Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support MGTOW?
Yay 84 58.33%
Nay 60 41.67%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 11:40 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times

Advertisements

Think of who's writing all these articles? Why aren't millennials getting married? Why aren't millennials buying homes? Why doing this means you might have a mental illness. Why not having a sexual partner means you have a mental illness. Why being against immigration means you have a mental illness. The left has successfully infected the social fabric of society with their toxicity.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:47 AM

13,941 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Free speech and association?

Uhm, going to say yea on that every time, whether I personally agree with the speech/association in question or don't.

I love this quote, because I love irony:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
The nerve of those women. How dare they express their opinions!
Funny how you employ this sardonic wit on behalf of women having free speech and association, but not these men having the same rights? Irony, thy name is...

If they wish to go their own way, rebel against the cultural narrative orthodoxy or whatever...it's their speech and their associations, so have at it I say.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Yay.

The further away, the better.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Think of who's writing all these articles? Why aren't millennials getting married? Why aren't millennials buying homes? Why doing this means you might have a mental illness. Why not having a sexual partner means you have a mental illness. Why being against immigration means you have a mental illness. The left has successfully infected the social fabric of society with their toxicity.

You're 100% right! Settling down, buying a house and starting a family are IN NO WAY things conservatives advocate.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:55 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Mostly an older crowd of socially inept men with a history of broken marriages and relationships. Low paying semi skilled jobs. Lots wind up in the Philipppines or Thailand trying to live on a social security check. Thinking they’re going to play the White Knight card on some economically disadvantaged girl in the provinces. Most get conned out of their money and die broke.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:56 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You're 100% right! Settling down, buying a house and starting a family are IN NO WAY things conservatives advocate.

That's historically dependent on family pressures, not society at large outside of their circle of friends or some clickbait leftist media company.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:57 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
I am a gay male.

While there are many good women out there that men are happily with out there.

I think in general women are sort of treated to as above men. It's likely a mix evolutionary behavior and also it's sort of trendy now in much of society to put men down.

When men are sick for instance they are laughed at and told me man up, but women are sick there is a tendency to have much more sympathy.

Men seem to held much more accountable for their decisions than women.

I think in general though with relationships, it's the woman who benefits far more than the guy. Also, men in general have alot more to lose due to the in my opinion feminist bias in the courtroom these days.

In a majority of cases after a woman has a baby, it's the man who increases his hours significantly by any means to support the family and in the majority of cases supposedly the women initiate the divorce.

I am all for child support garnishments (rightfully so) or close to that point and millions of males likely have them. They will have a large percentage of income deducted from their paychecks for decades for something a divorce they might not have initiated.

I am all for men paying every penny of child support owed to a mother of their children and jailing them if they don't but there are far, far more males having child support garnishments then women.

As a gay man, I have never seen the benefit of me if I was straight. I am far happier around men usually to be honest and I have never felt any shame for not wanting to be relationships with women, based on what many of if not a majority men have told me over the years.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Free speech and association?

Uhm, going to say yea on that every time, whether I personally agree with the speech/association in question or don't.

I love this quote, because I love irony:

Funny how you employ this sardonic wit on behalf of women having free speech and association, but not these men having the same rights? Irony, thy name is...

If they wish to go their own way, rebel against the cultural narrative orthodoxy or whatever...it's their speech and their associations, so have at it I say.

Woah, woah. Pump the brakes, there, Vol. The OP said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
This thread is based on a 2-question poll, asking readers if the MGTOW movement is a good thing or bad thing....

Thinking something is good/bad is not at all the same thing as advocating for that thing to be stripped of any rights.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I do well for myself and love my wife... If I should be single again.... Never marrying again... Ever... I can afford not to... The second biggest reason for me to marry are the kids... The first is my wife... Having the first two, don't need anything else....

Old 04-08-2019, 12:01 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
This thread is based on a 2-question poll, asking readers if the MGTOW movement is a good thing or bad thing.

Males, are you glad that you have guys who are against modern feminist ideals and broadcasting their opinions across the Web? Women, are you happy that certain men are subtracting themselves from marriage, so you have less chance of being stuck with an old-fashioned male chauvinist? Or do any of you think this movement is a bunch of tripe sponsored by frustrated men?

Me personally, I like it. I think divorce laws are highly unfair to men, and it's wise of men to not let themselves be caught in a financial trap should their spouse demand an unilateral divorce. Also, I support anything which cuts down on the birthrate - fewer marriages = fewer children being born. Not a bad thing at all, IMO.

What do you folks think? Vote yay or nay in my poll and comment at will.
I don't know much about it but it sounds weird. I've got a friend who told me he's now involved in that. He gave me his points of view about it, and I don't go for it. But then again, I'm basing my opinion of it off of what my friend is telling me. Maybe he's interpreted it differently. I'll have to read about it more to fully understand this "movement".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.