging white people for reparations. He's "doing" something in court and making his money. He doesn't "have" to use old laws. But he's smart enough to bring them up when it will benefit him and the community. THAT is the difference.

As noted, I probably am much well versed in African American history than yourself. Because of that, I can pull a lot of sh*t out my a$$ in regards to our history, laws, and find plenty of valid reasons for XYZ. Byron is about his money and his goals. He is not about sitting on his a$$ and claiming to be a victim. He will fight about something. He used the laws to fight and try to get what he feels he is owed AND (most importantly) to provide opportunities for other black people in the entertainment industry. More power to him for continuing the cultural legacy I stated earlier - Uplifting as we Climb - he is directly doing this. You should be more like him.

I doubt he b**ched about black's lowly status when he bought the Weather Channel lol.

And you ignored the most important part of the article you linked from ABC (note I don't consider HuffPost to be valid in regards to relating news events they are overly biased compared to other sources)
also:

Focus on the bold and blue. Allen is focused on business and "economic inclusion." Not reparations and b**ching about slavery. He is talking about right now. You have the opportunity for education. You have the opportunity to make money. He - Allen - is actually being an example to you to do something for yourself and your people and use the system to get what you want. He is not advocating for black people to rely on government programs and non-existence reparations programs, nor is he saying we cannot do anything, which is what you are saying, or that we are the lowest of low, which is what you are saying.

Take his advice and get you some education and some money and build your portfolio of wealth. He is right, this country primarily values money and education - IMO money moreso than education. So think of a creative way to get you some money that you can start to take action on - like he did, and stop waiting on the government and white people to do it for you.

He was able to buy the Weather Channel because of his lawsuit. That's my point about how well we have been shut out. Its interesting you don't see his court case, which was about racial discrimination, as complaining. When Byron Allen talks about corporate America doing business with black America, he's talking about how we have been locked out of the venture capital. Why? It's because of how we've been treated in this country overall. This country doesn't want black America to be sustainable, they don't want us to have wealth. So it's strange to me that you don't see Byron Allen talking about these things as begging white men for money.

I look at funding corporations like Y Combinator, and I ask myself how many American DOS companies have they helped get on their feet? Everybody else is able to receive capital from them, including 2nd generation immigrants, but not us who have been here for hundreds of years and are the lowest rung. This is what Byron Allen is talking about. We can't get the basic venture capital we need to put wealth in our communities. Again, Allen had to go to court using laws that were created to helped newly freed slaves, and that resulted in him getting the opportunity to buy the Weather Channel. How many of us can go to court to demand these corporations to do business with us?

Finally with Byron Allen's 8 solutions, there he's demanding capital and wealth to be given directly to black communities. You say that isn't reparations, but how many times have you heard people say welfare is reparations for black people, in spite of course white Americans taking up most of the welfare? How many people have said Affirmative Action is reparations, in spite it benefiting white Americans more? Rush Limbaugh said Obamacare was reparations, in spite everybody applying for it. (Rush is also dumb as bricks because Obamacare was actually Romneycare, a republican's think tank idea for healthcare) If people consider all those things reparations, you better believe they would be going tooth and nail against Byron Allen's 8 solutions to fix the great American crisis. Yet he's not complaining, he's not begging the white man?

So it's clear to me that venture capital, corporations, none of them are ever going to let us into their space. America itself has shut us out and continue to do so. If I got to go to court just for them to see me as American, that tells me of my community's vulnerability. With reparations to the tune of the trillions, there would no longer be any need to go to venture capital or what have you just to break in. We would immediately have the wealth to build stable communities. Also our government would crack down on monopolies, allowing us the environment to better use that wealth.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Oh, please. Blacks have been given reparations for years.. in the form of welfare, affirmative action....You just aren't happy unless they cut you a check that says 'reparations' on it?

Old 02-08-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
This will not change until black Americans will start voting for anyone else but the Democrats and become a swing vote. Then the parties will fight for black vote.

-Democrats know that blacks will vote for them anyway, so why cater to this group? Their platform is "We are better than the Republicans" Just pay lip service, make a nice speech, quote MLK Jr, and visit African American history museum during the black history month.
-Republicans know that blacks will be voting for Democrats anyway, regardless of what they do, so why cater to the group that votes against you? In fact, might as well cater to a tiny minority who doesn't like blacks, since they have nothing to lose once its election time and the votes are counted.
I personally think Trump has done way more for blacks than Obama ever did. Some blacks agree.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:44 AM

2,455 posts, read 1,457,053 times
Let me say something about this black unemployment rate, and really the unemployment rate for all people. It is a lie, especially when it comes to the black community. It was a lie under Obama as well. The reason why it's so low for everyone, is due to our government considering working for companies like Uber and Lyft as having a job. Plus most of the real jobs that have been created under Obama's last years and under Trump, are low wage part time jobs. So we are working two or three jobs to make ends meet, more than any other time in our nation's history. Y'all stop listening to mainstream CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News about these unemployment numbers.

Yet when it comes to black Americans' unemployment specifically, it is much larger than other groups for the fact of our large prison population. Our government doesn't take into account the prison population when they do unemployment rates, which normally it wouldn't matter. However, because there are so many black people in prison and under probation (we're talking close to 2 million black people), if you included them in our unemployment rate, it would jump to 14%-15%.

So when I take all of that into consideration, I give neither Obama nor Trump any credit for anything. It was under Obama that the abominations of Uber and Lyft were born. Companies that have trampled on more than a hundred years of labor laws.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Let me say something about this black unemployment rate, and really the unemployment rate for all people. It is a lie, especially when it comes to the black community. It was a lie under Obama as well. The reason why it's so low for everyone, is due to our government considering working for companies like Uber and Lyft as having a job. Plus most of the real jobs that have been created under Obama's last years and under Trump, are low wage part time jobs. So we are working two or three jobs to make ends meet, more than any other time in our nation's history. Y'all stop listening to mainstream CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News about these unemployment numbers.

Yet when it comes to black Americans' unemployment specifically, it is much larger than other groups for the fact of our large prison population. Our government doesn't take into account the prison population when they do unemployment rates, which normally it wouldn't matter. However, because there are so many black people in prison and under probation (we're talking close to 2 million black people), if you included them in our unemployment rate, it would jump to 14%-15%.

So when I take all of that into consideration, I give neither Obama nor Trump any credit for anything. It was under Obama that the abominations of Uber and Lyft were born. Companies that have trampled on more than a hundred years of labor laws.
Oh, ok. We will listen to some random person on the internet instead.

Who did prison reform? Who is doing inner city programs now? Hmmmm...not Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies