Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I'm just glad this is over. To be honest, I've never thought Kap start kneeling in good faith, and I didn't think he had a credible case of collusion. I think he was mad he lost his starting spot and decided he wanted to make a nuisance out of himself. I think someone from his camp put out the story about two years ago that he was willing to stand for the national anthem, but it still didn't result in a team signing him, so he lawyered up and filed suit.

My question is, other than that one interview, how much has Kaepernick actually said about police brutality? It seems like more people bring it up to defend him kneeling than he has to bring awareness to the issue. And it shouldn't be lost on anyone that this entire issue has been about him and his relationship with the NFL, not police brutality and what we can do about it.

My guess is, that was the point all along.
So what you’re saying is that you actually believe that police brutality is an issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 05:02 AM

938 posts, read 446,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I'm just glad this is over. To be honest, I've never thought Kap start kneeling in good faith, and I didn't think he had a credible case of collusion. I think he was mad he lost his starting spot and decided he wanted to make a nuisance out of himself. I think someone from his camp put out the story about two years ago that he was willing to stand for the national anthem, but it still didn't result in a team signing him, so he lawyered up and filed suit.
I agree with this ... Just another baby who didn't get it's way and threw a fit. He couldn't handle the fact that the league caught up to his game so quick.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:48 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nt-nfl/582994/

Had Kaepernick’s case gone further, there was no question that more sensitive and damaging information would have come out. Who knows what was said about Kaepernick or other players in texts and emails. Even if Kaepernick had lost the case, the NFL would have been left with a significant mess.

I would doubt that Kap would want to play for the NFL now that everyone knows how the owners feel about black players. They probably settled because they didn't want the public to find out the kind of language they use when referring to black players and their issues. They just paid hush money.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nt-nfl/582994/

Had Kaepernick’s case gone further, there was no question that more sensitive and damaging information would have come out. Who knows what was said about Kaepernick or other players in texts and emails. Even if Kaepernick had lost the case, the NFL would have been left with a significant mess.

I would doubt that Kap would want to play for the NFL now that everyone knows how the owners feel about black players. They probably settled because they didn't want the public to find out the kind of language they use when referring to black players and their issues. They just paid hush money.
How they feel about black players? Look around at the league at how many blacks are playing? Your post is sarcasm right?

It wouldn't surprise me if something was found that would cast 1 or more owners in a bad light and it had nothing to do with Kap.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:22 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How they feel about black players? Look around at the league at how many blacks are playing? Your post is sarcasm right?

It wouldn't surprise me if something was found that would cast 1 or more owners in a bad light and it had nothing to do with Kap.
60 million to end the story.
60 million to keep their crony fake capitalist info private.
A bit less than 2 million a team.

CHUMP CHANGE paid to a chump.

Colon Krappernick will now slowly fade away until some idiot brings him back up in a year.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Colon Krappernick will now slowly fade away until some idiot brings him back up in a year.
You’re not REALLY gonna sit here and pretend as if $60 million is chump change to you when in reality, you’d love to come up on $60 bucks right now, are you?

Old 02-20-2019, 09:35 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re not REALLY gonna sit here and pretend as if $60 million is chump change to you when in reality, you’d love to come up on $60 bucks right now, are you?
Chump change to them.

Pretty sure we would all love $60MM

Old 02-20-2019, 09:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

It's not chump change. The owners know the value of a dollar. That's why they are rich. We don't know how much he got but I do not believe it was to make him go away. Rather it was to not make something public that the owners did.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Chump change to them.

Pretty sure we would all love $60MM
Lol...ok. Just wanted to clear that up.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:06 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
He wasn't bothering anyone by kneeling during he anthem. Most people didn't even know he was doing it. The NFL created their own problem and now they have to pay for it. Stick to football, boys. Now if we can only convince these dudes to STOP working for the NFL. Put their butts out of business once and for all.
It was all over the front pages, sports pages, evening news, and internet.

How can you possibly claim that "[m]ost people didn't even know he was doing it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies