Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 01:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,646,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Harvard tries to represent America the best it can. The U.S. is less than 5% Asian, Harvard is 20% Asian. Harvard is already stretching itself as it is.
no point arguing with roadking, he clearly hates liberals so much that he spends his days looking for news stories he can twist into some half baked bananas attack on liberalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 01:26 PM

16,571 posts, read 10,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It’s easier if they use blacks as a wedge so that Asians (who Conservative whites are weirdly protective of) won’t focus on THEM.
Conservative whites, on the whole, are opposed to Affirmative Action. Liberal whites are in favor of it. I certainly hope that Asians WILL focus on conservative whites, and realize that we are not the ones who are working against their interests.

If that makes me "weirdly protective" of them, then so be it. At least it's better than actively trying to harm them through anti-Asian discriminatory practices.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,393,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And every single one of those Asian kids worked their asses off to get in. Harvard would be more than 20% if they didn't rig the game against them.
But the game is much more deliberately rigged against (non-Jewish) white Americans, who are vastly underrepresented regardless of whether you go by their percentage of the population or their academic qualifications.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:41 PM

14,237 posts, read 4,611,561 times
Quote:
Harvard doesn’t need to be above it. That’s what you refuse to understand. Harvard can easily lose this lawsuit and keep the student body exactly how it is today, and that’s exactly what they’ll do. In fact, they can set it up to cut the Asian population of the student body down to its proportionate size in the population as a whole. There are all kinds of tools in their bag that they can use being a private school.
name some of the "tools" in their tool bag for racial discrimination. Hopefully their "tools" are not in contempt of court

i'd love to hear it from you.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
name some of the "tools" in their tool bag for racial discrimination. Hopefully their "tools" are not in contempt of court

i'd love to hear it from you.
Let’s wait out the lawsuit first. We’ll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Conservative whites, on the whole, are opposed to Affirmative Action. Liberal whites are in favor of it. I certainly hope that Asians WILL focus on conservative whites, and realize that we are not the ones who are working against their interests.

If that makes me "weirdly protective" of them, then so be it. At least it's better than actively trying to harm them through anti-Asian discriminatory practices.
You’re not protective of Asians because you have a problem with discrimination against Asians. That’s a fact Jack.

You’re protective because your ultimate target (as usual) as Conservatives is ALWAYS African Americans. You think that if you can get more Asians into the school, that’ll get the African Americans that you see as less deserving OUT! That’s not gonna happen regardless, but hope springs eternal for conservatives relative to kicking blacks in the ass. Asians in general don’t make you white conservatives feel uncomfortable. All but the most servile and obsequious blacks make you feel extremely uncomfortable. Doesn’t help that you guys are hostile to blacks anyway with or without the Asian equation. Asians just make a convenient wedge.

I already know the deal so don’t bother to protest too much.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:45 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,748,406 times
Quote:
To the extent that Harvard discriminates against Asians, its done so for the benefit of white students, not black students. You’ve got that all wrong. You’re just anti black when there are only a tiny few black students there anyway. If NO BLACKS got into Harvard, they’d still keep the Asian percentage about the same. If more Asians get in, it’ll be at a cost to white students.

The New Yorker pointed this out a while ago.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...se-country/amp

Moreover, there won’t be one less black student at Harvard no matter how the lawsuit shakes out. So don’t get your hopes up. Lol
The overwhelming tendency of people on the Left: When they're losing an argument or they've got no good counterpoints, they immediately jump to ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM

I'm roughly 0.00% Asian. Doesn't matter. Couldn't care less if my opinion fails to unfairly advantage people with similar skin color to me. I've always been of the opinion that MLK was right and we should be striving to achieve the world he dreamed of. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." If Jews and Asians are busting their butts and studying harder, then by measurable quantifiable standards, they have earned the right to go to Harvard. If the enrollment at Harvard went all the way to 20% Ashkenazi Jew and 80% Asian with zero blacks and zero whites, as long as they earned it fair and square, so be it. Black kids wanna get into Harvard? Study and work hard. White kids wanna get into Harvard? Study and work hard. Hispanic kids wanna get into Harvard? Study and work hard. Got a problem with there being too many Jews and Asians getting in? Well then, study and work harder than them.

Harvard wants to stick their thumb on the scale "because reasons." I completely disagree.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,357,150 times
Quote:
Harvard tries to represent America the best it can. The U.S. is less than 5% Asian, Harvard is 20% Asian. Harvard is already stretching itself as it is.
Black men are 6.5% and yet the NBA is more than 90% black. Should the NBA start rejecting black men and play white and Asian dudes?

Quotas are always based on racism.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:13 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,770,934 times
Quote:
You’re not protective of Asians because you have a problem with discrimination against Asians. That’s a fact Jack.

You’re protective because your ultimate target (as usual) as Conservatives is ALWAYS African Americans. You think that if you can get more Asians into the school, that’ll get the African Americans that you see as less deserving OUT!
The (racist) chip on your shoulder has become a very large log.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:44 PM

19,852 posts, read 9,412,312 times
In my opinion, if discrimination exists on the basis of race of skin color, it is going to have a very negative effect for a very long time.

If fewer people of Asian ancestry who have high test scores are admitted, and more blacks are admitted on lower test scores, what I will think is that if an Asian M.D. sees me, is that she or he is a VERY intelligent and hardworking person. OTOH, if a black or Hispanic M.D. sees me, I am going to wonder how intelligent and hardworking she or he truly is. And, no, that is NOT fair, but that is the result of admittance based on anything other than achievement, intelligence and aptitude as determined by objective tests.

If the field was level -- and the sooner there is a truly level field, the happier I would be! -- there would be no wondering or assumptions involved.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
It's about ethnicity and not accomplishment. Understood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies