Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 10:41 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I can't answer your question. I'm not posting the threads. As far as I'm concerned I don't want politicians to seek "the black vote" or "the gay vote" or "the women's vote." We're all in this together and policies should benefit everyone, not particular demographic subsets. Sick of pandering to any group.
You did not post this thread. However, you said the Black vote was irrelevant. This thread and other threads tell me the opposite. And your disdain regarding Blacks in Baltimore tells me you have an issue with how Blacks vote.

And if we're in this together, there would be no tribalism in this country. There would be far less racial tension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You did not post this thread. However, you said the Black vote was irrelevant. This thread and other threads tell me the opposite. And your disdain regarding Blacks in Baltimore tells me you have an issue with how Blacks vote.

And if we're in this together, there would be no tribalism in this country. There would be far less racial tension.
Yup, I have an issue with how blacks and whites vote in Baltimore. Blacks are the majority and they run everything. People like the mayor and city council members and Marilyn Mosby (there is a special place in hell for her) are elected on racial lines.

So tell me who you think the racists are here in Baltimore city. The black leaders are unquestionably terrible yet they keep winning. Why? Tribalism.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:30 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump’s black support is in the low single digits. Maybe 4-5%...if that.
27% according to the latest poll.
Facts baby.Facts.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The left accuse the right of what they themselves are guilty of.
And right wingers don't do this?

Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Facts baby.Facts.
Well, I would have to disagree with you. Other polls have Blacks approving of Trump at much lower rates.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...-to-44-percent

According to that poll, Blacks DISAPPROVE of Trump at 84%.

According to the Civiqs poll, Blacks only approve of Trump to a tune of 6%. Civiqs poll has a different methodology. Civiqs has a larger (currently over 236,000 respondents) sample of people to choose from. It also uses the internet.

Here is the poll: https://civiqs.com/results/approve_p...rican-American

Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Yup, I have an issue with how blacks and whites vote in Baltimore. Blacks are the majority and they run everything. People like the mayor and city council members and Marilyn Mosby (there is a special place in hell for her) are elected on racial lines.

So tell me who you think the racists are here in Baltimore city. The black leaders are unquestionably terrible yet they keep winning. Why? Tribalism.
Well, people are going to vote for who they want to vote for. You can't do anything about that. And like I said before, if the Black vote was so irrelevant, there wouldn't be such an obsession about it here on city-data. You wouldn't even bring it up yourself. It matters more to you than you claim.

And yes, I would say there is tribalist voting among Black Americans in Baltimore. That's everywhere. Black people vote for whom they believe is in THEIR best interests. And so do alot of White people. I live in Georgia, and politics here is very politically stratified. Most Blacks (to a tune of 95%) vote Democrat. The majority of Whites in Georgia vote Republican. Outside of Atlanta proper (and a few inner ring suburbs), the majority of Whites vote Republican. And the tribalism goes beyond that. When the Confederate flag issue came up, the vast majority of Blacks had no problem taking the Confederate flag emblem out of the state's flag. Alot of Whites protested against taking it out.

Let's face it. America has always been a tribalistic nation. It's been this way from day one. Many people look out for their group first before looking out for the country. Many people look out for their state before looking out for the country. It's all over America. People are going to look out for themselves. People might be friendly towards one another in public. However, when it comes to the polls, they will look out for their own interests first.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Facts baby.Facts.
LMAO...

You seriously think that Trump is gonna see African American support at the ballot box at levels of 27%???

Old 05-15-2019, 09:35 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
I can't answer your question. I'm not posting the threads. As far as I'm concerned I don't want politicians to seek "the black vote" or "the gay vote" or "the women's vote." We're all in this together and policies should benefit everyone, not particular demographic subsets. Sick of pandering to any group.
Your premise is flawed because somehow you think that all of Americans should be united in common purpose but are you a :

black person who has been discriminated against in this country and didn't have equality until half a century ago and still face issues with law enforcement along with discrimination in the work place?

a Gay person who until 4 years ago couldn't marry your loved significant other or legally take care of them if they became sick? never mind Gays can still be fired at will in many states just because of who they love...
or a
woman who aren't paid the same as men and as of late have to struggle with having men restrict their reproductive rights ( abortion, et.al)

It's pretty easy to be dismissive of these issues when they don't affect you ! and that is why we have politicians championing these issues.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:37 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
There is no way I believe a large number of Blacks support, or will vote for Trump.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...

You seriously think that Trump is gonna see African American support at the ballot box at levels of 27%???
This poll, which has a population sample of over 232,000 respondents, shows Black approval of Trump at 6%. 92% of Blacks disapprove of Trump.

https://civiqs.com/results/approve_p...rican-American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies