Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Ok. Ban the AR-15. Then we will come out with the AR-16. You lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
.22 rimfire can kill all day long. You know that right? It's what we shoot our cattle with before slaughter. Dead right there. The first coyote I shot and killed was with a .22 rimfire.

Here's a little secret too. There are rimfire cartridges still being produced up to .50 caliber.

A background check is the biggest joke on the planet. Any smart felon won't even attempt to buy if they need to do one. You can order all the parts and have it sent to your door. If you have a drill you will have a complete working "assault weapon" in one hour with no serial number.

As in, any Country and planet they deliver to. This feel good crap being passed at first was hilarious, now it's just annoying because it won't stop the next maniac. SMH.
Yep, I think many people would be totally shocked at the types of guns they can buy (like the manner you described, by part and having it shipped).

Plus, many drug dealers can also obtain these guns too.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:11 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I think all the hollering about the AR-15 being so deadly is pathetic and funny at the same time, all by people who have no idea what they are talking about. We have one and it is a safe queen because we don't like to use it as much as others. My Mini-14 and hubby's Mini-30 are regularly at the range. I did paint my stock bright metallic blue so it isn't nearly as scary as when it was black. BTW both of those rifles were legal as is during the AWB and just as deadly as an AR-15.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
you start outlawing guns, you make a huge profitable business for the underground...start educating people and you'll be doing something.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I need to go back and read about the details of 'operation fast and furious' a few years back...Im wondering if our govt provided those 'evil AR15s' to the Mexican drug cartels, or if they gave them REAL assault rifles instead?!!

Old 03-21-2019, 12:18 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here is a list of the mass murders in the US since 2012.... notice a trend?

Aurora: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Texas Church: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
Santa Fe High School: AR-15

Owning an AR15 is a mental issue.
So you've found 9... and what about the 20+ million AR-15s in private hands that haven't hurt anyone? Statistically, that means exactly 0.00000045% of AR-15s go to crazy-town... not exactly an worrisome stat.

Last edited by Chango; 03-21-2019 at 12:30 PM..

Old 03-21-2019, 12:30 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
So you've found 9... and what about the 20+ million AR-15s in private hands that haven't hurt anyone? Statistically, that means exactly 0.00000045?% of AR-15s go to crazy-town... not exactly an worrisome stat.

Don't confuse them with facts....

It messes with their emotions....and God knows those are bad enough already.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's actually very rarely a mental issue. Most folks with mental illness, like myself, never turn violent in anyway. We're actually more likely to be a victim rather than a culprit of crime. It troubles me when so many people just want to throw a blanket of blame over this and point the finger at us.

Most perpetrators of gun violence are very angry and do not know how to control it. That is not mental illness. It's just bad people being bad.
If you're beset by violent tendencies that you can't control you're mentally ill. If your anger issues are so severe that they make you lash out at people and harm them you're mentally ill. That's reality.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:14 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, I think many people would be totally shocked at the types of guns they can buy (like the manner you described, by part and having it shipped).

Plus, many drug dealers can also obtain these guns too.

Totally false. The most critical part, the lower receiver, requires a BC. Even stripped it is considered by law to be a firearm. Without it a working firearm cannot be assembled. Sales of the lower can only be done through a licensed dealer. And it also takes quite a bit more than a drill to convert a semi only receiver to full auto. A fully auto sear is also a restricted item and can only be purchased legally with a title 3 license.

Seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff? You prove the thread title in no uncertain terms. "Lies. Damn lies and statistics." Seriously again, take the time to educate yourselves before posting these lies as fact. You're really embarrassing yourselves.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:12 PM

50,292 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Totally false. The most critical part, the lower receiver, requires a BC. Even stripped it is considered by law to be a firearm. Without it a working firearm cannot be assembled. Sales of the lower can only be done through a licensed dealer. And it also takes quite a bit more than a drill to convert a semi only receiver to full auto. A fully auto sear is also a restricted item and can only be purchased legally with a title 3 license.

Seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff? You prove the thread title in no uncertain terms. "Lies. Damn lies and statistics." Seriously again, take the time to educate yourselves before posting these lies as fact. You're really embarrassing yourselves.
I was talking about 80%ers not sure where it got derailed.

I can buy all the 80%s I want online. Any complete lower, even stripped is considered a firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies