Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
The poor child doesn't have a chance. There's no parenting going on. A real dad would have told him to stand up, right there in front of everyone.
Stand up for what...a pledge to a flag. His dad should be proud of him for standing up for others he thinks have been wronged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 02:56 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If this ten year old were babbling on about his 2nd Amendment rights you'd be saying this kid was the most self aware kid in three counties. Certainly it wouldn't be his Gun Goober daddy "indoctrinating" him.
Prove it. Why listen to you when you make things up and constantly promote failed policies?

btw I didn't listen to the Parkland teenagers fresh off a tragedy when they screamed into the microphone like irrational. emotional children are wont to do.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm just saying how some see it. As much as I am questioning how I feel about America under Trump, it is still my country and I stand for the pledge and anthem when I can. Right now for me it is "it's complicated" on my Facebook relationship status...
Why don't they care about policy and how it affects them? If they want to have a feel good moment they can eat chocolate.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
BS.

I was about that age when Watergate hit the news. I knew exactly what it meant.
Sure you did. Why 10 year olds have a well developed thought process. All you knew was someone cheated and got caught.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sure you did. Why 10 year olds have a well developed thought process. All you knew was someone cheated and got caught.
We once had to watch the news of the times in school. We would have exercises where you had to repeat a news story you had read in the paper the previous day. (A time when nearly everyone got a news paper still).

I recall being on vacation when Nixon resigned. Did I fully understand all the things that went on behind his resignation? No, but I still recall being on vacation with my parents, watching the news he was resigning. I was 12.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We once had to watch the news of the times in school. We would have exercises where you had to repeat a news story you had read in the paper the previous day. (A time when nearly everyone got a news paper still).

I recall being on vacation when Nixon resigned. Did I fully understand all the things that went on behind his resignation? No, but I still recall being on vacation with my parents, watching the news he was resigning. I was 12.
Do you think almost all 10 year olds are taught the proper reasons behind right and wrong almost all of the time? I know they aren't well schooled on property rights.
We all do good and bad things but adults will recognize and choose not to do the right thing vs a 10 year old who may not recognize and just does what he is told. A mistake by the adult, an error by the child. A mistake is an error uncorrected.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You never got your Piaget on in school?

Even I did and I went to government schools...in the ghetto!

https://www.healthline.com/health/pi...of-development

10-year-old vs. 16-year-old...

Too be fair I became politically aware in 1968 the year I turned 10. Of course 1968 was a terrible year. I shook Robert Kennedy’s hand at a campaign stop in Cape Girardeau a few weeks before his assassination.

Last edited by whogo; 02-10-2019 at 04:36 AM..

Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Do you think almost all 10 year olds are taught the proper reasons behind right and wrong almost all of the time? I know they aren't well schooled on property rights.
We all do good and bad things but adults will recognize and choose not to do the right thing vs a 10 year old who may not recognize and just does what he is told. A mistake by the adult, an error by the child. A mistake is an error uncorrected.
I support what the kid did so...........

Old 02-10-2019, 05:55 AM

958 posts, read 304,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Obey the State!

Unfortunately, leftwingers running the state agree with the kid and the dad. But if they ever get in total control, THEN it's the gulag if somebody disrespects the state.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
My ten year old daughter called him stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies