Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 11:13 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Southerners are some very proud LOSERS. The like to claim that the War of Southern Treason was fought over "states rights".

They don't like to talk about the fact that the "state right" in question was the institution of slavery. Well... at least they don't like to talk about that among people who aren't self-righteous white southerners.

you mean the same institution of slavery in which the 13 colonies was founded on and the birth of our republic?......you mean the same institution of slavery that the federal government had no problem taking the revenues in taxes to fund the North?......the same reason Lincoln and the North wouldn't let South leave.

yeah, at least know your history in why Lincoln and the North waged war on the South and it wasn't to free the slaves in the South.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I don’t see white supremacists and neo-NAZI’s supporting the current Democratic Party.

They like Trump though.

maybe you need glasses.

the party of identity politics and reverse racism? LMAO!!!!! Black supremacists and racists Latinos support the Democrat party, whoever dislikes white people is a Democrat.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
What is the source of the above quote? Is it this one? Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths

Look it up, if by now you still think Lincoln waged war on the South to free the slaves then you are more lost and confused than a cockroach without antennas.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You live in Texas. Lots of blacks around you.
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Go walk into the black community with a bullhorn (they aren’t that expensive) and tell ‘em to get off of welfare Mr. “I know what blacks need to be doing.” You’re a real swaggering Texas badass, aren’t you?
You don't get to tell me what to do. Ever. Your advice is bad.
It's not about me and it's childish of you to make it about me, but not surprising. It's about the truth.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 02-11-2019 at 01:05 AM..

Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Your opinion is not the truth.
Your bathering is nothing more than childish drivel.

Quote:
Speaking of opinion, how about the opinion of a man who was a prominent Republican in Illinois for 44 years, before becoming a Democrat after 1 year as an Independent. Bob Schneider’s family had been Republican loyalists in Illinois since the beginning of the Republican Party.

In this article from 2017, the the reasons he finally left the Republican Party:

Here’s his reasons for finally becoming a Democrat.

44 years a Republican, 1 year an Independent, today I’m joining the Democratic Party | Politics Now

Remember, this is from a man whose family were Republicans from the beginning of the Republican Party. It’s not that he has grown more liberal. The Republican Party has become so extreme and strayed so far from its original principles, he can no longer be a part of it.
Because one person said so. LMAO That's your proof? Why then it must be true.

Name one racist policy the republicans promote, Go ahead and name one. Just one. Or you can prattle on and present zero facts like you've done here.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I grew up with a step-grandfather and two uncles who were robe wearing members of the Klan. They are all dead now, and good riddance. In 1865 there may have been room for some discussion, but in 1965 there was not. They would spit on the ground, look you in the eye, and tell you they would love to be able to kill ******s on sight. All of them had CBFs displayed in their dens, and wished may time the South had won so they could realize their dreams.

My Father spent four years of WWII in Germany, France, and Austria fighting Nazis. If he was still around, he would be happy to pick up his Garand again and pick up where he left off in 1944.

Today the Klan, with declining numbers, has aligned itself with the Neonazis ( a group that can't even seem to all find brown shirts that match), and their favorite rags fly side-by-side at rallies. They are dedicated to white supremacy and hatred. Explain to me, please, why it is you chose to muster a defense of the Klan? I find that curious in someone who labels me as "hateful".
The simple point that you missed while for some reason making it about you was obvious. The klan has no power because there are not many of them.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Slavery existed for centuries in the world....empires were built on slavery. The United States is the ONLY country in the world with the slavery guilt for politics and political correctness that is still the topic of the day when other countries have moved on.

your history is wrong......the South left the Union to be independent. They didn't wage war to conquer the North and impose their believes on the North or to expand slavery in the North.

Lincoln and the North didn't wage war on the South to end slavery. He said it many times and you should read the Corwin Amendment. That should give you pause in the history they taught you in the public schools.

Corwin Amendment is Lincoln and the North telling the South: "keep your slavery into perpetuity as long that you come back in the union and pay your taxes and let us control your economy and the revenues you are making out of slavery".........the South refused and like a tyrant Lincoln waged war on the South.

this wasn't really a civil war.....a civil war is what Vietnam and Spain had. 2 sides fighting to control the whole country and control the whole population under 1 government and destroy the other side. The South never wanted to control the North or the federal government or destroy the North or conquer the North or control the economy in the North.....they wanted to be INDEPENDENT and be left alone and like every Tyrant in history has done when a group in the population declared their independence, they got destroyed.....Lincoln did what King George failed to do.

it wasn't a civil war, it was a war of independence.
Agreed. The South could have said they were getting rid of slavery on Monday and we're leaving the Union on Tuesday and Lincoln would have still said no.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
He'd get shot and/or end up in a hospital.
I'd beat or kill any ghetto snipe that attacked me, including you

Quote:
Can you imagine a white guy going to the south side of Chicago (Englewood or Austin) telling blacks how to lower their homicide rates? They react by telling him to GTFO if he's lucky.
Because you think blacks are savages. Understood.

Quote:
You go walk into a poor white community with a bullhorn and tell them to get off Welfare. You'd likely be safe doing so.
Why do you think whites act differently than blacks? Genetics?

Old 02-11-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah, well I don’t want that poster to be lucky.
What you say is meaningless. You have no affect on what happens to me and quit acting like you do. Remember you don't listen to whitey, so why give anything whitey says any credibility? It's all about skin color, right?

Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He would have recognized the faces under the tiki torches in Charlottesville, for sure, but I doubt he would have considered them "fine people".
It wasn't only the KKK in Charlottesville. There were also groups such as the daughters of the confederacy. Which was an organization created to maintain the graves of confederate soldiers, and to defend the honor of their fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...he_Confederacy

Are Vietnam veterans liberators or baby-killers? Are Confederate soldiers patriots or treasonous? Were Confederate soldiers fighting for slavery or freedom?

What did Robert E. Lee believe he was fighting for? Was Robert E. Lee a bad person? Who was a better person, Robert E. Lee or George Washington?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kflJ6LSrk0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies