Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2019, 02:26 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The Martina Navratilova recent experience suggest differently. The T will be considered a woman in every aspect, including federal law, but especially for the beer companies underwriting the sport.

Any push back against the T in the LGBQT will be squashed as effectively as political tweets and YouTube videos on the other side are
Is that gay group that kicked her out also in charge of the Olympics and the NCAA?

If not, that's a giant leap you're making that some minor action by a tiny fringe group will translate to other areas....because they won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 02:26 PM

384 posts, read 434,834 times
those trans athletes display zero sense of sportmanship. They may as well run against elementary aged kids.
Total and utter bologna.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:30 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'd quit competing in track if I was competing now and required to run against biological males.

Feminists supporting biological male athletes pushing women athletes out of female sports competitions is beyond my comprehension. allowing biological men to take over women's sports is the ultimate betrayal of title 9's intent.
Yep. It's not going anywhere. You me and the wall all know how packed full certain college sports teams are with lesbians. If this threatened to impact them, cut scholarships etc. they're going to put a hard stop to that stuff.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:55 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Now you can argue that the entire society has gone crazy, but who gets awarded as the sports champion is about the least important factor of the crazed society to worry about.
When I was a little girl I was an overweight, shy, unathletic, studious bookworm. I was a completely dedicated athlete from the time I was 12 (in both judo and karate). By the time I was 18 I had a brown belt in judo and was a state champion and state high school champion. I had a black belt in karate, was a state champion and was ranked fourth in the nation. Working out was a way of life.

My success in martial arts (and interest in health, fitness and recreation) translated into my choice of college majors and my choice of professions. I had lived in police athletic clubs and weight rooms for years as a kid. Total gym rat. After college I spent my 20s, 30s, 40s until my early 50s in YMCAs and city government Parks and Rec Departments.

My love of judo and karate transitioned into a love of distance running, and I ran half marathons, marathons and 50Ks. I was never a great runner but I LOVED running. My love of running translated into an interest in adventure racing. When I was in my late-40s I made the nationals. Over the previous 7 years I had raced all over the eastern side of the US. I had learned to rappel and ascend, to kayak, to navigate, to mountain bike. I had learned to overcome obstacles "out in the field" that I never imaged I could overcome.

Also while training for adventure racing I had learned how to swim. Right..........I had been a gym rat all my formative years and had never learned how to swim, but if I wanted to do AR I had to know how. It turns out I was a natural. A year after teaching myself to swim (in my early 40s) I was an aquatics director for a parks and rec dept.

So............what does all this have to do with anything in this thread? I know the research re: girls, athletics and their self-esteem. I know the research re: sports participation rates and drop out rates for girls in middle school through high school. I know the research re: life long healthy activity habits and the overall health of those who are not active.

I know the impact this move towards transgenders participating against girls will have for girls and women over the long term. Self-esteem impacts. Health impacts. Self-actualization impacts. The impact on high school sports records, college records, national records, international records, Olympic records. How it will impact college scholarships, professional playing contracts, sponsorships, advertising spokesperson gigs.

It's not just about "who gets awarded as a sports champion". It's about girls and young women being fit, healthy, strong, being able to dedicate themselves - to strive, to work, to succeed. It translates into their body image - their image of who and what they are, and who and what they aspire to be.

It has a direct impact on their weight, their blood pressure, their cholesterol level, their cardiovacular efficiency (ie. their ability to limit exposure to strokes and heart disease), and so many other health issues that plague this country, For me, success in martial arts transformed me from an unhappy and self-conscious kid, into a physically and psychologically strong woman. It contributed to my choice of professions. It led to other interests, other skill-learning opportunities, success in the gym and out in the freezing cold mountains in the middle of the night.

I cannot stress in strong enough terms just how important doing everything possible to get (and keep) young girls and young women involved in physical activity is to their physical, mental, emotional and psychological well-being. Trans should compete against trans. End of story. We are doing our girls a grave disservice.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:17 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Funny we don't hear of women becoming men and competing in men's sports.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:49 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I can't believe women are putting up with this crap.
It truly needs to stop. I have no problem with people transitioning in this way. But there comes a point where accommodation just is inherently unfair. This is one such case.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:50 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
It does happen, but they are almost always outmatched in my experience reading about such incidents.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/trans...estern-journal

I understand a transgender's pain and transition. I know two women that are transitioning and becoming men. One of them has even had her mastectomies and is waiting for surgery to create a penis.

I don't understand letting two physically stronger transgender sprinters compete against highschool girls

I also don't like that some random guy can now say that that he identifies as a female and goes in and showers and dresses in a woman's dressing room
The left has “killed” the award shows by their own handling, as well as NFL is no longer what it used to be. Since the left wants to destroy everything to feel good, this is the next way of killing fun for young people and professionals.

Sooner than later the most of us are spending more time with family and friends and save money on tickets to the movies, tickets to sports events and will spend the money on more fun things.

Perhaps there will be another league

Old 02-26-2019, 04:49 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Trannies don’t roll that way...

Old 02-26-2019, 05:08 PM

12,388 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
When I was a little girl I was an overweight, shy, unathletic, studious bookworm. I was a completely dedicated athlete from the time I was 12 (in both judo and karate). By the time I was 18 I had a brown belt in judo and was a state champion and state high school champion. I had a black belt in karate, was a state champion and was ranked fourth in the nation. Working out was a way of life.

My success in martial arts (and interest in health, fitness and recreation) translated into my choice of college majors and my choice of professions. I had lived in police athletic clubs and weight rooms for years as a kid. Total gym rat. After college I spent my 20s, 30s, 40s until my early 50s in YMCAs and city government Parks and Rec Departments.

My love of judo and karate transitioned into a love of distance running, and I ran half marathons, marathons and 50Ks. I was never a great runner but I LOVED running. My love of running translated into an interest in adventure racing. When I was in my late-40s I made the nationals. Over the previous 7 years I had raced all over the eastern side of the US. I had learned to rappel and ascend, to kayak, to navigate, to mountain bike. I had learned to overcome obstacles "out in the field" that I never imaged I could overcome.

Also while training for adventure racing I had learned how to swim. Right..........I had been a gym rat all my formative years and had never learned how to swim, but if I wanted to do AR I had to know how. It turns out I was a natural. A year after teaching myself to swim (in my early 40s) I was an aquatics director for a parks and rec dept.

So............what does all this have to do with anything in this thread? I know the research re: girls, athletics and their self-esteem. I know the research re: sports participation rates and drop out rates for girls in middle school through high school. I know the research re: life long healthy activity habits and the overall health of those who are not active.

I know the impact this move towards transgenders participating against girls will have for girls and women over the long term. Self-esteem impacts. Health impacts. Self-actualization impacts. The impact on high school sports records, college records, national records, international records, Olympic records. How it will impact college scholarships, professional playing contracts, sponsorships, advertising spokesperson gigs.

It's not just about "who gets awarded as a sports champion". It's about girls and young women being fit, healthy, strong, being able to dedicate themselves - to strive, to work, to succeed. It translates into their body image - their image of who and what they are, and who and what they aspire to be.

It has a direct impact on their weight, their blood pressure, their cholesterol level, their cardiovacular efficiency (ie. their ability to limit exposure to strokes and heart disease), and so many other health issues that plague this country, For me, success in martial arts transformed me from an unhappy and self-conscious kid, into a physically and psychologically strong woman. It contributed to my choice of professions. It led to other interests, other skill-learning opportunities, success in the gym and out in the freezing cold mountains in the middle of the night.

I cannot stress in strong enough terms just how important doing everything possible to get (and keep) young girls and young women involved in physical activity is to their physical, mental, emotional and psychological well-being. Trans should compete against trans. End of story. We are doing our girls a grave disservice.
That is a fine, but you missed the point that in today's political climate the trans gender is as much of a woman as you needing everything you posted that a born biological female needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies