Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The question was why Trump believes his speech was racist. Doesn’t the president have better things to do rather than tweeting on every perceived slight.
It's how he keeps his base engaged.

Black men are to be reviled and diminished at every turn and at all costs, particularly those uppity black men who have the nerve to bring attention to groups like the KKK.

This weekend saw more activity from that particular group than has been seen in a long time.
Of course that's no coincidence.

Trump may not know much, but he knows, or is being told by Stephen Miller, that that's the side that his bread is buttered on.

So, here we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 12:13 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's how he keeps his base engaged.

Black men are to be reviled and diminished at every turn and at all costs, particularly those uppity black men who have the nerve to bring attention to groups like the KKK.

This weekend saw more activity from that particular group than has been seen in a long time.
Of course that's no coincidence.

Trump may not know much, but he knows, or is being told by Stephen Miller, that that's the side that his bread is buttered on.

So, here we are.
I have seen many claims that Spike Lee is a racist, I guess supporting black issues is now considered racist.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:16 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,410,427 times
Trump pulling the race card on another person when he himself has said racist things is rich.
Truth be told, I would imagine that many people on this forum here are guilty of something similar at times (on-line or in-person). I am guilty of this as well.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:19 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Displaying what a 'He can dish it out but can't take it' snowflake he is?

Yep, that is what he does best!

Old 02-25-2019, 12:20 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,614,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
People don't care what Individual 1 has to say on Twitter. If they did they would have stopped calling him out 5 award shows ago.
I don't like Trump, but this comment ^^^^^ doesn't make much sense.

If they didn't care, they would ignore him......which you're admitting that they don't.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:20 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Trump pulling the race card on another person when he himself has said racist things is rich.
Truth be told, I would imagine that many people on this forum here are guilty of something similar at times (on-line or in-person). I am guilty of this as well.
Yes a person that took out a full page add on the Central Park 5 and whose father excluded blacks from housing calling someone racist, that’s another one for the record books.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:22 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,392,899 times
Quote:
The question was why Trump believes his speech was racist. Doesn’t the president have better things to do rather than tweeting on every perceived slight.
A tweet is 20 seconds, so why do you care about 20 seconds?
People spend way more time in the bathroom or eating a snack etc.
In fact Trump may have been in the bathroom when he tweeted.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times
Quote:
Yes a person that took out a full page add on the Central Park 5 and whose father excluded blacks from housing calling someone racist, that’s another one for the record books.
Particularly one, who, when the Central Park 5 were exonerated on the basis of DNA evidence, insisted that they still had to be guilty.
Because black and brown people have to be guilty of something.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
This tweet just proves that all Trump does is watch TV.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:28 PM

13,679 posts, read 20,816,033 times
I cannot be bothered to care.

Donald Trump, Spike Lee? Both are insufferable egomaniacs who feel the need to bombard the rest of us with every inane thought that flows through their heads.

I do like Spike's films though. Most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies