Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you and Bernie think that an inmate in prison for raping and murdering a teenage girl should be allowed to vote.

I think being a violent felon behind bars is a good reason to deny someone the right to vote.

I would say this even if violent felons behind bars weren't likely to vote Democratic. They have proven that they do not mesh with civil society and therefore have forfeited their right to have say while incarcerated for their violent crimes.

Bernie supports taking away someone's 2nd Amendment rights if they were convicted of a violent felony - even AFTER they have paid their debt to society. Because they can't be trusted he says.

Bernie supports preventing a convicted rapist out of prison from acquiring certain jobs and living in certain locations. Because they can't be trusted.

So how can you trust a violent felon inmate still paying their debt to society with the vote? Oh, he will likely vote Democrat - that is why!
Great post

Many a liberal/leftist is all for prohibiting other rights be restricted even after the criminals debt to society has been paid.
Yet they want their voting rights restored, no matter the crime. We obviously know why, but the hypocrites of the Democratic party will not admit the real reason they want ex-cons to vote.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 09:07 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
[/color]

Well, let's take a look at that statement. First off, I do not support released out of prison felons losing their right to live where they want or hold certain jobs. I know of no law that says they can not live wherever they want, and the only thing keeping them from getting the job they want is the employer. Who would want to hire a bank robber to work in a bank, or with money ?

As for the gun part...….that should be self explanatory. Voting doesn't kill people, a felon with a bad history with guns can, and may.

For starters certain felons are restricted as to where they can live based on their crime. Pedophiles for example cannot live within a certain distance of schools, daycare centers or playgrounds.
In some cases that limits the city they can live in, because there are so many of the aforementioned, there is no place for them to live but under a bridge in a big city.

Others are never going to get certain jobs despite supposedly having paid their debt to society.

Yet I will note you automatically knee jerk when it comes to guns (a constitutional right) and assume all felons used guns in the commission of their crime.
So why should a white collar criminal who embezzled money from his company, have his 2nd amendment rights taken away for life?
Heck in certain places they are expanding the restrictions on guns even if you have only been accused of a misdemeanor, not a felony.
So how do you fit that square peg into a round hole?

`

Old 04-08-2019, 09:09 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
its almost like these people will want illegal immigrants to vote next. how are the Democrats not traitors?

Old 04-08-2019, 09:22 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No, you are only half right on this one.

The distribution Meth or Heroin should be a crime.

And Users resort to other crimes like theft, burglary or assault to support their habits. That's why most get busted for possession.
Nope. The consensual exchange of goods and services is a natural right.

Neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell someone else how they make their income, unless they are violating the natural rights of others.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Is it? Seems to me that there are plenty of victims. Every person who purchased drugs from that unlicensed pharmacist, on good faith, and was sold something poisonous ? Yeah they are a victim.

The really really is that I feel every drug addict deserves their fate. Except for those newborns who had 0 say about what poison their mother forced upon them.

The dealers? I think that it's a win every time one of them is killed by another drug dealer. How many lives have they helped to destroy?

I can't really think of many victimless crimes.

Back on topic.

Bernie like many Dems would love to allow felons to vote. Of course they will vote for the party that is for light sentences and leans towards blaming society because Johnny is a rapist, or an armed robber, or a drug dealer or a gang banger.
That is the topic. The vast majority of people in prison are there for non-violent “offenses” which offend the State.

Equating rape and robbery with entrepreneurship is disingenuous.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And when your poor choices in life impact mine, do I have the right to eliminate you? After all, my pursuit of happiness is being impaired by a dope fiend. Wasting air.
If I am violating your property rights or commit aggression on you absolutely.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
got a source for that? let's see it.
In federal prisons only 7.9% of people are incarcerated for violent crimes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca...nviolent_crime

In state prisons it's much higher. But it's still only 50%.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Great post

Many a liberal/leftist is all for prohibiting other rights be restricted even after the criminals debt to society has been paid.
Yet they want their voting rights restored, no matter the crime. We obviously know why, but the hypocrites of the Democratic party will not admit the real reason they want ex-cons to vote.`
Not this liberal. And for the record, a lot of the Democratic Party DOES NOT agree with Bernie Sanders, the accidental Democrat.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I can't believe you actually said that, so trying to engage you on that subject would obviously be a waste of time.

----

I'd note for others who might not think that radically, but are liberals who want to be able to do drugs, why do the Bloomberg types want to regulate what you eat and drink?
Obviously for the collective good of the healthcare system in their reasoning, yet they think it is okay to poison their bodies with drugs?
Aside from the potential negative effects on society like addiction, crime, inability to work or hold a job, be a good parent, etc., what about the healthcare costs of drug use?
What's the difference between someone getting hooked on street drugs and getting hooked on prescription meds? By your logic pharmacists are drug dealers.

Every person has the right of self-ownership, and no one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot put into their own bodies--regardless of what “society” thinks.

As for Healthcare, it should be 100% privatized, so it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
What's the difference between someone getting hooked on street drugs and getting hooked on prescription meds? By your logic pharmacists are drug dealers.

Every person has the right of self-ownership, and no one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot put into their own bodies--regardless of what “society” thinks.

As for Healthcare, it should be 100% privatized, so it wouldn't be an issue.
The difference is, who is making the money!

its kind of strange, but with the way US laws are currently, they prefer this money going to the criminal organizations (drug cartels), instead of pharma companies. They even created laws targeting the pharma industry... that BENEFIT the drug cartels!!!!

When our Govt aids and abets drug cartels, its time for the people to put a stop to that imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies