Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:38 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
for the party that despises cops, they sure seem to like federal law enforcement.
False premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 07:44 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
sounds like no matter what, you're in for another two years of misery. the pain will fade though. I barely even remember the name of the brutal mass murderer trump replaced.
No misery here. I waited patiently to get a Dem majority in the House and I'll wait just a little longer to get Trump out. Until then, life goes on. Maybe YOU get stressed out over such things but I don't.

On that note, I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of anger and vitriol displayed by the average Trumpling these days. They're getting angrier by the day it seems. They see the writing on the wall and they're not sure how to deal with it. We had to fire a Trump supporter the other day because he could no longer interact with the rest of the team without some sort of unpleasantness taking place.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
No misery here. I waited patiently to get a Dem majority in the House and I'll wait just a little longer to get Trump out. Until then, life goes on. Maybe YOU get stressed out over such things but I don't.

On that note, I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of anger and vitriol displayed by the average Trumpling these days. They're getting angrier by the day it seems. They see the writing on the wall and they're not sure how to deal with it. We had to fire a Trump supporter the other day because he could no longer interact with the rest of the team without some sort of unpleasantness taking place.
Amazing how they turned infotainment and reality shows into their real lives. Someday, god willing, this will be over and we can do studies on why people behave in such a self-destructive manner. I mean...we know the basics....for ATTENTION. But we like to think other people are capable of keeping their yappers closed. Discretion is the better part of valor and all of that.

I feel bad for our Republic and I feel bad for the uneducated and all those who aren't making it. But there is only so much I can do about it (volunteer, etc.) and after that, it's on the voters.

As the famous quote went:

“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”

Truer words were never spoken! - 100 years ago!

Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:

Trump supporters must be really bummed out huh? Mueller investigation over, Dems running for cover crying and whining, ready to turn on Mueller as predicted, yeah things are tough for Trump supporters these days...lol

Old 03-23-2019, 08:24 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump supporters must be really bummed out huh? Mueller investigation over, Dems running for cover crying and whining, ready to turn on Mueller as predicted, yeah things are tough for Trump supporters these days...lol
No one is running for cover and crying. But I sure hope Trump will stop all his whining about it.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:36 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
She can call the dog Mule/Muel for short. No one will be the wiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one is running for cover and crying. But I sure hope Trump will stop all his whining about it.
Are you kidding? The Dems thought investigation was the stay out of jail ticket for leftist elites. Of course they are running for cover and crying.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:16 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is that Mueller has now become a folk hero to Democrats on the scale to which Trump has become a folk hero to Republicans? Yeah I'll buy that. Some Democrats did look to Mueller to right the wrong that happened in November of 2016 but not the majority of us. We're looking to November 2020 to correct that mistake.
What wrong was this? You mean Trump winning the Presidential election...Fair and square? That wrong?

Old 03-24-2019, 10:18 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is that Mueller has now become a folk hero to Democrats on the scale to which Trump has become a folk hero to Republicans? Yeah I'll buy that. Some Democrats did look to Mueller to right the wrong that happened in November of 2016 but not the majority of us. We're looking to November 2020 to correct that mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Actually, it was the FBI and the CIA who threw themselves under the bus, with their execrable, inexcusable behavior.

These agencies are supposed to be largely apolitical. In contrast, they are overrun with sniveling political hacks, many of whom think it's within their professional purview to determine who the next President should be (the FBI especially.)

When you have some bed-wetting, amoral twerp like former FBI agent Peter Strzok taking it upon himself to either determine or change the outcome of a presidential election, you have either a dweeb who doesn't understand his job function, or else a megalomaniac who should be in prison.

John Brennan (aka "Martin Bormann's Stupider Brother," as he was known at the University of Texas) suffers from the same delusions of grandeur. He apparently never learned that his job to was to carry out orders, not change the executive who issued them. Same thing goes for that perjuring poltroon James Clapper.

Which is not to say that there aren't dedicated, professional agents working at both the FBI and CIA. But the individuals in upper management in both agencies in 2016 apparently took the position that it's their job to determine who the President is going to be, and they acted accordingly.

To be completely clear, nothing in any of their job descriptions either requires, authorizes or even contemplates conspiring to use public resources in an effort to defeat any candidate, which is what all these buffoons have in common.
This.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-24-2019 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-18-2019, 05:52 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Do they still feel
The same?

Old 04-18-2019, 06:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
A folk hero to whom?

I am a democrat, and the purpose of this report seemed to me to be entirely in its writing rather than in any action prompted by what it would reveal.

That is to say, as with many such publications, it was written so that someone could say it had been written.

Trump is also deeply indebted to the Chinese, who own most of his real estate holdings. Yet despite this glaring conflict of interest, no one seems to care. It isn’t useful to any agenda, I suppose, save the absurdity of his Sabre rattling against a nation for PR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies