Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:58 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

The Gun Control Campaign Against The AR-15 Is Full Of Lies

This should answer many questions previously asked on CD by gun-control nuts

Quote:
Gun restrictionists focus on the AR-15 because it looks like a military weapon. Once stripped of emotion, however, the argument against ARs, which feature the same mechanics as many others firearms, is that they work better. There will always be a gun that works better than other guns. The focus on the AR is merely part of an incremental push towards broader prohibitions. After all, many gun controllers openly argue that we should roll back technology to musket—also a weapon of war—because the founders never imagined firearms would become more powerful. This is historically inaccurate, as well. But when politicians go back to writing pamphlets rather than making their cases on TV and the internet, we can start to have that conversation.
I agree with this article 100%.

It's not the gun (or rock, or knife, or hammer,etc. )that's evil. It's the person holding it that is evil.

Until we address mental health issues, gun control is a hoax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 09:09 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
It's actually very rarely a mental issue. Most folks with mental illness, like myself, never turn violent in anyway. We're actually more likely to be a victim rather than a culprit of crime. It troubles me when so many people just want to throw a blanket of blame over this and point the finger at us.

Most perpetrators of gun violence are very angry and do not know how to control it. That is not mental illness. It's just bad people being bad.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:39 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
It IS often a mental health issue.

Plus many of the guns deaths are actually suicides, which is sure as hell a mental health issue.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:40 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
The way I look at it, if they want to look foolish and focus on the AR15, and call that an 'assault rifle...FINE by me, because then they cannot put an AK47 (or other real assault rifles), in the same class!

Old 03-20-2019, 09:47 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
The Gun Control Campaign Against The AR-15 Is Full Of Lies

This should answer many questions previously asked on CD by gun-control nuts

I agree with this article 100%.

It's not the gun (or rock, or knife, or hammer,etc. )that's evil. It's the person holding it that is evil.

Until we address mental health issues, gun control is a hoax
Here is a list of the mass murders in the US since 2012.... notice a trend?

Aurora: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Texas Church: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
Santa Fe High School: AR-15

Owning an AR15 is a mental issue.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:10 PM

477 posts, read 276,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Ooooooh, you can rattle off some sensationalistic shootings.

In 2017, according to the FBI, there were 7,105 Americans murdered using handguns and 374 using rifles (only a fraction of which were AR-15s.) There were 1,604 knife homicides during that same span. There were 656 people killed by fists and kicking.

Who benefits from mass shootings? The answer is the people who want to ban guns. The people who own AR-15s, whom you derisively deride as having a "mental issue," don't benefit from mass shootings.

I'm sure you own a car. How would you like it if those who don't own a car threatened to take away your car because some individuals deliberately killed some pedestrians with their cars?

Old 03-21-2019, 04:24 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Bless your heart! It must be frustrating to have a view that's vehemently opposed by everyone else.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
I don't believe you need to rattle off any shootings to understand, that AR-15's are in fact very dangerous.
Well, the gun itself isn't dangerous, it's the mentally ill who pick them up and use them to take out numerous people at one time, to claim world-wide fame for whatever political theme they are married to, at the time.

I've hunted, shot clays, target shot, competed and also went to shoots....so I'm a gun advocate...however, today's world is unfortunately full of people who do not know how to problem solve, so they utilize quick fixes...in other words, when something like this happens, right away they have to do something, so, their non-sensical solution to the problem is, to take away that particular gun....however, the gun isn't the problem, the insane human being that gun is the problem and no one wants to admit we've got a whole lot of mentally ill running around free in this country and others.

Sad to say, but we've become a society who not only is incapable of using common sense, but also, cannot problem solve and they do not want to, too lazy. They want a quick fix and the politicians thrive off of their less then adequate intellects to make sure they are voted in again and again....

Call out the real problem and they don't want to hear it, why, b/c now they've got to figure out, how to fix all the mentally ill running around.

Think about it...we've got people out there running free, who should be locked up....we've got child molesters out there who have molested 20 - 75 children, including priests and yet, no one is demanding they be put away? Why, b/c it cost way to much money....our prisons are overcrowded today so as it is....

So the quick fix is to continue to keep the masses uneducated and pull another one over on them.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
It IS often a mental health issue.

Plus many of the guns deaths are actually suicides, which is sure as hell a mental health issue.
No, you're right about that. I was talking about mass murders with guns and should have made myself clear.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:13 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Anyone, who can pick up a gun and shoot masses of innocent people is bat **** crazy and I'm serious...those people are very very dangerous....very dangerous....they are crazy, and shouldn't be walking around free....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies