Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 04:40 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
So being a daddy to a baby is disgusting. Okay, got that.
No, abandoning your kid is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 07:19 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Would you be willing to have your taxes increased sharply to maintain the life of an infant born with severe birth defects such as that in this true story?

https://abc13.com/family/preemie-bor...home-/5103217/

Typical drivel from the left.

According to them, we cannot morally embrace the sanctity of any child's life unless we're willing to financially support them.

Bullbleep.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:27 AM

958 posts, read 305,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The pro-life people, especially those who shout against abortions of any kind for political purposes, are not really pro-life, just anti-abortion. This issue is used to win elections and is in the news again because the GOP if failing.

If the GOP were truly pro-life, they would be fighting and legislating to help save the lives of these people:

-immigrants fleeing violence

-those who cannot afford health insurance

-those who cannot afford life saving medications

-those killed in the US by gun violence
1. The GOP wants better health insurance for those people. Private health insurance

2. The GOP is providing jobs, so people can pay for their own medications

3. The GOP wants to fix the ghetto family structure, so that these crimes are reduced.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:33 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,349,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
1. The GOP wants better health insurance for those people. .
Lie of the decade. The GOP blasted Obamacare for 6 years while Obama was president despite it being based off the republican idea of the individual mandate requiring personal responsibility to not be a deadbeat when you show up to a healthcare facility for emergency care.

Despite that, they did NOTHING to address Healthcare the last 2 years despite having 6 years to think about it before trump came to power

The GOP has zero credibility on healthcare and most polls support that

Old 02-09-2019, 07:59 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,406,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'd be willing to bet the majority of pro-choicers do not support the death penalty for some capital crimes.
Truth. The arguments against pro-life folk can have similar arguments against the pro-choice crowd.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:13 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Yes., although I'm certain taxes would not need to be raised "sharply." As a matter of fact, with sensible cuts to things like our bloated defense budget, taxes wouldn't need to be raised at all.

And I find your premise that people with severe disabilities ("Ya know...we're actually doing them a favor") should be killed revolting. In all likelihood, if you had such a child, your humanity would be awakened.
Those born with severe birth defects are not killed. Rather they require extensive life saving advanced medical care such as:

-immediate and perpetual ventilator support,

-artificial tube feedings,

-expensive medications, and

-frequent and extensive surgeries just to stay alive.

Withholding this prolonged and extensive life support medical care is what the "pro-life" people are categorizing as baby killing. "Pro-life" people for the most part are against taxes but "pro-life" should pony-up to pay for those they want to keep from their god though extensive life support measures.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:17 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Pro-life people are basically pro-baby people. They treasure them like those who love puppies, kittens and chicks, but don't care about all the unwanted dogs and cats in the shelters, and eat chicken meat.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
It does. I would go so far as to call this a "bad faith argument." I think it's offered up not because it's an actual concern, but because of its emotional appeal as a talking point. As a general principle, arguing by the exception, and in this case, a very minute exception, versus the rule, is a weak argument.

If I said to you that transgender people should be disallowed to enter the restrooms opposite their biological sex because there have been a handful of cases in which biological males have entered women's restrooms for nefarious purposes and then claimed to identify as women, I feel safe in saying some of you same people would reject that principle based on a minute exception.

The US has the "highest rate of maternal mortality in the industrialized world.

Quote:
Since the Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System was implemented, the number of reported pregnancy-related deaths in the United States steadily increased from 7.2 deaths per 100,000 live births in 1987 to 18.0 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2014.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...th%2Fpmss.html

Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
sorry jojajn, I am no victim. I took the time to go over to the DNC website and read for myself (some years ago) the party platform.

I read it verbatim without anyone 'splaining it to me. its pretty simple.

No restriction on abortion period. all decisions between the woman and her doctor. period.

that's really simple.

The former president, while in the Ill State house stood firm against protections for babies born alive due to botched abortions. that happened a lot of years ago.

That is the stated position of the democrat party. That is the view of the Progressive movement. period. you aren't being honest trying to suggest I am the liar. You aren't being honest when you suggest I come to these conclusions because I have been lied to.

We have the entire state of New York as our example. They purely, purely, purely stated for all to see what it means to be a liberal and to hold the liberal view of Abortion. From the drafting of the law to the pretty pink lights as an entire state partied over the deaths of thousands.

The GOP platform is no abortion period, not for incest, rape, birth defects incompatible with life, or when the life of the mother is in danger from the pregnancy.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:26 AM

958 posts, read 305,144 times
So why are pro-abortion people so anti-life? These lefties who claim to be so compassionate are the biggest monsters of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies