Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 06:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Get sick and die. Who cares? Certainly not Trump.

Seems to me the people that would suffer most are the poor and uneducated, the very definition of the Trump follower. He is cutting his own throat.
PLease. There are no poor and uneducated who vote Democrat? People on public assistance are much more likely to vote for the D candidate.

For those who keep insisting that the poor and uneducated are Trump followers, drive through NE Washington, the slums of Chicago, or the Bronx and look at all the Trump supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The House? Anything coming out of Dem controlled House will be opposed by GOP, even if it was originally their own idea. Thats my whole point about the lack of political will.
Anything coming out of the Dem controlled House will be some version of transferring more money from the middle class taxpayer to the poor. Free college. Guaranteed income. More ESOL classss for illegal immigrants.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It is beyond "fixing." People who say "well, let's fix it" are well-meaning but naive. Any "fixing" would involve removing the entirely free medical care from low-income, and liberals won't stand for that.

Tow examples:

1) The main reason Obamacare is now too expensive for the middle class is that insurers are required to take anyone, including those with pre-X conditions. Many heathy and young people, knowing they can buy insurance if they need it, go without. Hence, the healthy young people skip insurance, leaving the older and sicker people in the insurance pool. Result? Rates skyrocket.

I have suggested that insurance companies still be required to accept people with pre-X conditions AS LONG AS THEY HAVE BEEN CONTINUOUSLY INSURED. We would open a window for everyone to buy insurance, regardless of pre-X conditions, and then the window shuts. Anyone after that time who attempts to buy insurance will have a 9-month waiting period before insurance has to accept them.

2) The poor in cities who use the ER for ordinary care need to be taught that ER is for emergencies, and their indiscrimate use of these facilities are using the most expensive means of care delivery. Hence, there should be a $50 charge to use the ER for non-emergencies. It could be deducted right from the welfare checks, OR they could go to a regular doctor, or those walk-in clinics, where it is free. Their choice.
Again, who do you want to fix it, since your party declined to even try, and the Dems proposals are opposed across the board?

Quote:
Now....let's head the leftists scream over these suggestions because....shudder.....it puts some responsibility on people.
Your complaint here has been that ACA put too much of the responsibility on your table. Sounds like you got what you asked for, but its not the leftists who scream about it, its you.

The mandate put the responsibility on the people, but it was the Republicans who screamed about it, although (ironically), the idea was their own.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-27-2019 at 06:47 AM..

Old 03-27-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Anything coming out of the Dem controlled House will be some version of transferring more money from the middle class taxpayer to the poor.
Rejected before seeing the proposals. Thank you for proving my point.

Who do you want to fix it given the fact that everything Dems propose will be rejected without consideration, and that GOP refuses to even try?

Is it too hard for you to admit that your party has elected to use issues like healthcare and abortion to push political agenda. Fixing the problem would mean they'd have to own it, and would lose the political weapon. Isn't it obvious?

Old 03-27-2019, 06:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But at the same time he wants to keep pre-existing conditions and/or provide a better health plan. I'm all for it. Let's see it.
“ Better†is a highly subjective term.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, who do you want to fix it, since your party declined to even try, and the Dems proposals are opposed across the board?

I would like the GOP to institute the fixes I just mentioned, but liberals wouldn't stand for it.

Your complaint here has been that ACA put too much of the responsibility on your table.
It is unfair to put DOUBLE the responsibility on the middle class so that the poor has NONE. I never said I wouldn't accept my share of the responsibility, but it can't all be put on the middle class. My health costs are potentially 50% of my net income (in a bad year), even with being "fully insured." And that is because I - and the millions of people in my situation - are covering the costs for those who earn less.

The low-income have to have some small modicum of responsibility too.

P.S. Your shrug-off of the financial burdens placed on the middle class (I.e., "stop complaining"!) by Obamacare is why Trump won. All your empathy goes to the poor, rather than the middle and working class.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:52 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Let Trump abolish the ACA. That would assure his defeat in 2020. Do it Trump, I dare ya!

I dont think he's smart enough to realize that. He'll go after SS next, more lost support. Just keeps winning.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
It is unfair to put DOUBLE the responsibility on the middle class so that the poor has NONE. I never said I wouldn't accept my share of the responsibility, but it can't all be put on the middle class. My health costs are potentially 50% of my net income (in a bad year), even with being "fully insured." And that is because I - and the millions of people in my situation - are covering the costs for those who earn less.

The low-income have to have some small modicum of responsibility too.

P.S. Your shrug-off of the financial burdens placed on the middle class (I.e., "stop complaining"!) by Obamacare is why Trump won. All your empathy goes to the poor, rather than the middle and working class.
I am in the middle class myself, so spare the BS. I carry my own water, and so should you. You try to sound conservative by asking people to take responsibility, and then its given to you, you can't stop complaining about.

I have asked you a simple question three times, and three times you have dodged the question.

You say Trump was elected to fix it, and he has done nothing to fix it, so WHO do you expect to fix it?

All I hear from Trump and his supporters is whining and complaining, but that isn't going to fix anything.

Who do you want to fix it given the fact that everything Dems propose will be rejected without consideration, and that GOP refuses to even try?

Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Let Trump abolish the ACA. That would assure his defeat in 2020. Do it Trump, I dare ya!
His base actually believes tearing it down would somehow give us "best healthcare system ever".

Old 03-27-2019, 07:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Brokaw was diagnosed in 8/13. The cost of his treatment was running as much as $10,000/ day. His cancer has been in remission since 9/14.

So many yuck diagnosis can now be treated and in some cases are now curable, than at any point in history.

The entire world is increasingly challenged to pay for patented treatments. Eliminate the patent and venture capital will seek other opportunities with lower risks/ higher ROI.

Easy enough for some to dismiss those with yuck diagnosises,till it happens to them or someone they care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies