Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 07:35 AM

19,898 posts, read 12,188,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
"It's the economy stupid". That campaign phrase really sums up what everything is really all about. It's competition over the allocation of scarce and or productive resources, money, power, etc, etc.

How are whites loosing? I see whites doing a lot of complaining about how they are now the most discriminated group, how there are all these double standards, how hate crime is now against them....but when I double check who is running the economy, the banks, the politics, the jobs.....its disproportionately whites....STILL!!!

You all are the crybaby-est people. You control every fricking thing and yet you are complaining....over BS like...."why can't we say the N word while blacks can". Is it that you all just want TOTAL and ABSOLUTE control and want to be able to go anywhere and do anything that anyone else can do, regardless of the situation those other people have endured? You want all the money. You want all the land. You want all the resources, etc. To top that all off.....you don't want any criticism of what you do and the impact of what you have done upon others.
Pot - Kettle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 07:49 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,773,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i heard dissenter got banned from the firefox extensions gallery, is that true?
It looks like it. They have a generic "comment aggregator" app but I'm guessing that will have your typical biased moderating. It is still available on both chrome and brave, but if firefox has banned it you can be sure chrome will soon follow suit. I mostly use brave though so I didn't notice the firefox ban until you mentioned it.

Either way it seems to be catching on. I'm seeing comments on more and more articles over time. And very few comments that would be considered out of bounds by reasonable people.

Edit: it can be downloaded manually for firefox here:

https://dissenter.com/download

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 04-11-2019 at 08:02 AM..

Old 04-11-2019, 07:57 AM

78,797 posts, read 60,996,406 times
Let's center this argument in fact shall we?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/...ages/offenders

Quote:
◾50.7 percent were White.
◾21.3 percent were Black or African American.
◾7.5 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
◾19.1 percent were unknown.
(Doesn't add to 100% due to tiny amounts of other races like pacific islanders etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._and_ethnicity
Quote:
White 233,657,078 73.3%
Black or African American 40,241,818 12.6%
Now 11.3% of the "white" is latino so we lower that down to 62%.

So, we have 62% of the population committing 50.7% of the hate crimes.

Any questions?

P.S. Sorry for brutally murdering this thread just now. Apologies all around. lol

Old 04-11-2019, 07:59 AM

2,871 posts, read 2,324,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"tv shows bash whites any chance they get"

Just 1 example.

A few weeks back I was watching one of my favorite TV actions shows and they had a scene where an off duty black cop was stopped by a white cop. The entire scene was to portray the "driving while black", which had absolutely NOTHING to do with the rest of the story.
In fairness, there are lots of groups that get portrayed in unflattering stereotypical terms: black = criminal or ghetto, mexican = drug dealers or illegal immigrants, italian = mafia, asian = socially awkward nerd or convenience store clerk with broken english, muslim = terrorist, etc.

But the defense is always those do reflect some real world examples even if its not reflective of the broader group. It's no different with white racists cops. Sure its obviously a stereotype, but unfortunately some cops do live up to the sterotype.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,198,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This. I don't see how the OP and others are taking this as a personal attack unless they are white supremacists or white nationalists themselves.

OP, there is a very sharp distinction between the general white population (of which I am one) and those that are committing acts of terrorism and killing people based on their skin color and ethnicity. The white terrorists, of which I will not name, do not speak for me or my skin color. I'm sorry if they do for you.
Your answer below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, there is not. And that's the main problem.
Umm, yes, there is. If you cannot distinguish the difference between a white supremacist and me then, I don't know what to tell you.

You further reveal why you are so upset in the quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, but that would hardly prevent me from being labeled as such, were I a public figure. White people who favor restrictions on immigration, recognize inherent racial differences, or say anything that might be called white advocacy are routinely called white supremacists. And all white people, regardless of their views, are said by the left to be complicit in perpetuating white supremacy.

Notice at 7:15 of the video that distinguishing among groups of white people with disapproved views is highly frowned upon. It's all considered "hate".
This explains a lot. This topic is personal to you. You have what you call white advocacy ideas. You do not like being lumped in with white nationalist terrorists even though you share the same ideological beliefs with these terrorists. You have a choice - own up to who you are or change your belief system that whites are superior. Up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
My quible was how some liberals would avoid the term "radical islam" or "islamic state" prefering to aviod any mention of Islam. The proported reasons where to avoid alienating or stereotyping Muslims in general. Perhaps there are valid reason for that. But it's obviously a double standard and should at least be acknowledged.
What??? The thoughts in your mind are not reality. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
My wife, boss, and coworkers are white.

I better let them know how racist they really are.
Do they share the same ideologies as white supremacists? You know them so only you can be sure what they are. OK.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:12 AM

2,871 posts, read 2,324,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let's center this argument in fact shall we?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/...ages/offenders

(Doesn't add to 100% due to tiny amounts of other races like pacific islanders etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._and_ethnicity

Now 11.3% of the "white" is latino so we lower that down to 62%.

So, we have 62% of the population committing 50.7% of the hate crimes.

Any questions?

P.S. Sorry for brutally murdering this thread just now. Apologies all around. lol
Hate crimes/terrorist attacks are committed by a tiny fringe group of people. We should worry about those people not the broader group of people to which the attackers belong. Blame white supremacists, not white people in general, blame muslim extremists, not muslims in general, etc.

That parts pretty easy, the harder question is on what can we do to bend the broader culture. What can we do to stop people from developing violent extremist views. Why does Islam inspire international terrorist organizations, why does the US have a growing issue with white men being attracted to white supremacists/nationalists views?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:18 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,935,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Whites are left with two choices here; either oppose this cultural movement, or go with it, as baizous do. (If you are a white who chooses the latter, realize your pandering isn't the shield you think it is; it won't keep you safe.)
Safe from what exactly?

Please tell me...as a white male, according to this forum, I should be very scared, but I'm not. What am I doing wrong????

Old 04-11-2019, 08:20 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,773,973 times
Quote:
Hate crimes/terrorist attacks are committed by a tiny fringe group of people. We should worry about those people not the broader group of people to which the attackers belong. Blame white supremacists, not white people in general, blame muslim extremists, not muslims in general, etc.

That parts pretty easy, the harder question is on what can we do to bend the broader culture. What can we do to stop people from developing violent extremist views. Why does Islam inspire international terrorist organizations, why does the US have a growing issue with white men being attracted to white supremacists/nationalists views?
No, that is the easy part. End the "Social Justice War" that the far left is waging against our society. For years white nationalists were a fringe group that was ignored or ridiculed and was effectively impotent. It is still a fringe group but it is no longer ignored or ridiculed, it is picked at like a festering wound which only makes it grow. Constantly pointed at and the subject of ongoing and loud attention. Any new perceived strength the movement may be feeling is a direct result of that unending exposure. Let's be Americans together instead of pawns moved around a board by people with nefarious agendas and pitted against each other.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,741,969 times
Quote:

Actions create equal and opposite reactions. There are many actions whose reactions transcend time and space. For example, one of the biggest issues in conflict around the world are BORDERS. The ruling powers of the West carved up the world and drew borders to serve the interest of the West. That is still reverberating equal and opposite reactions. The recreation of the state of Israel and the removing of tens of thousands of Palestinians is reverberating reactions to this day.

It's hard to go back and undo things from the past, as attempting to do so would create even more new problems, often. However, whenever you can, you have to try to reconcile past wrongs to mitigate those equal and opposite negative reactions, then assure that you don't forget the past, lest you repeat those same mistakes again.

As long as people get the benefit of something before the cost get.....they are "winning", but when the bill comes due....the time that has past has been such that people forget why they are now having to make a payment. They do not understand that it is the reaction to something that happened in the past.....that was not paid for.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:33 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,198,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
No, that is the easy part. End the "Social Justice War" that the far left is waging against our society. For years white nationalists were a fringe group that was ignored or ridiculed and was effectively impotent. It is still a fringe group but it is no longer ignored or ridiculed, it is picked at like a festering wound which only makes it grow. Constantly pointed at and the subject of ongoing and loud attention. Any new perceived strength the movement may be feeling is a direct result of that unending exposure. Let's be Americans together instead of pawns moved around a board by people with nefarious agendas and pitted against each other.
It's not that easy to fix the issues that lead to right wing extremism. It would help if we did not have a president that did not invite them into the fold and make them feel welcome on the national stage. Check out the nasty stuff spewed at these rallies. It is quite awful.

Further, I'm not sure if ignoring them is such a good idea. It doesn't take such a high percentage to change our reality into something nasty. We need to keep them in check and make sure they do not grow. So far, that effort is failing. Look at some of the responses here. Many are unable to distinguish between being just white and a white supremacist. That should be the easy part. That tells me that these people are on the brink and can easily be swayed into the life (if they are not already a part). There is no easy answer but until they stop thinking someone like me is the enemy-we will not progress too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies