Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 04:48 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott53051 View Post
He promised a wall and he's delivering.
He also promised Mexico was going to pay for it, and the wall is not delivered yet. Don't get too far ahead of game now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 04:50 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I’m forecasting heavy liberal tears in the near future.
You probably need to stay out of the forecasting business.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:14 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
True, with those in the caravan who seek asylum lining up to file applications at the port of entry. About the only real change to the immigration picture is that there are far more asylum seekers, many who are women and children, seeking legal admission. (This is true even for those who cross between POEs.)

A wall helps here, how? If THAT's the concern ...

Under the powers of a national emergency declaration Trump appears to be able to restrict the travel of US citizens. A fair question is whether he could "temporarily" suspend asylum applications. Then work with Congress for needed immigration reform in that arena. In the interim, it sends a strong message to the caravan's to stay home. Starting TODAY.

Can this wall-thing via national emergency action match that?

Remember:

Trump's willing to rant and rave when "his" immigration numbers get worse. But he never seems to do more than issue DOJ memorandums or executive orders, which the courts overturn because they end-run Congress.

He's now he's shooting his wad on this wall. What about demanding effective action?
"About the only real change to the immigration picture is that there are far more asylum seekers, many who are women and children, seeking legal admission."

Did you NOT read mu post with the NUMBERS of crime committed by ILLEGALS

"A wall helps here, how?

Such a STUPID question doesn't deserves a response but, I will anyway.

The WALL is NOT at ports of entry where the caravan people are.

Did you NOT see the caravan criminals trying to overtake the border Patrol and run in b ycrash9ing the fences

Are you so blind to NOT see IF walls were there how much HARDER it would be to "rush the border then with just fences?

The wall is mostly for areas where we do NOT have controlled ports of entry.

The Border Patrol CANNOT guard the over thousand of miles of border that are OT controlled border ports of entry.

"Can this wall-thing via national emergency action match that?" If you STILL don't believe, after reading these stat that we so NOT have national emergency, I have nothing else to say to you!

"What they aren't telling you is border patrol agents apprehended more than 100,000 people trying to enter the country illegally in just October and November of last year. Or that that number is way up from the same two months the year before. Nor do they mention that last year, the border patrol apprehended more than half a million people trying to get into the country illegally. And that number, too, is up from the year before."

THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WHAT THE LSM WILL NOT TELL YOU!

"The Department of Homeland Security claims that about 20% of illegal border crossers make it into the country. Other studies, however, say border agents fail to apprehend as much as 50% of illegal crossers.
Even at the lower percentage, that means that 104,000 illegals made it into the country in 2018 alone.

Is that not a crisis at the border?"

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...at-the-border/

The LSM and the dems, will NOT tell you what the Agents AT THE BORDER say.
Read this and LEAN a LOT! Look at the picture.

Border Patrol Makes Its Case For An Expanded 'Border Barrier'

""I started in the San Diego sector in 1992 and it didn't matter how many agents we lined up," said Chief Patrol Agent Rodney Scott. "We could not make a measurable impact on the flow [of undocumented immigrants] across the border. It wasn't until we installed barriers along the border that gave us the upper hand that we started to get control." (The BETTER the barrier, the MORE CONTROL.)

" Scott says in the places where he has two levels of fencing he achieves 90 percent operational control."

""Every night people come through this canyon," said Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Michael Scappechio. "If we put in a border barrier, we can utilize the [agent] manpower elsewhere."

"He added that a steel fence (the type Trump want to erect) is a smarter border defense than having agents in ATVs or on foot chasing people crossing illegally through remote and rocky ravines, which is dangerous for the pursuer and the pursued."

"A senior official with Customs and Border Protection told NPR that the added expense comes from building access roads, installing sensors (something else the LSM will NOT tell you)and acquiring private land — which accounts for most of the borderland in Texas.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68403...border-barrier

Old 02-16-2019, 05:21 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Trump stood in the Rose Garden and stated he didn't need to declare a national emergency.

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...94433187651586

Now it is either a national emergency or it is not.

Which is it?

Old 02-16-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Negative, POTUS does not have the right to spend non-appropriated funds. It's right there plain as day in the Constitution.

"Negative, POTUS does not have the right to spend non-appropriated funds."

The LAWS pertaining to National Emergency says he CAN.

It has been posted several times. I suggest you find it and read it.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump should have declared national emergencies on several issues today:

1. Global warming.

2. Increased cost and scarcity of housing.

3. Skyrocketing costs of higher education and lifelong indebtedness of students who pay for it.

4. Increased cost of healthcare and tens of millions with no medical care at all.

5. Increased use of firearms in mass killings.

6. Increased loss of American jobs to off-shore sweat-shops.

There's numerous others, each far more important than building a monument to himself.
"There is NO interest, like SELF interest!"

Let me ask you a question.

IF Trump did as you wish, how many MORE THOUSANDS of ILLEGALS will cross the border and how much MORE will it cost us?

"5. Increased use of firearms in mass killings."If the OVER 2,000 EXISTING laws haven't worked, why do you think MORE will do?

Old 02-16-2019, 05:34 AM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
He also promised Mexico was going to pay for it, and the wall is not delivered yet. Don't get too far ahead of game now.
Please let go of this meme. You know very well what he meant by that comment.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
You said you lived in the "area." But you're not on the border are you? Not one of the Texas sheriffs from the 13 border counties (there are 2 others that barely touch it) signed the letter sent to Congress last March 2018 "supporting a wall."

It may be fine with you that your southern neighbors have their property seized by the Federal government.

They, however, beg to differ. The Secure Fence Act of 2006, as amended mandates that Homeland Security consult local officials, property owners, and Indian trips in fence placement.

THIS ^^^ is what the bipartisan committee did when they brought in those who live on and police the border.

Trump, of course, wants to throw all that out.

"It may be fine with you that your southern neighbors have their property seized by the Federal government"

Oh, please STOP with wild exaggerations.

We are only talking about about several YARDS or property.

People EVERY DAY face eminent domain to build new road, bridges buildings, etc.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It may be fine with you that your southern neighbors have their property seized by the Federal government"

Oh, please STOP with wild exaggerations.

We are only talking about about several YARDS or property.

People EVERY DAY face eminent domain to build new road, bridges buildings, etc.
EXACTLY, so people should be totally cool with having their property seized for a FABRICATED crisis. I mean, it happens EVERY DAY.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think the President made a big mistake today, and he has shown me he is not the brightest bulb in the circuit.
Either he, and his advisors know nothing about the military option regarding the border wall, or he is just plain stupid.
Toward the end of his speech today he stated it will go to court, then another court, and wind up in the scotus.
What he should have said was, "Today I am declaring a national emergency at the southern border, and promptly will instruct the united states military to begin plans to construct the wall".
That would have sent a message to not only congress, but the rest of the world, that he means what he says.
I never thought the day would come, but it has, and I firmly believe Mr, Trump is full of s...

All this could have been avoided if he chose the military option, which is guaranteed to him under the constitution.
Obviously those advising him are not aware the military is at the President's disposal.
Now, instead of getting started on this project, it will be tied up in court for years.
Once the first claim is made in any court, the president is powerless to call upon the military to get involved in the wall.
I am extremely disappointed in Trump today.
He had the opposition right by the balls, and he blew the opportunity, big time.

I believe what he did today, is going to have a devastating impact on his chances to be re-elected.

Dumb, dumb move on his part.

Bob.
"I think"

Just another "I think", "if", "maybe", "could" prediction.

What is your record on predictions since Trump got elected?

"Either he, and his advisors know nothing about the military option regarding the border wall, or he is just plain stupid."

Are YOU rally that 'stupid" to th0ik he doesn't consult ALL parties involved?

"Now, instead of getting started on this project, it will be tied up in court for years."

What are you WILLING to BET?

"I am extremely disappointed in Trump today."

"It ain't OVER until the fat lady sings!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies