Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Let the woman have an abortion and she goes on her way, just like that. You never address the woman after that when she has thoughts of suicide or regrets. She gets on drugs to cope with her feelings. Just fix the problem of unwanted pregnancy with a band aid and it's fixed? geesh.
Maybe you support Oklahoma State Sen. Silk's answer to addressing the situation by allowing for up to life in prison for women convicted of abortion. But his ban on abortion bill was so extreme that it wasn't even allowed a committee hearing at the state capitol.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Most women do not regret having an abortion, study after study has proven that, but don't let the facts get in your way.

Just fix the problem of an unwanted pregnancy with a band aid and it's fixed? YES, for the vast majority of women, IT IS......whether you like it or not.

How do you explain all of the parents who are addicted to drugs or commit suicide? Why aren't they happy and fulfilled by the mere fact that they have reproduced? After all, according to you, having a child is utopia and should give them more than enough reason to do everything in their power to live a healthy long life.

How do you explain all of the parents who neglect, abuse and even kill their children?

Using your logic, no one should have children because some parents might regret it, neglect, abuse or kill their children.
You must be getting confused. Read the last sentence, it answers your first question of having children.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, it's more like let women decide for themselves their own medical decisions. I think that women are perfectly capable of making life decisions for themselves.
If PP takes tax payers money to abort children they should answer to tax payers who don't want to pay for it.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Maybe you support Oklahoma State Sen. Silk's answer to addressing the situation by allowing for up to life in prison for women convicted of abortion. But his ban on abortion bill was so extreme that it wasn't even allowed a committee hearing at the state capitol.
No, I don't.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
https://www.liveaction.org/news/hosp...FBDSp7FdDfyGeo

Twin infants die after hospital refuses to save them despite mother’s pleas.

In a heartbreaking video released by Created Equal, Amanda, the mother of premature twin boys Emery and Elliot, can be heard pleading for her sons’ lives. In June of 2017, Amanda was experiencing bleeding when she went to Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, at 22 weeks and two days gestation. Medical staff informed her that if her babies were born before 22 weeks and five days gestation, they would not resuscitate them. Three days later, at exactly 22 weeks and five days gestation, Amanda gave birth to Emery and Elliot, and though the boys moved, breathed, and even cried, the doctors still refused to help them.
How very heartbreaking for the mother, but at less than 23 weeks gestation, these little ones aren't going to survive.

If they do, they will not become independent adults.

She did what she could to keep them gestating, it's most likely the medical profession also did what they could.

She's blaming doctors for an act of nature.

Not all conceptions of babies result in viable newborns. Sad.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
One factor in whether or not the youngest preemies survived was whether they were treated in the first place. The study revealed that the standard of care varied greatly among hospitals for those babies born before 24 weeks, with only 22 percent of babies born between 22 and 23 weeks being treated. But, nearly a quarter of those treated (23 percent) survived, and 15 percent of them had no lasting serious problems.

https://www.fitpregnancy.com/baby/he...ility-22-weeks

From that link you'll find one to the New England Journal of Medicine article.
So we've got less than 1/4 of babies born under 24 weeks who got medical intervention to survive.

And 15% of THOSE had no lasting, serious problems?

I wonder, if informed correctly, how many parents would sign up for that? If we take heroic efforts, there's a 15% chance your baby will grow up normally, and an 85% chance you will be on the hook to support this child until he dies early or until you die, leaving him vulnerable?

No, thanks.

edited to add: I had two miscarriages. The first one at about 11 weeks, the second one at about 6. My doctor told me - wisely - that they don't make any effort at all to save a pregnancy when the embryo is failing in the first trimester. I get it. This little one isn't meant to survive. I don't want to be saddled, for the rest of my life, taking care of a child that was heroically saved by modern medicine that nature didn't intend to survive. As much as I wanted (and planned) those little ones, nature didn't see it that way, and I don't want a baby that had no chance of thriving.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:18 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Everyone huh? So why do you think abortion is utopia? Let the woman have an abortion and she goes on her way, just like that. You never address the woman after that when she has thoughts of suicide or regrets. She gets on drugs to cope with her feelings. Just fix the problem of unwanted pregnancy with a band aid and it's fixed? geesh.
Their body, their choice, their conscience. Why do you like to control people?

Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
If PP takes tax payers money to abort children they should answer to tax payers who don't want to pay for it.
They don't take money to abort children. That is a lie and has been proven multiple times on many of the redundant threads you have started on here.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Their body, their choice, their conscience. Why do you like to control people?
Why do they want to control my money?

Old 03-20-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
They don't take money to abort children. That is a lie and has been proven multiple times on many of the redundant threads you have started on here.
See the movie, "Unplanned" and find out about the abortion business. You can learn a lot by watching videos on YouTube from those who left the industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies