Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 09:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,484,407 times

Advertisements

Seriously - did you guys apparently lose any notion of wanting qualified people having these kind of access to confidential data, as opposed to folks whose only qualification is being connected to the Trump family?

Who do you think Kishner's first loyalty goes to - the country or to protecting Trp and their shared business empire? And can anyone tell me what the F that twit Ivanka even does?

I know other Presidents have done this, like JFK with his brother. It's still disappointing. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now regardless of party. I couldn't hire my family member to work for me at my company due to conflict of interest policies; why are the standards so much lower for the top office of the land? Do we actually desire Presidents to intentionally select insiders for their loyalty to family over country?

We are really right down there with third rate banana republics thanks to the new life Donald has given to blatant nepotism.

It's disappointing that we don't have higher standards for our leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 09:49 PM

10,259 posts, read 15,997,069 times
I have no issue with family members being hired. This happens in business all the time, including in the Trump Organization itself which is a very successful business.

Secondly I feel Jared Kushner is VERY qualified and is doing an excellent job, better than of the people Obama had working for him. The problem with the Trump administation is the people who are not loyal to him and who are loyal to the deep state, like the ones who leaked his comments about "s___ countries" which was in an internal meeting and not for public consumption, with nothing to be gained from leaking it to the media.

Liberals and Democrats are perfectly fine with an unqualified person being hired just because they are black or female, or in certain cases CLAIM they are Indian so......

Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 PM

1,439 posts, read 782,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I have no issue with family members being hired. This happens in business all the time, including in the Trump Organization itself which is a very successful business.

Secondly I feel Jared Kushner is VERY qualified and is doing an excellent job, better than of the people Obama had working for him. The problem with the Trump administation is the people who are not loyal to him and who are loyal to the deep state, like the ones who leaked his comments about "s___ countries" which was in an internal meeting and not for public consumption, with nothing to be gained from leaking it to the media.

Liberals and Democrats are perfectly fine with an unqualified person being hired just because they are black or female, or in certain cases CLAIM they are Indian so......
In what way is Kushner qualified to handle foreign affairs? He has no background in foreign affairs and his father was a real estate ****** just like Trump.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:24 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,123,861 times
Quote:

My understanding is that people who are actually experienced and skilled in international affairs and negotiation with foreign countries are skeptical of Kushner. He has had no major successes, and there is concern that he is likely to be manipulated by foreign leaders, due to his family's real estate holdings in their countries, and other conflicts of interest as well. He should not have top secret clearance, let alone being in charge of relations with countries.

I don't think the problem with the Trump administration is that people are not loyal enough. I think the problem is that Trump is erratic and dangerous, and people are afraid of the consequences to the country. If they leak, at least some of that is because they value their country more than him. I think that to many insiders, it is obvious that Trump doesn't know what he is doing. You may remember that there were few leaks during the Obama administration. I don't think that this is because people were extraordinarily loyal; I think it was obvious to all that Obama was competent, transparent, reasonable, and listened to his advisers, so there was no reason to leak out what was going on. I have recently read that those who leaked during his administration, often about field programs, have gone on the be prosecuted. Obama didn't complain about leakers so much; he just quietly prosecuted. Trump likes to complain, to blame his failures on others.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:29 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My understanding is that people who are actually experienced and skilled in international affairs and negotiation with foreign countries are skeptical of Kushner. He has had no major successes, and there is concern that he is likely to be manipulated by foreign leaders, due to his family's real estate holdings in their countries, and other conflicts of interest as well. He should not have top secret clearance, let alone being in charge of relations with countries.

I don't think the problem with the Trump administration is that people are not loyal enough. I think the problem is that Trump is erratic and dangerous, and people are afraid of the consequences to the country. If they leak, at least some of that is because they value their country more than him. I think that to many insiders, it is obvious that Trump doesn't know what he is doing. You may remember that there were few leaks during the Obama administration. I don't think that this is because people were extraordinarily loyal; I think it was obvious to all that Obama was competent, transparent, reasonable, and listened to his advisers, so there was no reason to leak out what was going on. I have recently read that those who leaked during his administration, often about field programs, have gone on the be prosecuted. Obama didn't complain about leakers so much; he just quietly prosecuted. Trump likes to complain, to blame his failures on others.

I also remember hearing Trump would get us into World War 3

Old 03-05-2019, 10:53 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,786,178 times
Quote:

The US government isn’t a business although a lot of Trump appointees have used their positions to line their pockets.

Kaled Kushner has absolutely ZERO qualifications to work in the WH. Neither does Ivanka. The majority of Trump’s appointees are charlatans and frauds. Don’t believe me? Here’s one word for you: OMAROSA.

There is no such thing as a deep state. That’s info wars BS.

Taxpayers need to know what’s really going on not what Faux News tells you.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,566,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Seriously - did you guys apparently lose any notion of wanting qualified people having these kind of access to confidential data, as opposed to folks whose only qualification is being connected to the Trump family?

Who do you think Kishner's first loyalty goes to - the country or to protecting Trp and their shared business empire? And can anyone tell me what the F that twit Ivanka even does?

I know other Presidents have done this, like JFK with his brother. It's still disappointing. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now regardless of party. I couldn't hire my family member to work for me at my company due to conflict of interest policies; why are the standards so much lower for the top office of the land? Do we actually desire Presidents to intentionally select insiders for their loyalty to family over country?

We are really right down there with third rate banana republics thanks to the new life Donald has given to blatant nepotism.

It's disappointing that we don't have higher standards for our leaders.
Trump and his team, including relatives, are doing a fine job, the protestation from the peanut gallery notwithstanding.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,935,078 times
Quote:

Come... On...

Old 03-06-2019, 01:01 AM

Quote:

Explain to me Kushner's qualifications that don't involve being married to a Trump. And then explain Ivanka's qualifications.

What a joke.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Trump and his team, including relatives, are doing a fine job, the protestation from the peanut gallery notwithstanding.
Substantiate your claim that Jared and Ivanka are doing a fine job. List their accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies