Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 06:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I read the article and it actually changed my viewpoints... Yes, they have an advantage but it is not an exclusive advantage in that other competitors may have other advantages as well... Michael Phelps may be built for swimming but we don't exclude him from swimming even though he technically has an unfair advantage against others... Transgender athletes have an advantage but that is not the only advantage that exists in sprints... We shouldn't exclude people because of advantages...

Michael Phelps has natural advantages and is competing against his peers. We do not have women competing against men because they are not their peers where sports are concerned and never will be. It is unlikely a woman will ever step onto a NFL field. They would have to be some incredible athlete to achieve this and if it were possible all the power to them.

Over the past few decades women's sports have been increasing as more programs are made available to them. This is the result of legitimate complaints about males having more opportunities. Allowing biological males into their field of competition is a giant step backwards..... it's craziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 07:25 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,401,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Interesting anecdote.

My college roommate was a tennis player. He was on his HS tennis team. They were a mediocre team and he was a median player on that team.

He was exactly evenly matched with his female friend. She was on a multi year state champ team and personally placed 2nd or 3rd (Forget which but it was not first) state champ one year in HS.
Generally speaking, world champion caliber female athletes are roughly equal to above average high school male athletes. It's simply a genetic issue.

I checked the results for the competition being discussed here. The boy that won the girl's finals wouldn't have even qualified for the finals had he competed as a male. His time would have beaten exactly one competitor on the male side in the qualifiers, and was nearly a half second behind the top runners.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:47 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
I checked the results for the competition being discussed here. The boy that won the girl's finals wouldn't have even qualified for the finals had he competed as a male. His time would have beaten exactly one competitor on the male side in the qualifiers, and was nearly a half second behind the top runners.

The question is if the athletes were competing as males would they be running 1 and 2. If the answer is no then it should be clear they have an advantage.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:57 AM

12,434 posts, read 8,225,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The question is if the athletes were competing as males would they be running 1 and 2. If the answer is no then it should be clear they have an advantage.
At this point it doesn't matter. Those in control of big money sports went politically with the LGBTQ cultural revolution over the born female. So while a born girl might be able to compete at certain level when you get to the one in 4 billion world champion, in the "women's" division she will increasingly be a "T".

Old 02-25-2019, 08:02 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,982,555 times
Is there any way to make it totally fair? Boys tend to be much taller on average...that alone is an unfair advantage. Perhaps trans people should only compete if the hormonal process starts before puberty...but that has ethical considerations.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:26 AM

12,434 posts, read 8,225,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Is there any way to make it totally fair? Boys tend to be much taller on average...that alone is an unfair advantage. Perhaps trans people should only compete if the hormonal process starts before puberty...but that has ethical considerations.
Height and weight divisions there will not longer be gender distinctions. I understand that born females would only be the champion in a few gymnastics exercises, but no longer being named "champ" is just the cost of the cultural support of the "T"

Old 02-25-2019, 08:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,757,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I agree 100% Because of political correctness, no one has the balls to stand up against the inequity that this issue is causing in the Wide World of Sports!

Let's see what happens when they get to the Olympics with their DNA gender tests
“No one?”

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...following.html

Seems to me that Martina has been fully vindicated.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:36 AM

16,730 posts, read 8,722,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/trans...estern-journal

I understand a transgender's pain and transition. I know two women that are transitioning and becoming men. One of them has even had her mastectomies and is waiting for surgery to create a penis.

I don't understand letting two physically stronger transgender sprinters compete against highschool girls

I also don't like that some random guy can now say that that he identifies as a female and goes in and showers and dresses in a woman's dressing room
But wait, aren't woemn totally equal or even superior to men physically? I ask because if you have read the thread about women being portrayed as superior to men, you know how Hollywood and liberals push that and other agendas.

The real kicker on this subject is Martina Navratilova came out against trannys competing against girls/women, and she was attacked by her own LGBTIQCAPGNQGFNBA (yes it is real and what the acronym is up to thus far) people.
Heck she was just removed from some BOD for her honest comments.

Never try to mix logic and facts with hysterical emotional liberalism.

`

Old 02-25-2019, 09:21 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,105,637 times
As I've said in other threads, this is one of the few things where I'm against transgenders being able to cross over to the other sex. Competitive sports.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,682,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wrong, many of them are “lesbians.” Not a joke.
How can a trans guy be a lesbian? If a biological male is attracted to biological female...that is normal hetero attraction at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies