Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 10:57 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,139,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
They don't have to report to you.

They don't have to report to me.

It is none of our business.
It’s called transparency- we pay their salary. So heck yea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 10:57 PM

20,803 posts, read 8,632,921 times
I wonder if Trump listed his used underpants as a deduction like Bill Clinton did. No joke!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...153-story.html

Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,926,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
They don't have to report to you.

They don't have to report to me.

It is none of our business.
Why not?

Old 04-06-2019, 11:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,860,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why. All fed employees have to report for clearance -
Not all federal employees have a clearance of any kind. For those that have a level of clearance requiring tax returns, guess what, the gov goes straight to the IRS as part of its SSBI.

Quote:
Elected officials do not have to / and if your finance are in question -via credit bureau reports or something else they ask you to sign form 4506-t . Remember some lives are simple - live same place in USA and nothing much to report, In govt, as you well know, there a lot of people in there who have complicated lives so yes - if they want it you must release it
You do not have to release anything, the IRS maintains the tax returns, as part of the SSBI, they query the IRS for the returns, you the person waiting for a clearance, never even knows that it happens (unless something comes up of course).

Quote:
It’s called transparency- we pay their salary. So heck yea
You let your boss/company see your returns? You being a tax payer gives you nor anyone any special rights to see the tax returns of anyone, regardless of their employment status. Maybe next on the list you want to see what toilet paper they use? How they hold their fork? The IRS does their job, if something comes up, they will take action. You Joe Blow Taxpayer sure as hell will not do anything with tax returns other than being nosy.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:19 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,795,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You Joe Blow Taxpayer sure as hell will not do anything with tax returns other than being nosy.
Mere nosiness seems to be at the root of the call for anyone's tax returns by the average person.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,288,116 times
Quote:
Elected officials do not have to / and if your finance are in question -via credit bureau reports or something else they ask you to sign form 4506-t . Remember some lives are simple - live same place in USA and nothing much to report, In govt, as you well know, there a lot of people in there who have complicated lives so yes - if they want it you must release it
A form 4306-T simply allows your lender to verify with the IRS that the forms you supply to prove your income match those in the possession of the IRS. That is mostly used when you apply for a mortgage loan or a business loan. It's only used to verify income.

a Tax Return transcript only show basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return.

I was a federal employee with secret clearance and I never had to show my past federal returns or sign a form 4506-T from the IRS. They will do a backround check.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Not all federal employees have a clearance of any kind. For those that have a level of clearance requiring tax returns, guess what, the gov goes straight to the IRS as part of its SSBI.

You do not have to release anything, the IRS maintains the tax returns, as part of the SSBI, they query the IRS for the returns, you the person waiting for a clearance, never even knows that it happens (unless something comes up of course).

You let your boss/company see your returns? You being a tax payer gives you nor anyone any special rights to see the tax returns of anyone, regardless of their employment status. Maybe next on the list you want to see what toilet paper they use? How they hold their fork? The IRS does their job, if something comes up, they will take action. You Joe Blow Taxpayer sure as hell will not do anything with tax returns other than being nosy.
You did your homework. Sf 86 does encompass all, but sometimes they want you to sign off because there is identity theft etc. And you may not even know anything about it. Also different agencies require slightly different things. Like LEOs have a poly - and the required yearly financial disclosure form. Point being - the govt can see your stuff if you are their employee. I don’t think any one accessible to top secrets information should hide anything.
Personally, however, I do not think employers or insurance companies should pull a credit bureau on you and they do. Has nothing to do with my job performance or knowledge and experience. I don’t care to see his taxes. But I think the congress or the FBI or some ethics board should .

Old 04-06-2019, 11:39 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,294,342 times
Private information.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Private information.
Public officials no longer private

Old 04-07-2019, 12:16 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,288,116 times
Quote:
Public officials no longer private

what's next? medical records? marriage counseling records ? ......just because they are public officials doesn't mean they should have less rights than the average Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies