Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 07:21 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Bernie never met a TAX, big government program, or restriction and eliminsation of natural rights and freedoms he didn't like. He is a Totalitarian Communist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 07:23 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wrong, I just don't see the appeal in owning an anti-personnel device, which is what a gun really is
So then don't. No one is trying to force you to own a firearm. The difference is that people like you are trying to restrict other's rights to do so.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:31 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Another example of Democrats having absolutely no idea what they're doing.

If you want to meet in the middle and talk about fair, reasonable compromise on gun law/gun control, I am all years. But for Sanders to just come out and say all rifles should be banned like what NZ is doing, any chance you MAY have had of pulling in independents and RINOs who don't like Trump just went out the window.

In a "must-win" election for the dems to save this country from a bumbling idiot, they are going to need all the votes they can muster. And rolling out these extremely liberal ideas like banning rifles and beginning a confiscation process....you're not going to win.

Democrats....THINK.
They're incapable of thinking. Feeling they have down to the letter...

They've yet to prove it.

Notice the focal point is the inanimate object. Not the individual.
Not motive, incentive, intent.

For a bunch that screech "compromise" they don't believe in it.
Proof.

I have proposed volunteering my time to stand at any school to serve as not only a deterrence and line of defense, but as a form of community service as a supplement to law enforcement.
It wouldn't cost tax payers so much as a dime.

Think they'd go for it?

Absolutely not. Emote out. Hyperbole. Buzzwords, buzzphrases, projection, stereotype, false equivalency, conflation, and accusation.

When they propose "universal background checks" I counter with, universal background checks get universal access to arms. No limits.

Think they'd go for it?
Absolutely not. Emote out. Hyperbole. Buzzwords, buzzphrases, projection, stereotype, false equivalency, conflation, and accusation.

They're not interested in compromise in the sense of a mutual benefit.
They're interested in the compromise of subversion. They prove it here, in the media, and other forms of social media daily.

The biggest issue I take with them, is they're too ignorant and arrogant to see that by tripping over themselves to dog pile against a Constitutionally protected civil liberty, they lend credibility to the violent scourge minority within society.
Neocons and rinos are no different.

Just look at GWB implementing TSA for example with the whole, we can't allow terrorists to win.
Congratulations faux Texan. You played yourself by altering everyone's way of life to be subject to groping and lost luggage/items because terrorists. You gave the nihilist jihadis credibility by eliminating liberty for a sense of security, while expanding government bureacracy into private matters such as airport/airline security.

If you want a police state like Orwells 1984... keep right on lending credibility to the so very few who only seek their 15 minutes of media and politician sponsored infamy via whittling away rights in vain of tragedy.

I thought this was America? Land of the Free. Home of the brave.
Why the cowardice capitulation and complacency? Why attack the means of self defense and push the narrative of only the police and military should have, when we're told 5 minutes later the police are trigger happy racists, and there's literally hitler/tyrant in office?
Seems mighty pants on head retarded to seek to give .gov more authority and governing over how we the people may defend our lives, liberties, and pursuits of happiness, when "literally hitler" is in office... you're mighty critical of Trump yourself. Wouldn't you agree it's asinine to forfeit the 2nd?

Why lend credibility to the scourge of society by forfeiting rights wholesale?
I thought most especially those critical of Trump love the CDC and FBI along with statistics?

If so...
And you're all about "responsible gun owners"
Refute this data.
AR15s by popular manufacturer omitting many that also mass produce AR15s.

It's a terrible chart I will give you that, but go ahead and add up all in that graph just for 2014 alone. There's millions of them just in 2014 alone.

If the AR15 is oh so powerful...
Refute the data behind why many states ban them by caliber for hunting anything larger than a feral hog? Why the army is currently funding research to get a superior round to the 5.56 fielded within the near future?

The AR15 being a rifle...

With millions produced and in private hands, just for 2014 alone. Never mind how many were purchased in 2016...

The premise of responsible gun owners

461 deaths related to firearms accidents total. Be it Darwin parenting awards with the hyperbole of the thousands of children who off themselves or siblings or friends with dad's loaded gun left laying about, the thousands of it went off while cleaning it or other acts of negligence...

If every rifle used in connection with a homicide...
For having millions of said rifle in private hands...
For the claims of wanting responsible gun owners...
For the claims of arguing "proven statistics"...
For the premise of "only the government/police/military should have"...

Where exactly is the "common sense" to altering/subverting rights? Via banning what is Constitutionally protected implement.
An inalienable right.
When the "all mighty" USSC has ruled
Warren V D.C. Police do not have a duty to protect (hence Broward coward not facing dereliction of duty)
Ceatano v MA "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding"
The left had their ban under Clinton and it was not reinstated for the fact it did nothing to address, nothing to prevent, nothing to deter, what it was said to have address, prevent, and deter.

Where I ask, is the logic in banning firearms? Because the facts and statistics sure isn't supporting that cause. Particularly when this many NICS checks were performed
(Not including 80% builds, states that have their own background check system independent of the FBI NICS system or no background check at all when a concealed carry permit is used in conjunction for a transfer)

That also doesn't account for how many weapons were transferred at the time of the NICS check either for you can transfer multiple firearms on a 4473...
For that worn out line of there being 300 million firearms in the hands of private individuals...
The realistic number is more like 800 million to 1.2 billion.

By the way, don't confuse me for some fat angry bald middle aged guy.
I'm a millennial who can't be urinated on and told it's raining.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:31 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So then don't. No one is trying to force you to own a firearm. The difference is that people like you are trying to restrict other's rights to do so.
Maybe because we don't feel like getting shot and killed by some psycho, you maybe think that has something to do with it?

Old 03-22-2019, 07:37 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
They're incapable of thinking. Feeling they have down to the letter...

They've yet to prove it.

Notice the focal point is the inanimate object. Not the individual.
Not motive, incentive, intent.

For a bunch that screech "compromise" they don't believe in it.
Proof.

I have proposed volunteering my time to stand at any school to serve as not only a deterrence and line of defense, but as a form of community service as a supplement to law enforcement.
It wouldn't cost tax payers so much as a dime.

Think they'd go for it?

When they propose "universal background checks" I counter with, universal background checks get universal access to arms. No limits.

Think they'd go for it?

They're not interested in compromise in the sense of a mutual benefit.
They're interested in the compromise of subversion. They prove it here, in the media, and other forms of social media daily.

The biggest issue I take with them, is they're too ignorant and arrogant to see that by tripping over themselves to dog pile against a Constitutionally protected civil liberty, they lend credibility to the violent scourge minority within society.
Neocons and rinos are no different.

Just look at GWB implementing TSA for example with the whole, we can't allow terrorists to win.
Congratulations faux Texan. You played yourself by altering everyone's way of life to be subject to groping and lost luggage/items because terrorists. You gave the nihilist jihadis credibility by eliminating liberty for a sense of security, while expanding government bureacracy into private matters such as airport/airline security.

If you want a police state like Orwells 1984... keep right on lending credibility to the so very few who only seek their 15 minutes of media and politician sponsored infamy via whittling away rights in vain of tragedy.

I thought this was America? Land of the Free. Home of the brave.
Why the cowardice capitulation and complacency? Why attack the means of self defense and push the narrative of only the police and military should have, when we're told 5 minutes later the police are trigger happy racists, and there's literally hitler/tyrant in office?
Seems mighty pants on head retarded to seek to give .gov more authority and governing over how we the people may defend our lives, liberties, and pursuits of happiness, when "literally hitler" is in office... you're mighty critical of Trump yourself. Wouldn't you agree it's asinine to forfeit the 2nd?

Why lend credibility to the scourge of society by forfeiting rights wholesale?
I thought most especially those critical of Trump love the CDC and FBI along with statistics?

If so...
And you're all about "responsible gun owners"
Refute this data.
AR15s by popular manufacturer omitting many that also mass produce AR15s.

It's a terrible chart I will give you that, but go ahead and add up all in that graph just for 2014 alone. There's millions of them just in 2014 alone.

If the AR15 is oh so powerful...
Refute the data behind why many states ban them by caliber for hunting anything larger than a feral hog? Why the army is currently funding research to get a superior round to the 5.56 fielded within the near future?

The AR15 being a rifle...

With millions produced and in private hands, just for 2014 alone. Never mind how many were purchased in 2016...

The premise of responsible gun owners

461 deaths related to firearms accidents total. Be it Darwin parenting awards with the hyperbole of the thousands of children who off themselves or siblings or friends with dad's loaded gun left laying about, the thousands of it went off while cleaning it or other acts of negligence...

If every rifle used in connection with a homicide...
For having millions of said rifle in private hands...
For the claims of wanting responsible gun owners...
For the claims of arguing "proven statistics"...
For the premise of "only the government/police/military should have"...

Where exactly is the "common sense" to altering/subverting rights? Via banning what is Constitutionally protected implement.
An inalienable right.
When the "all mighty" USSC has ruled
Warren V D.C. Police do not have a duty to protect (hence Broward coward not facing dereliction of duty)
Ceatano v MA "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding"
The left had their ban under Clinton and it was not reinstated for the fact it did nothing to address, nothing to prevent, nothing to deter, what it was said to have address, prevent, and deter.

Where I ask, is the logic in banning firearms? Because the facts and statistics sure isn't supporting that cause. Particularly when this many NICS checks were performed
(Not including 80% builds, states that have their own background check system independent of the FBI NICS system or no background check at all when a concealed carry permit is used in conjunction for a transfer)

That also doesn't account for how many weapons were transferred at the time of the NICS check either for you can transfer multiple firearms on a 4473...
For that worn out line of there being 300 million firearms in the hands of private individuals...
The realistic number is more like 800 million to 1.2 billion.

By the way, don't confuse me for some fat angry bald middle aged guy.
I'm a millennial who can't be urinated on and told it's raining.
It makes part of me wish I was a power-happy sociopath with no conscience. Sadly, it’s very easy to use emotion to manipulate people into giving you more control and demanding that their own rights be taken away.

“Useful idiots” is fitting, even for a lot of smart people. Intelligent people who don’t know HOW to think are actually the most dangerous ones.

Last edited by T0103E; 03-22-2019 at 07:45 AM..

Old 03-22-2019, 07:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Well, if we did that, then you'd simply call us cowards for running away and not try to change their lands. The very same charge you give against "third world immigrants". If those immigrants (particularly in predominately Islamic countries) should stay instead of moving off to other lands, then why shouldn't the lefties and SJWs of America stay in American and try to change their own country?

So is it sensible to run off to a different country more to your liking so you can get on with your life (generously assuming that simply forgetting your past IS really "just that simple"), thereby depriving your own country of talent? OR is it more noble to stay and fight for change? Hint: the same answer you give about Muslim immigrants also applies to lefties and SJWs...and the other way around too.

Without California (a net tax donor) sending its money to Washington, they can keep more of their own money and simultaneously deprive Kansas and Tennessee of federal revenues they benefit from. California can have its train, funds for urban renewal, green energy investments, etc. while donor states (most of them Rep states) are obliged to tighten their belts even further.
IM an ex-pat. Yeah actually it is pretty easy to just find another place to live. I doubt that the right would be anything but thrilled if all liberals packed up and moved out of the country. Just please don't come to the one I live in. The libs that do immediately start trying to tell the locals the real meaning behind thew nation's traditions. It would be hilarious if they weren't serious.

Why did I leave? I love the USA. I dont love DC or career politicians and no neither made me leave. What did then? Bang for the buck and and truly affordable healthcare made impossible by the Unaffordable care act in the USA. I have been coming to this country on vacation for decades. My wife was originally from here. Nope I can't own a gun here. Over it.
Why am I over it. Because, although I like to shoot it isn't my life. That said I also dont try to restrict anyone else's right to shoot or own firearms. That's the difference between moderates on both sides and hardliners on both sides. Hardliners are totalitarians, both have their pet rights they would abolish if given the chance. The right? Abortion. Gay rights, gay marriage etc. The left? Guns, personal wealth over a certain amount, personal retirement acts. etc.

Is it sensible to leave your own country? Hmmmm that depends upon why you are leaving and if you can afford to do so. What is never right or acceptable is illegal immigration.
The nobility of staying and fighting excuse. LMAO. You mean staying and complaining. Complaining hardly constitutes fighting.
Call me a coward for leaving..Water off a ducks back. I retired at 55. I own 2 houses in the country I live in now and apartments in the states. Sold my house there to my son for a dollar. Yeah I know that really annoys libs. The passing down of wealth to ones children. Does it matter if my son is black? My daughters will wait to inherit the houses here. (already in their names).

NZ has every right to panic and enact laws that will absolutely punish the innocent. It's their country and more power to them if that makes them feel ok at night.

What amazes me is how the left is cheering such behavior but will just as quickly condemn anyone who points out how many violent crimes that are committed by illegals or that maybe we need to rethink allowing refugees from countries that historically hate us. It's the same rational but even worse. A very low percentage do bad things so we better screw everyone over just in case.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:47 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

quote: This is what real action to stop gun violence looks like. We must follow New Zealand's lead, take on the NRA and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States
Yeah let's all follow the freaking idiots on the left over the cliff.........

Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Maybe because we don't feel like getting shot and killed by some psycho, you maybe think that has something to do with it?
But there are so many different angles to that.

Almost certainly, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...beth_Pe%C3%B1a felt no better that their assailants didn't use guns to kill them.

Was death any easier for the victims of Ted Bundy (when he bludgeoned) or the Hillside Strangler (s)?

Now, I am not saying, yet, that a gun would have saved the victims but rather, when someone, say a psycho, is out there to get you and he/she does, DEAD IS DEAD!

Now, say you are 5'4" and he is 6' 2" and he wants to have his way with you and he doesn't want to leave witnesses........how are going to convince him otherwise? How are you going to change the odds if he decides that he gets to pick the playing field, such as putting a nail in your tire before you drive home from a dance convention?

Now, I am saying of having a gun, having a rifle to upset the odds. For a moment, we can throw my USP into the mix for it is a pistol but makes a pretty good secondary to a rifle AND as shown below, it is often in the hands of "security forces"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_USP
which because of that, some people often say it shouldn't be in the hands of the civilians.

If "they" do want to do harm to you, what way do us civilians have to tell them otherwise?

Old 03-22-2019, 08:29 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I know you mean well, but the government doesn't give us rights, God does. The government is bound to enforce those rights, not make them up. People like me see to that with our votes. I'm the NRA.

The government understands what would happen if it overstepped it's bounds. That defines it for legal purposes. Doesn't get any plainer!
Then if your playing the faith card their is no room for an constructive discussion.....

Old 03-22-2019, 08:38 AM

59,079 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

quote: This is what real action to stop gun violence looks like. We must follow New Zealand's lead, take on the NRA and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States
Of COURSE he DOES.
A long time sitting Senator doesn't even KNOW we have 2nd amendment!

Goes to show how much he cares about the oath he took!
Since then, the solemn oath prescribed by law has been: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental ...
U.S. Senate: The Oath We Take

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/.../Feature_Homepage_TheOathWeTake.ht.

2nd Amendment:

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies