Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 06:28 PM

37,309 posts, read 60,088,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Biden's thinking here seems to be "never interfere with your enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself".
I think Biden stole that from Napoleon who is quoted as saying “never interrupt your enemy when he is making a false move/mistake”
Sun Tzu said much the same thing—I don’t think Napoleon can have paraphrased Sun Tzu...
And I really don’t see Biden reading “The Art of War”...

Old 04-29-2020, 06:29 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,137,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Our advisor has always thought my husband was way too cautious to keep as much money in cash (CDs) vs in the market—last meeting we had in January when market had such a big year 2019 and was still heading upwards I wanted to take RMD then in Jan or Feb out of profits
The advisors were against it
I know you don’t HAVE to take it now because of change in the spending bill
But it would have been better to take on the upswing than after almost a 6K pt loss...
I've been slowly taking money out of my stocks and stock funds and moving it to fixed income, bonds, munis, etc. Now I'm planning on speeding up the process before the markets tank any more.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I think Biden stole that from Napoleon who is quoted as saying “never interrupt your enemy when he is making a false move/mistake”
Sun Tzu said much the same thing—I don’t think Napoleon can have paraphrased Sun Tzu...
And I really don’t see Biden reading “The Art of War”...
Well, Joe might not have formulated it into words but that seems to be what he's doing, i.e., letting Trump shoot himself in the foot.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,946,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I've been slowly taking money out of my stocks and stock funds and moving it to fixed income, bonds, munis, etc. Now I'm planning on speeding up the process before the markets tank any more.
It may be too late now. I got out with the Dow at 27k. Got 50% back in at 22K. I’m usually not a market timer but this is a once in a century pandemic. At least let’s hope so.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It may be too late now. I got out with the Dow at 27k. Got 50% back in at 22K. I’m usually not a market timer but this is a once in a century pandemic. At least let’s hope so.
Well the Dow ended up today over 24K so I've recovered a good bit of my losses. Might be a good time to decrease equities and increase income. But I'll still have a good portion of my account in equities. Still need some growth and capital appreciation but if the market heads south and stays there at least I won't get killed. I'm not a timer either, just speeding up the normal process of shifting from stocks to income as I age.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,964,988 times
Quote:
Read headline that is why Biden is just letting Trump go—letting him make so many verbal mistakes that can be used against him during campaign...
Trump cannot be on the sidelines so sooner or later he is going to come out and do something stupid again—he can’t help himself—and right now (like always IMO) he is his own worst enemy
So let him punch himself in the face anytime he wants to...
Simply give Trump an extra shovel so he can dig the hole deeper and faster. lol

Old 04-30-2020, 05:52 AM

16,788 posts, read 8,265,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Simply give Trump an extra shovel so he can dig the hole deeper and faster. lol
The more Trump speaks the lower his numbers go.

Trump writing the opposition ads all by himself.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:40 PM

16,788 posts, read 8,265,616 times
Saw a story that Pence is going after a pool reporter. Seems Pence's staff sent out a memo explaining that Masks were required at the Mayo Clinic the day before the trip. Pool Reporter reported on the memo.

So Pence and his wife have lied or their staff did not tell them the policy.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:34 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,408,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The more Trump speaks the lower his numbers go.

Trump writing the opposition ads all by himself.
So true! Now others besides the rallies crowd are seeing what Trump truly is. I think he is evil and very possibly mentally unbalanced.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:53 AM

51,697 posts, read 25,989,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Saw a story that Pence is going after a pool reporter. Seems Pence's staff sent out a memo explaining that Masks were required at the Mayo Clinic the day before the trip. Pool Reporter reported on the memo.

So Pence and his wife have lied or their staff did not tell them the policy.
Pence and Mother are lying.

There is clear evidence that he was informed of the policy.

But even if he bumbled along, clueless and uninformed, all he had to do is to look around. Everyone else was wearing a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies