Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Well at least it's not a majority and trump will be in jail soon enough .
Saying things like that isn’t likely accurate

I think everyone should admit that the Dems will grind away trying to indict Trump on many fronts but if the DOJ holds true to the policy that a sitting president can’t be indicted then nothing will happen to remove him

The Senate is not going to impeach Trump before 2020–as much as I think there is reason to do that and as much as I wish it would happen—
But frankly I think Pence is compromised by his involvement in issues like lying about Flynn to go along with Trump’s coverup and Pence’s agenda supporting evangelicals is not something I would want to see empowered more than it already is from this WH...

There are people in Trump’s cabal who could see charges
Personally I think Kushner has already committed espionage violations and could be charged just like any spy inside the government who sells government secrets to foreign entities
And he and Ivanka and Don Jr have likely committed financial crimes before and after Trump was elected
So they are viable criminal targets
But that likely would be separate from the Russian conspiracy investigation and so far there is not much evidence that NY state is going after them or any DOJ office...

Of course there are government entities like NCIS or Army CID that run sting operations on military personnel involved in dealing information to foreign entities—not just governments but businesses—that could be involved but with Trump’s guy heading the current DOJ as acting head that seems unlikely...

Old 03-07-2019, 09:00 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
This whole thing has been a malicious deception, a hoax.

From the lies told by Russian trolls and amplified by Trump supporters to the lies tumbling down every which way around us.

Manafort lied when he said he was going to stop lying.

Cohen claims he was told to lie, which is why he lied then, but he's not lying now. Well, maybe. Maybe not. Who knows?

How is all of this ever to be untangled?

Old 03-07-2019, 09:32 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

From the lies told by Russian trolls and amplified by Trump supporters to the lies tumbling down every which way around us.

Cohen claims he was told to lie, which is why he lied then, but he's not lying now. Well, maybe. Maybe not. Who knows?

Manafort gets sentenced today. I hope he gets the max. He deserves to die in prison.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:34 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
The Nut doesn't fall far from the tree!

They are sure Donnie Jr Lied to Congress about what or how much he knew about the Russia deal

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/congress-q...opstories.html

and now Ivanka is caught in a lie............

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ivan...164000155.html

First daughter and senior White House advisor Ivanka Trump seems to have lied about the role her father, President Donald Trump, played in granting her security clearance.

CNN reports the president pressured his staff to grant Ivanka a permanent security clearance, against recommendations from his then-chief of staff John Kelly and White House counsel Don McGahn. The news comes just days after the New York Times reported that the president also ordered his staff to grant his son-in-law Jared Kushner top-secret security clearance, despite concerns from the intelligence community and the White House legal team.

Ivanka denied her father's involvement in the couple's obtaining their security clearances as recently as early February. "There were anonymous leaks about there being issues [with our clearance]," she said in an interview with ABC's Abby Huntsman. "But the president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband's clearance, zero."

Huntsman then asked Ivanka whether the couple had received special treatment to get their permanent security clearances one year after joining the administration, to which the first daughter only replied: "No."

Old 03-07-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Emails/texts
Phone transcripts/intercepted phone calls
Witnesses rolling over on others
Foreign intel reports
And lot of other minutia that has been collected by Mueller

There are over 3 MILLION documents that Mueller wants to exclude from providing to the attorneys for the Russian company charged with running a troll farm...3.2 I think
So far the law firm for the Russians have been given or seen 500 and lot of those have wound up on the Internet being used to sabotage Mueller’s investigation...

The data will bring this conspiracy to defraud the American public of a fair election, to protect Trump and his cabal from punishment for crimes past, present, and ongoing and to point to foreign interests that are working in their best interests to undermine American democracy and rule of law down if Mueller is allowed time and support...

Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Lying to a news person is not a crime in America
It is how people become famous and get to be president

Call her before Congress and ask her the same question

Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Manafort gets sentenced today. I hope he gets the max. He deserves to die in prison.
I think this decision by Ellis proved he is too old for the bench
Citing Manafort for a “blameless life” —- what air castle is he living in?
Manafort has been a crook since he left college—
Heck he cheated IN college to try to capture chair of the Young Republicans
Ellis just didn’t think Mueller should have been perusing Manafort—
This is slap at Mueller

I hope Manafort gets the max in DC

Old 03-08-2019, 05:57 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think this decision by Ellis proved he is too old for the bench
Citing Manafort for a “blameless life” —- what air castle is he living in?
Manafort has been a crook since he left college—
Heck he cheated IN college to try to capture chair of the Young Republicans
Ellis just didn’t think Mueller should have been perusing Manafort—
This is slap at Mueller

I hope Manafort gets the max in DC
lmao..47 MONTHS minus 9 months time served!!!! Judge slapped Mueller around

Old 03-08-2019, 06:01 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Lying to a news person is not a crime in America
It is how people become famous and get to be president

Call her before Congress and ask her the same question

Well, known to the last president also....

Old 03-08-2019, 06:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Reagan-appointed, conservative judge hands Manafort a gift, a prison sentence less than a fourth of the guideline recommendations, then states that this lifelong criminal was “otherwise blameless.”

Really?

Manafort has already admitted guilt in the 10 other felonies that the one juror inexplicably held out on, and faces sentencing in another case next week.

So saying he is "otherwise blameless" is an out and out lie.

Depending on what's behind this conservative judge handing down an incredibly light sentence then lying about the defendant, we may well be looking at a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies