Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Stephen Miller owning ANYTHING of halfway decent political content? BWAHAHAHAH!
...how can I trust the mainstream traditional common-sense-oriented folks to be right about what Stephen Miller says?

Er... this might shock you... watch the video interview and make up your own mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 03:10 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'll have to watch the show on youtube when they put it up. I thought Rush Limbaugh was supposed to be a guest today.

FOX runs the show again at 6p.m. CST today.

I caught just a fraction of the Rush interview, so I plan to watch the entire show again.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Stephen Miller made the case upending Wallace on every point. Wallace use old data to try and make the case of what is relevant today. Facts at one time were correct but that no longer represent the problems or situation today.
One obvious leftist talking point I hear over and over is about drugs only coming through ports of entry. Does anyone with a modicum of intelligence think the drug cartels are waiting patiently in line for inspection by border agents, their trucks packed to the brim with cocaine?

Old 02-17-2019, 03:45 PM

9,445 posts, read 5,208,974 times
Quote:
Stephen Miller owned Chris Wallace on his own program Fox News Sunday crushing Wallace's anti-Trump narrative.

Stephen Miller made the case upending Wallace on every point. Wallace use old data to try and make the case of what is relevant today. Facts at one time were correct but that no longer represent the problems or situation today.

Wallace tried to use the constitutional argument selectively and it backfired big time.
Stephen correctly pointed out the false premise of Wallace's question.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6003160755001
Despite my self-imposed moratorium on Fox News Sunday, I turned it on today just to get a feel for the tone of the conversation about the declaration of a national emergency on the border. Boy, it was worth the time just to see Stephen Miller clean that sanctimonious Chris Wallace's clock.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:47 PM

9,445 posts, read 5,208,974 times
Quote:
Stephen Miller owned Chris Wallace on his own program Fox News Sunday crushing Wallace's anti-Trump narrative.

Wallace tried to use the constitutional argument selectively and it backfired big time.
Stephen correctly pointed out the false premise of Wallace's question.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6003160755001
Quote:
One obvious leftist talking point I hear over and over is about drugs only coming through ports of entry. Does anyone with a modicum of intelligence think the drug cartels are waiting patiently in line for inspection by border agents, their trucks packed to the brim with cocaine?
They must be putting that nonsense out on NPR because many liberals I know claim the same thing. "Drugs are coming across at points of entry." Say what you will, most drug runners are NOT coming through a port of entry with their contraband. Be serious.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:03 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
They must be putting that nonsense out on NPR because many liberals I know claim the same thing. "Drugs are coming across at points of entry." Say what you will, most drug runners are NOT coming through a port of entry with their contraband. Be serious.
Well the vast majority of drug busts happen at border entries. Whether or not that indicates most of the drugs must be going through those points is a matter up for debate though.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:32 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Well the vast majority of drug busts happen at border entries. Whether or not that indicates most of the drugs must be going through those points is a matter up for debate though.
Of course most drug busts are happening at the entry points, that is where the border guards are stationed. You are probably not going to catch the majority of the smugglers who are crossing at other points if all of the guards are stationed at the crossing points.! Duh...!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:41 PM

15,956 posts, read 7,018,630 times
I watched it and it is always a pleasure to watch Chris Wallace on the only Fox News program I watch. He is a journalist I respect a lot, on HIS show. When he is on the other Fox programs he is different.Miller's eyes look dead and no, he did not win anything.
He also interviewed Rushhhh. Bleh.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:53 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I watched it and it is always a pleasure to watch Chris Wallace on the only Fox News program I watch. He is a journalist I respect a lot, on HIS show. When he is on the other Fox programs he is different.Miller's eyes look dead and no, he did not win anything.
He also interviewed Rushhhh. Bleh.
ohh ohh😉

trying to introduce reality to the trumpian defense team posting (one even called miller sweet)😝

repped you on this . shook my head in disbelief on the others
n

Old 02-17-2019, 05:55 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Stephen Miller owning ANYTHING of halfway decent political content? BWAHAHAHAH!

The only thing he OWNS is the hearts and minds of people who are so caught up in their own kneejerk personal distaste of anyone or anything that's even moderately different / incongruent. So much so that they lost the capacity for self-criticism (ARE my basebrain impulses for real when it sizes up the value or disvalue of "that" person? IS the traditional American way really so perfect that it speaks for itself? Hey, mainstream society used to have all sorts of other crazy ideas about whether a person's of high personal worth or low personal worth - non-protestants, non-Christians, southern and eastern Europeans, east Asians, even kids with learning disabilities back when we placed "dunce caps" on them, shooting "cowards" in wartime when they actually had PTSD or some other serious psychological injury. With this kind of track record, how can I trust the mainstream traditional common-sense-oriented folks to be right about what Stephen Miller says?

Well stated. But I wonder after Trump falls, will Miller get a job as one of those non-speaking extras on the next edition of "The Night of the Living Dead"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies