Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 08:31 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,712,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
As someone on the "left", I fully trust whatever comes out of the Mueller investigation. The man is brutally honest, dedicated, and can not be corrupted. Now, what we Americans are able to hear from that report is another story. How much will Barr say is not for us to know because of "National Security" reasons ?

We also have to understand that the Mueller investigation is only one aspect of what we are learning about the Trump organization and Trump, himself. There are numerous other investigations, and the Mueller investigation did create a whole bunch of arrests and indictments . It was not a nothingburger.

I also trust Mueller to be honest. I also understand that it's possible there were things he found, but knew wouldn't make a strong case in court (this does happen), so therefore, didn't/couldn't act on them.

As for seeing the entire report, I did just read an article (that of course, now I can't find) that was advising not all of it may be available for reasons such as any ongoing investigations by other entities (for example, the SDNY). So I don't have a problem with the Democrats asking for the full report, since I also trust they understand they won't be able to release those parts to the public.

We'll all have to wait and see. At this point, it's highly unlikely anybody on this forum knows what's in the report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Leftists HAVE to believe Trump is bad. Because if that belief is not validated, it means that their judgement is bad. And if their judgement is bad, they have no credibility and even less ability to influence. Leftists NEED your faith in their judgment if they are ever going to be successful in convincing you that their failed policies were always in your best interest.
I really don't need a legal report to know that Trump is bad news. Cheating on all of your wives might not be illegal (depending on where you live), but just because it's not illegal, doesn't mean you're an okay guy for doing it.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I really don't need a legal report to know that Trump is bad news. Cheating on all of your wives might not be illegal (depending on where you live), but just because it's not illegal, doesn't mean you're an okay guy for doing it.
Well, politicians from BOTH parties have mistresses and GFs on the side, that is not exactly shocking news to anyone, heck the secret service even have ways of sneaking them in and out of secure places

Old 03-24-2019, 09:52 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I also trust Mueller to be honest. I also understand that it's possible there were things he found, but knew wouldn't make a strong case in court (this does happen), so therefore, didn't/couldn't act on them.

As for seeing the entire report, I did just read an article (that of course, now I can't find) that was advising not all of it may be available for reasons such as any ongoing investigations by other entities (for example, the SDNY). So I don't have a problem with the Democrats asking for the full report, since I also trust they understand they won't be able to release those parts to the public.

We'll all have to wait and see. At this point, it's highly unlikely anybody on this forum knows what's in the report.

Of course not, but what we do know is that no more indictments, of russian collusion, will be forthcoming....

That is/was the entire reasoning for the investigation....

They can find everything else they want now....throw them in jail.....great, good.....

Old 03-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course not, but what we do know is that no more indictments, of russian collusion, will be forthcoming....

That is/was the entire reasoning for the investigation....

They can find everything else they want now....throw them in jail.....great, good.....
So long as it's understood that Trump's troubles may not be entirely over. He may walk away from Russian collusion (either Mueller couldn't find it, or couldn't make a strong case for it. He's been at putting away bad guys for a long time, so I figure his judgment on that is solid.) In which case, Trump gets the benefit of a doubt. (Legally, anyway. Court of public opinion is a whole 'nother ballgame.)

However, Mueller's uncovered a lot of other shady stuff with Trump's associates, and those cases were farmed out to other entities to pursue. And if there's anything on Trump, he may be safe while in office, but others around him (his kids, for example) do not enjoy that same protection if Mueller found something solid on them that he was able to kick to state level.

Again, we'll all have to wait and see.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:51 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
The left is going to force Americans to wipe them out. That's what they are pushing for. They have rejected the Rule of Law, the Constitution, due process, and the concept of a nation. So now they are our enemies.

Too bad for them.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:57 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Like I've said before, this nonsense will not end not only til Trump is out of office, but until a Democratic is "in" office. So buckle up America, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:47 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The left is going to force Americans to wipe them out. That's what they are pushing for. They have rejected the Rule of Law, the Constitution, due process, and the concept of a nation. So now they are our enemies.

Too bad for them.

How so? I have faith in Mueller. He is a Republican, appointed by a Republican because the Republican's in both the house and Senate were not conducting the proper oversight for the first two years of Trump's presidency. Fact. Are you sure you're not being an emotional thinker when you say that the left is going to wipe them out? Does criminality and respect for the rule of law concern you or does it not apply as long as it's pointed towards Trump?

Look. We the people elected a Democratic congress to investigate some very serious allegations. Being butt hurt because the Repugs majority is gone from the house is not respecting our election process. You demand the same for Trump don't you?

Mueller had a narrow purview. His report will reflect if Trump and or his campaign conspired with a foreign entity or entities to win an election. Criminality and high crimes and misdemeanors are two different animals. High crimes and misdemeanors are impeachable offenses, not indictable until a sitting president is out of office. Hence the counter intelligence investigation that should have been conducted two years ago in the house. Congress will decide if Trump needs to be impeached, not Mueller. We simply don't know what other districts have received criminal case referrals from Mueller. He did not indict outside of his purview, but he may have have pointed to other jurisdictions with something criminal that may have arisen out of his investigation. Other indictments may or may not come. Should be ask the SDNY, Manhattan, State AG's etc how many angry Democrats they have on staff to prosecute more of Trump's inner circle and or Trump? Should we ask the judges that issue the indictments and rule on the previous and future cases if they're Democrats or Republicans? I don't think so.

Like it or not, no one is above the law, not even the president. Lets see what happens and have respect for the rule of law. All of this teeth gnashing is not going to get any different result than what comes out of our courts.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:01 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,254,683 times
Did not find.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:23 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Total Exoneration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies