Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 07:39 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How does the felon get past the purchase permit, and or the 4473 form ? And all legal private transfers have to be done thru an FFL, so back to a purchase permit and a 4473.

Any part of a firearm that carries a serial number has to go thru this process.
You answered your own question. 80% lower.

People are buying those like hotcakes right now here in CA with all the stupid pending gun laws. That and reloading equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 07:58 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You answered your own question. 80% lower.

People are buying those like hotcakes right now here in CA with all the stupid pending gun laws. That and reloading equipment.

Okay, that is what I thought. Although, I think your laws are similar to here in Michigan. Handguns have to be registered, failure to do so is a civil infraction but the CPL board is notified. So, if one has a CPL it could be pulled. I just went thru all the laws because of an AR pistol I am building up. Since I plan on utilizing it under my CPL, and carrying it as a "truck" gun I plan on registering it.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:03 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
There are literally hundreds of countries/territories where this have worked and is working. EVERY country that tried it, have it worked for them.

If you want to go with the "this won't work" BS, you have to explain what makes us so different from the 100% of the other countries.

"you have to explain what makes us so different from the 100% of the other countries." REALLY?

The 2nd AMENDMENT!

Also keep in mind MOST inf those countries a search warrants is NOT REQUIRED.

Most other countries are LESS lenient on criminals then we are. Do you want us to adopt ALL there policiea?

Cherry picking is a wast of time and very disingenuous.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-06-2019 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The states (not the communities or cities -- STATES) with the highest rate of gun violence are all states with fairly liberal gun laws.

I don't know why that is -- but it is.

Not advocating anything -- just saying.
Most of those states have one or two large cities that have most of the gun violence. Like here in Missouri. Most of the gun violence is in Kansas City and St. Louis. I live in a rural county where some people open carry, many conceal carry and we have had one gun death in my county in the last 10 years.
Both those cities had a lot of gun homicides before the current constitutional carry was passed.

From 2017 "Police figures show that every six of 10 victims of this year's Kansas City homicides were black males and were ages 17 to 34"

Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Comprehension issue?

Venezuela had an astronomic homicide rate, and extreme gun control.

Or do you think the only means to commit homicide is by gun?
It is not the only means, but I happen to know there are lot of guns in Venezuela, even prisoners carry guns in the prisons.

Laws are meaningless if they are not enforced and in VZ only 2% of crimes are ever prosecuted.

50% of Venezuelans owned guns in 2013, and when they had their voluntary gun surrender program, only 40 guns were turned in.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Most of those states have one or two large cities that have most of the gun violence. Like here in Missouri. Most of the gun violence is in Kansas City and St. Louis. I live in a rural county where some people open carry, many conceal carry and we have had one gun death in my county in the last 10 years.
Both those cities had a lot of gun homicides before the current constitutional carry was passed.

From 2017 "Police figures show that every six of 10 victims of this year's Kansas City homicides were black males and were ages 17 to 34"
Indeed.

If the libs want to ban firearms, let them do so in the democrat controlled urban areas, as that is where most of the crime happens.

They can fight each other with sticks and knives in the street, with the exception of all the criminals, who will be armed. The cops can ignore the areas and it can revert to a "Mad Max" type post-apocalyptic anarchy. It sounds like a liberal dream come true.

How are all those "gun free zones" working currently in large urban areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies