Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:14 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
I'd really like to see the reverse!

Would a leader from a Muslim majority country go to a church and read the bible after Christian minorities are attacked? When is the last time Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina turned Christian or Hindu for a day? Oh wait .. that would be blasphemy punishable by death.

I believe the answer to that question is YES, as I am witness to the goodness of Muslims! To the goodness of people of many cultures and colors and faiths!

The posts of some on this thread are ignorant and full of mean assertions that are ugly. What is the purpose of demeaning a prime minister who reveals a character consisting of many virtues. She also is showing herself to be a strong and competent leader, one who knows how to comfort and bring her country and its citizens together following such a horrific event. Rather than encourage whatever some on here are fomenting, she strove to achieve inclusion and not division among those she serves and protects.

Here, in Pittsburgh, the Muslim community reacted and responded immediately when my neighbors were massacred in their synagogue. Not only did I see Muslims donning yarmulkes at numerous prayer services and vigils, the executive director, of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh, told of Muslims near and far contributing more than $70,000 within hours of the terrifying slaughter. The ongoing fundraiser for the Jewish community raised much more throughout the following days and weeks. “We’ll be there for you,” I heard one Muslim religious leader whisper to an elderly woman whose husband had been murdered. He had just concluded a prayer of grief that he offered in a synagogue.

At one point at another service, all persuasions of clergy were participants with the prayer leader and rabbis on the bimah, or stage. Those standing represented Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths and included men and women of different races. The attendees mirrored the clergy in makeup.

I didn't even know we had a Sikh Cultural Society but the entire group came to show solidarity with those of the Jewish faith at another vigil: Muslims, Jews, Sikhs and Christians holding hands ( wearing yarmulkes, hijabs, shawls, collars, vestments and jeans) with lit candles raised to “condemn hatred against any caste or creed, showing solidarity and support and testifying to the benefit of light and love as the response to evil, to darkness, to hatred, to bigotry.

The citizens of New Zealand are justified in their pride of Prime Minister Ardern. I wish I could fathom, why you and other posters spew such untruthful nonsense.

Unfortunately, I remember controversy caused and selfishness exhibited by our president, during those numb unbelieving days; but I choose not to dwell on it. I prefer to recall the scores of multi cultural religious leaders' voices reverberating around the rooms and outdoor pavilions, as they united a variety of flocks with mournful prayers and messages of hope.,

Last edited by corpgypsy; 03-22-2019 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 03:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

I'm not wrong. They are not New Zealanders. New Zealand is a nation created by British people for themselves. They are nothing but interlopers.
Still the fact that murder is wrong, mass murder against Muslim is still wrong, and these people gunned down might have never harmed someone else, just wanting to live their lives.

So yeah besides all the attacks done by Muslims in the last 20 years, besides not agreeing with their religion, besides the fact I agree with Trump that we should be careful who we let in, I feel sympathy for those murdered in NZ and it's a sad blight on humanity that it happens too often.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
And here is a fact for you. It is a country founded by British, white people, for themselves.

Well its apparently the only way....since no other way appears to work.

If you don't like it, then find a different way. Hey, here's a thought...stop forcing mass immigration on people that never asked for it or consented to it. Then you won't have any of these incidents at all.

Its just historical fact, dude. You reject reality but the rest of us don't have to.

I'm not wrong. They are not New Zealanders. New Zealand is a nation created by British people for themselves. They are nothing but interlopers.
Ah, you must be one too then.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:41 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Still the fact that murder is wrong, mass murder against Muslim is still wrong, and these people gunned down might have never harmed someone else, just wanting to live their lives.

So yeah besides all the attacks done by Muslims in the last 20 years, besides not agreeing with their religion, besides the fact I agree with Trump that we should be careful who we let in, I feel sympathy for those murdered in NZ and it's a sad blight on humanity that it happens too often.
Actually it rarely happens. There are very few attacks on mosques. Most that do happen are sectarian in nature and committed by other muslims.

But this rare incident never would have happened, could not have happened at all, had they lived their lives in their own nations instead of infringing on someone else's nation.

Humanity is full of blight. Islam is a blight on humanity. The root cause of terror and mosque attacks is Islam itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ah, you must be one too then.
Be one what? I don't live in NZ. I live in the nation my ancestors created for themselves, which is what everyone should do.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:52 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I don't live in NZ.
Which is probably why no one takes your opinion on who is and who isn't a New Zealander seriously at all.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:54 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Just like the Muslim community, i.e. Osama bin Laden's neighbors did in Abbottabad, Pakistan
Do I need to explain that the Muslim community isn't exactly a bloc that speaks as one?

Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
One can be sympathetic to the families of those that lost loved ones without having done that. To me it is virtue signally to the extreme.
She and her cabinet know the world is watching so they want to prove how wonderful they are, just another political hack move.
I totally agree. I have utmost empathy for those who were killed and injured; however, if I lived there, I would not take up their religion or wear the symbols of their religion.

Honestly, she seems like an Ellen Jamesian.

(A reference to The World According to Garp, where empathizers of a girl who was raped and had her tongue cut out so she couldn't give a good description of her attacker before he could get away, all cut their tongues out and followed her around bemoaning her victimhood. Even Ellen James never understood their motivation.)

Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
That's just disgusting.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:12 PM

900 posts, read 375,577 times
Quote:

Wrong... New Zealand was a land that belonged exclusively to the Maori Indian people, who was invaded, plundered and torn apart by the British white colonizer, changing their language, killing their naive people and imposing the force of British culture, you know what God did with Cuxe and his descendants for having invaded and inhabited lands that were not given to him, cursed even more, killing his leaders and shattering his society, what happens to the whites and the European nations is nothing but the curse of CUXE and being fulfilled due to the gloomy past.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:13 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies