Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So some counterfeit items slipped through millions of containers/shipments via international commerce, therefore, the federal agencies that enforce safety standard are ineffective?

Is that what you are trụng to argue?
How does having these agencies under DHS make them more effective?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 11:24 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I spent two years working for CBP's MET (Merchandise Enforcement Team). We seized a shipment of Chinese made hoverboards with batteries that tend to explode. How would you like it if your kid is riding a hoverboard like that?

Also, are you insinuating that Vietnam doesn't have internet?
My mistake. I read it as you served in vietnam. Of course I know that Vietnam has internet.
The consumer goods market would be just fine self regulating.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 PM

662 posts, read 313,311 times
We should get rid of some of these departments as separate and merge them together. Republicans have called for eliminating the TSA, Homeland Security, and other law enforcement agencies that overlap each other too much. I agreed with them when I was a Republican and its something I still support to some degree.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
On any given day while I'm out in the back country I will encounter border patrol, sheriff, HP, park ranger, forest service LE, fish and game, BLM cops, homeland security trucks and even an ICE unit with no plates. So many of these agencies simply duplicate what they are responsible for.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:59 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
It's remarkable how many Americans are deluded into thinking that their day to day life of nothing much happening is because the government keeps them safe from all possible danger. It's like every day that an asteroid doesn't hit the planet, it's because the Federal Bureau of Watching Out For Asteroids is on the job!

The FBI's main mission for the last 3 years has been to assist in a coup d'etat of Donald Trump. Really...we need to pay to have an entire federal agency be devoted to undermining every principle of democracy? Th IRS is exactly as you say - the fed.gov goon squad who go around the neighborhood and remind everyone the owe Paulie his tribute. Taxes aren't even needed to fund the activities of a currency sovereign, and the IRS is second only to the military in how many weapons and how much ammunition they possess.

Every agency under DHS is a joke. Un-monitored non-Americans flow in and out of this country 24/7/365. They say their mission is to keep an eye on all that, and they fail spectacularly according to their own mission statement. TSA has a 95% failure rate when surprise spot testing is performed by DHS. Border and customs is a complete joke, and is even opposed by half of the ruling oligarchy to begin with.

The whole slew of alphabet agencies are welfare programs with more law enforcement powers. Nothing more. Scrap it all and 99 of 100 people wouldn't even know they were gone.

The shear ignorance of the average American who approves of these agencies, yet has no idea how each and every one of them works against our best interests by limiting our LIBERTY.

To Du Ma, the CPB agent on here, your services are needed from the border to 5 miles from that border. IF you can't find and apprehend illegal aliens in that amount of land, you've failed at doing your job. I don't need some border patrol checkpoint 10-100 miles from the border, on I-10 or anywhere else to ask me if I am an American, a question I have no obligation in law to answer. If I say yes, and you suspect I'm not, you'll still detain me. If I refuse to answer, which is my lawful right as I need not answer any questions of any law enforcement official EXCEPT that IF they have reasonable articulable suspicion that I had committed, am committing or am about to commit a CRIME, I MIGHT have to identify myself via name, DOB and maybe an address, depending upon the State I'm in. Some States like Texas, I don't even have to do that unless I've been arrested based upon probable cause of having committed a CRIME. However, to stop my locomotion absent probable cause of a CRIME, I am NOT obligated under ANY law to even identify myself.

Additionally, CPB unconstitutionally seizes phones, computers and other electronics from people who refuse to let them search through these devices. https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/24/iphone-seized-cbp/

The CBP also seizes used and repaired items which come from foreign countries in an attempt to enforce Apple's crazy war on their customers or third party vendors who are attempting to repair their own purchase Apple product, but cannot buy parts from Apple unless they are a designated Apple repair center. How does that work towards American's best interests? Right to Repair Advocate Has iPhone Screens Seized by Border Patrol - Tech Snaq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVL65qwBGnw

How are these things protecting Americans? How about instead of doing crap like this, you prevent illegals from entering this country in the first 5 miles of the border? IF you folks were doing your job of stopping illegals from entering, rather than being on a constant war against Americans, attempting to search and seize them in your attempt find drugs or money on them so you can place them in a cage and/or steal their money, THEN you might have an argument. As it is, your services are NOT wanted NOR are they needed.

Get rid of most of the unconstitutional alphabet soup agencies and make those which may be necessary work toward their goal, like the CBP's goal of stopping illegals and potential terrorists from entering this country.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies