Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:02 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If a portion of America wasn't racist-white politicians would be elected in black districts.
Black officials typically get elected in Black districts because most Black politicians are Democrats. How many Black Republicans are there running for congress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If a portion of America wasn't racist-white politicians would be elected in black districts.
The funny thing is they do get elected in Black districts. As Green Mariner pointed out this is the mayor of Detroit.
Detroit- Michael Duggan (83% Black)
what's crazy I also looked up mayor of mostly black North Charleston at random.

Keith Summey (47% Black, 11% Hispanic)

Allen Owen was mayor of Missouri City, Texas for 24 years, until last year (he was preceded by a black woman). Missouri City is 46% Black and 25% non-Hispanic white.
Savannah mayor (55% Black) Eddie De Loch

Life must be easy when you can just blatantly ignore facts. It took my five minutes to look at this. Five minutes.

A few more
Brockton (43% Black) Bill Carpenter (RIP died a week ago).
Cedar Hill (52% Black ) Stephen Mason
Mobile Alabama (51% Black) Sandy Stimpson
Laurel, Maryland (BTW this is in a 83% Black County) 49% Black 30% White
Bowie, Maryland 49% Black and 6% Hispanic (Same county as Laurel)
Beaumont Texas 47% Black 34% White (Becky Ames, since 2007 that's 14 year in charge of a plurality black city)
New Orleans had a white mayor until last year (2010-2018) 60% black
Saint Louis mayor- 49% Black Has had a white mayor since 2000
I could keep going but their so many it's getting boring at this point.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 07-10-2019 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
I guess this is another one of those threads where we blacks are supposed to show gratitude and thank our lucky stars that a few whites will elect black representatives.

Perish the thought. I’m showing ZERO gratitude. If whites elected blacks, big ass deal. Blacks have elected whites for decades. So what?

There will be no behind kissing. Sorry.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And yet, immigrants from around the world love coming here.
What does immigration have to do with what I stated? Do you agree with what I stated or are you taking what I said personally and attempting to deflect via a toddler-esque tantrum response....

Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I guess this is another one of those threads where we blacks are supposed to show gratitude and thank our lucky stars that a few whites will elect black representatives.

Perish the thought. I’m showing ZERO gratitude. If whites elected blacks, big ass deal. Blacks have elected whites for decades. So what?

There will be no behind kissing. Sorry.
On this, I agree, it is also funny to me that the thread moved to blacks supposedly not voting for whites as if black Americans, since the demographic was able to vote, have overwhelmingly voted for white candidates lol.

Also the idea that a majority black district/city wouldn't vote for a white candidate is pretty funny to me since I used to be (way too) involved in a political sort of job where I had to hob nob with politicians and visit many districts for committee meetings/community forums and a large amount of majority black districts often have a white elected official. FWIW, many black people in those communities, who were unhappy with the white elected official, usually was because they felt that many black voters have an inferiority complex about black people and those voters feel that only white people are "leaders" or capable of providing adequate leadership in government. I can understand their POV as well.

But in general, black voters mostly vote for white candidates. Black voters also are much more involved in campaigns than many of you may be aware of and will stump to death for the party or candidate, no matter the race. I know a lot of people who donated money and even traveled to AL when Jones was running and he won in part, due to the large black voter turnout for him. Black voters are not as race focused as many of you believe.

I don't know as much about white voters but I'll admit that IMO many of them will support a candidate "of color" because they have some sort of white guilt or outright prejudice and feel that voting for a candidate "of color" will be a tool/proof that they aren't suffering from said guilt or racial prejudice because they can throw it up in someone's face. Some white people at the meetings/forums gave me this feeling about them, and they were few, but I do think they are there and are probably more numerous than many of you will give credit to them for. Just like I do feel there is a large amount of black people who won't vote for a black candidate because they don't believe that black people are capable leaders.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:51 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
O many of them will support a candidate "of color" because they have some sort of white guilt or outright prejudice and feel that voting for a candidate "of color" will be a tool/proof that they aren't suffering from said guilt or racial prejudice because they can throw it up in someone's face.
$12K A Day: How White Liberals Profit From Pushing ‘White Privilege’

Old 07-30-2019, 08:50 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The mayor of 80% Black Detroit is a White man, Mike Duggan.
Also, majority black Memphis is represented by a white man, Steve Cohen, in Congress (9th congressional district) since 2007.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:51 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Interesting thing, I went to a dinner this evening that was celebrating the newly elected black leaders of the community, which is what inspired this post. Most of the evening was very nice, but when the newly elected mayor of Palm Beach came on the stage to talk about his plans, he was booed by a large majority of the black patrons at the dinner. They were shouting how he was not welcomed there, he was an uncle tom and coon. I was very confused by the whole ordeal, so I asked the gentleman who brought me as a guest what the deal was, and he says it's because the new mayor supports the police and plans on cracking down on the drugs and gangs in the area, and some black people in the community are being brainwashed to go against the cops and anyone who supports them.
A year later, and this post is pretty accurate concerning the current state of affairs.

And guess what, same mayor allowed businesses to be looted, but made damn sure nobody got on Palm Beach Island. Is he a coon? Or just protecting the people that are probably paying him the most?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies