Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 11:33 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

I proved my point, here is yet another narcissist grandstanding about a school dress code policy ("look at me!").

She can wear her darned MAGA shirts all she wants, the hat is against policy.

I wish kids across America were more concerned about things like grades, respect for rules, a safe and friendly environment for all, than challenging dress codes.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teen...015831730.html

Quote:
A teen whose high school outlawed her “Make America Great Again” hat, won’t allow her conservative politics to be muted.

Maddie Mueller, 18, a senior at Clovis North High School in Fresno, Calif., admires President Trump. “He puts pride back in America — when I first heard him say ‘Make America Great Again,’ it touched me because I had never thought about patriotism before,” the teen tells Yahoo Lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Other than adhering to dress codes, if a school allows for liberal viewpoints, of which can be racist at times, then they should allow for conservative viewpoints.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:20 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Other than adhering to dress codes, if a school allows for liberal viewpoints, of which can be racist at times, then they should allow for conservative viewpoints.
They shouldn't allow either. Schools are for education. Save the MAGA hats, or ACLU shirts, or whatever, for political rallies off campus.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:05 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Another whining, entitled conservative snowflake throwing a "me-me-me-me!!!!" tantrum. No hats means no hats.

"But I'm being persecuted for my patriotism!"

Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,369,290 times
"Since when is patriotism inappropriate?".....it's not patriotism. She is making a statement some find offensive. It has become offensive due to the association with an offensive individual....blame him.

It is no different than someone wearing an "I Eat Meat" t-shirt to a meeting of PITA members, it is done solely to get a reaction.....

Both are wrong.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lead View Post
Another person commenting without knowing what's going on

There is NOT a "no hat" policy at the school
From the linked article...

Quote:
“The issue raised here is specific to a hat,” says Avants. “Both the district’s dress code policy and the school’s handbook lays out allowable headgear to be hats or caps with the school logo and or in solid school colors. There has never been a subjective evaluation of what language or logo is or is not on a hat, because the policy is straightforward in allowing only school hats or hats in solid school colors.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
I'm actually a bit surprised. Clovis isn't Santa Monica or Berkeley. It's more on the other side of the spectrum.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Would you be okay with kids wearing sheets and hoods to school?

Old 02-22-2019, 03:06 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Would you be okay with kids wearing sheets and hoods to school?
Hope everyone READS the article before posting something obtuse.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
They do. Apparently kids can wear just about any type of T-shirt that floats their boat; the school just has a really restrictive hat policy for some reason. Seems kind of odd to me, but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies