Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If there are indictments on Trump and/or maybe other members of the Trump clan and/or his associates, then Barr's career would have been toast because, had he put those in his summary, he would have been the bearer of bad news to the entire conservative community (to which he belongs). It could simply be he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, and decided to let all the bad news come out when the report goes to congress.

If there are indeed indictments in Mueller's report, no matter what he (Barr) did, was a no-win situation. If that's the case, as I said maybe he just didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. And maybe he also isn't really concerned about his career. A guy like him could probably retire by now if he wanted to.

What does "no more indictments" mean to you? That they are hidden in the report that only mueller can see and not barr?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:52 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What does "no more indictments" mean to you? That they are hidden in the report that only mueller can see and not barr?

pretty much.....Barr and Rosenstein can't read or worse yet, they are agents of the Kremlin and destroyed that part of the report, you know like Hillary destroyed 33,000 emails under subpoena and Mueller is going along with it because he was turned by the Russians.

These people don't know when to quit and step back. They keep doubling down.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:52 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Never underestimate the ability of lawyers to write things that don't really mean what they sound like they mean.

I've got a whole bunch of links of people pointing out exactly that, but I doubt you'll click on them:
The Bonddad Blog: No, the Meuller report ***DID NOT*** “find no collusion!”
https://patribotics.blog/2019/03/25/...derful-letter/
https://patribotics.blog/2019/03/26/...ellers-method/
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/03/2...es-complicity/

Old 04-04-2019, 02:57 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
There’s no “might”. There are no more indictments. Period. You are an idiot if you think there were indictments in the report and they are now so easily being covered up by Barr and Rosenstein without any sort of leakS.
Barr would be the leaker and he s instead a FIXER so no I would nt expect anything based in reality from him.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:06 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
But you are ignoring the elephant in the room. Mueller closed his investigation with NO more indictments not even 1 person in the Trump camp was charged with Collusion and NO impeachment recommendation.....that wasn't Barr that was Mueller. Mueller has the power to indict and recommend impeachment but he didn't. He closed his investigation with NO more indictments and no impeachment recommendation.....so how do you get around that? by quoting anonymous sources that give no details and no evidence? LOL. OK.

Now you are betting the house (again) and going by anonymous sources that Barr got it wrong and he is obstructing justice with Rosenstein since he signed off on Barr? LOL
Yes Mueller indicated no more indictments, does he have the power to indict a president, maybe, maybe not but certainly not according to Barr. He could recommend impeachment but I would expect him to leave he that up to congress.

People are way getting ahead of themselves with these predictions since we have not even had congress review the entire report. There is considerably more information than a mere 4 page summary, there were meetings at Trump tower, the firing of Comey and many other connections to the Trump campaign. I would like to know how those issues were resolved.

I saw no reason for Barr's preliminary summary, what did that accomplish. Sure seems to be politically motivated.

The grand jury hasn't been disbanded yet and there is still another investigation into a foreign company, so I'm not sure why Mueller indicated no more indictments

Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Never underestimate the ability of lawyers to write things that don't really mean what they sound like they mean.

I've got a whole bunch of links of people pointing out exactly that, but I doubt you'll click on them:
The Bonddad Blog: No, the Meuller report ***DID NOT*** “find no collusion!”
https://patribotics.blog/2019/03/25/...derful-letter/
https://patribotics.blog/2019/03/26/...ellers-method/
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/03/2...es-complicity/

You understand the left praised mueller and continued to say, he's going to jail...right?

From the 4th link:

How does this person know stone is even in the mueller report?

Now, for the rest, BLOGS? Why the hell would I even attempt to believe someones opinion? Hell, if I believed blogs, that means I would believe everyone here on CD....

But since you think I would not click on them....

3rd link....truman beat dewey....

2nd link...

Quote:
  1. “During the course of his investigation, the Special Counsel also referred several matters to other offices for further action.”
That line confirms our report of yesterday – Mueller handed off prosecutions to main Justice divisions as he went along.

WOW amazing, you mean comey/mueller found other things that were not within his scope and passed them off to be taken care of, legally.......you are an amazing person that finds things....lol....

1st link: Sorry, the first sentence is not really understandable....yes, I understand that malfeasance means wrong doing and the other means they are mad....

But here is the deal, they are BLOGS in case you missed that...blogs......that means their own opinion....

Old 04-04-2019, 03:09 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Senate Republicans block resolution to release Mueller report for 5th time

What are they so afraid of?

Old 04-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Barr would be the leaker and he s instead a FIXER so no I would nt expect anything based in reality from him.

He is a FIXERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Good lord the left has got to stop the "same word" thought out the media, here on CD, and everything else....

Old 04-04-2019, 03:11 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Those blogs are by people who are actually lawyers (the first link) and/or people who understand legalese. If it's over some people's heads that's not my fault.

Trump fans post info from blogs here all the time, I might add.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Breaking the law? Nothing more nothing less....

Why do you want the AG to break the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies