Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:20 PM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times

Advertisements

Democrat faithful got played.
They were told by their leadership that impeachment was imminent and they believed it. If impeachment was imminent then, what has happened now? How come it is 'off the table' now?
Because it was never imminent, that's why. There never were any crimes, and the impeachment story was just used to further the careers of Democrat politicians who had nothing to offer.
It worked, too. Dems flocked to the polls and elected the biggest group of misfits the US Congress will ever see.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
They were told by their leadership that impeachment was imminent and they believed it. If impeachment was imminent then, what has happened now? How come it is 'off the table' now?
Because it was never imminent, that's why. There never were any crimes, and the impeachment story was just used to further the careers of Democrat politicians who had nothing to offer.
It worked, too. Dems flocked to the polls and elected the biggest group of misfits the US Congress will ever see.
Exactly what I would expect from MS.

Nuances are hard.

If nothing else, we (liberals) are logical. At least some of us are. As you know (if you read) a decent majority of Americans believe Trump committed a crime. It's something like 60%, which is fantastic!

But some of those people do not back immediate impeachment for various reasons...some of which are quite valid.

Believe me, the 2018 landslide was not due to any promises of impeachment.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:30 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,886,067 times
Quote:

Old 03-14-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
There isn't any such crime. Go look at "collusion" in the USC. You'll see none of it applies to something the POTUS could do, or even as a candidate.
Right. It's an action and he and his campaign most definitely did it.

Just as he obstructed justices in many ways - from trying to personally order the Justice Dept. to turn down the AT&T deal (because CNN was involved) to many other such things.

It goes without saying that only a small portion of crimes are ever caught. I'd be surprised if even a fraction of 1% of criminal acts are caught.

But that doesn't mean they didn't happen. Most would like to hold Elected Officials to a slightly higher standard than "you didn't convict me".

Old 03-14-2019, 06:44 PM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Exactly what I would expect from MS............
Indictment by zip code.
Brilliant. Just brilliant. Knowing nothing else about me but my zip code, you declare yourself superior.
Brilliant.

See why Dems lose votes every time they speak?

Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Wait... Is someone who bought the line about a wall on the border, paid for by Mexico, in any position to point out anyone else getting played by their politician. I don't think so.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,238,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So, then do you know how it was done? If not, then perhaps you don't know that it didn't happen.

I don't have full knowledge of a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

No, but the burden of proof is on the one claiming that something was done.

Slap your head a few more times and you might comprehend that I didn't say that nothing was done, I asked for evidence that something was done. We (hopefully) don't convict someone based on something they *might* have done.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Slap your head a few more times and you might comprehend that I didn't say that nothing was done, I asked for evidence that something was done. We (hopefully) don't convict someone based on something they *might* have done.
Well, sure we do!

100's of thousands have been legally convicted on circumstantial evidence - often MUCH less than what surround The Don.

"Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact"

We can certainly infer that is 40 people are standing in a pile of dung that there are none of them with clean feet.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times
Quote:

Russians
His own potential crimes in the cover-ups
Secret meetings while POTUS with Putin, etc.
Loving Kim and murderous Dictators...
etc.

I mean, this guy could end up being an "all of the above" to crimes and ethical violations which are numerous.

Do you get tired of posting silly comments?

If you know about his meetings with Putin while being POTUS then is not a secret and it doesn't matter, that is not a crime. POTUS can meet and talk with world leaders in private. Nowhere in the Constitution says that the conversations the POTUS has with world leaders have to be made public.

FDR got along with Stalin and Nixon got along with Mao. 2 of the biggest murderers of the 20th century. Did both violated the law? LOL

Old 03-14-2019, 07:55 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,238,304 times
Quote:
Well, sure we do!

100's of thousands have been legally convicted on circumstantial evidence - often MUCH less than what surround The Don.

"Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact"

We can certainly infer that is 40 people are standing in a pile of dung that there are none of them with clean feet.

But you don't even have circumstantial evidence on what specifically Trump has done.

You can't conclude that someone has crappy feet because he knows some of the people in that 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies