Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM

11,227 posts, read 8,317,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...tements-to-doj

The first of many indictments of corrupt Obama administration officials, hopefully.

How can this be? I thought it was an evil witch-hunt out to get team Trump, and that Meuller had no interest in the truth. Bad cops, rogue Americans, but now (NOW!) you people think they are great?

And you hope they find that more people have been engaging in illegal activity, because that is better for your team, even if it means bad news for America.

You people are without a doubt, the most America-hating, non-patriotic, lying, two-faced, hypocrites ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 12:37 PM

1,991 posts, read 902,482 times
As I said in the other thread on this subject, this is what the Mueller Probe is all about. To find out if there was a foreign influence with the 2016 election and fix it. Left or Right, wherever the investigation leads, it needs to be addressed and taken care of.

The welfare of our country should not be a team sport.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:49 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Actually not in *my* case.

Manafort, and Manafort only, is the only convicted of a crime.

Craig is being indicted for his association with Manafort, not Obama. If his association with Obama is a part of his criminal behavior with Manafort then Obama is meaningful here.

Again, not getting the "glee" over this guy with regard to Obama unless you've got some intel that Obama used him for nefarious activities. Or if you all are trying to be cute and point out that Obama's appointees weren't choir boys.

Cute, nope, just pointing out facts....he worked for obama....but you are on the right track..

So, let me ask it this way: Why is the left saying that manafort worked for trump and therefore trump is also associated with manafort, even though what manafort did was years prior to working for trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I find it supremely amusing how hard the right is working to connect this guy to President Obama, while at the same time working equally hard to downplay the fact that he also worked with Trump's Campaign Manager, even though it's the latter association and not the former that he is in trouble for now. Just more of the usual right wing denial. Funny stuff.

^^^Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about....what manafort did was NOT while working for trump....but long prior...and when this happened manafort was not his campaign manager....

Old 04-12-2019, 01:13 PM

45,636 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
His handoffs had to do with whatever he knew he couldn't complete because he anticipated being shut down before he could finish the wrap up of his investigation. Craig's indictment would have had Mueller's name on it had his work not been summarily truncated.

Read it as you will - Craig was indicted because of Mueller's probe.
That's baloney... bologna... whatever.

Mueller put some underling under Craig in jail for 30 days and let Craig skate away without notice.

Craig and Manafort worked together. He charged Manafort, but not Craig.

Last year...

Amid Mueller Probe, Prominent Skadden Counsel Disappears From Website

Robert Mueller’s investigation of Trump’s Russian connections has already resulted in one Skadden associate, Alex van der Zwaan, pleading guilty to lying to investigators in the Russia probe about his communications with former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates.

When van der Zwaan went down, many of us wondered if this might be the tip of the iceberg of Skadden’s involvement in the matter. After all, if there were something untoward about the report Manafort arranged for Skadden to prepare, justifying the actions of Russian-aligned Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, that could rise much higher than a lone London-based associate.

While Mueller’s office hasn’t announced any further action involving Skadden, eagle-eyed tipsters noticed that Greg Craig, former White House Counsel under Obama and the Skadden counsel who led the Ukraine report, has unceremoniously disappeared from the Skadden website.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:05 PM

989 posts, read 457,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Cute, nope, just pointing out facts....he worked for obama....but you are on the right track..

So, let me ask it this way: Why is the left saying that manafort worked for trump and therefore trump is also associated with manafort, even though what manafort did was years prior to working for trump?

^^^Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about....what manafort did was NOT while working for trump....but long prior...and when this happened manafort was not his campaign manager....
I don't know why "the left" is saying that. I'm not. I waited for the facts of what Manafort did. It's apparent that he had strong ties to Russia and was working for them and probably made promises to them using his newfound political currency. The prosecution showed no ties to Trump other than being his hand selected campaign manager. Then there's Flynn, also as crooked as an old country lane, who also was around during the Obama administration. Maybe something Craig did will lead back to Obama; we shall see. Or maybe they are all pretty stupid at appointing "the help" and can't seem to stay away from shady people.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:19 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
A "hunch"? That is a great non-answer answer(deflection).. you must be a liberal.
Well, then, please enlighten me with your storehouse of indisputable facts, if you would be so kind. I never calimed to KNOW anything. If you do, back it up.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, does not negate the fact he worked for obama, does it?

So, this is your logic....it happened prior to him working for obama, therefore, it does matter.....why?
It doesn't matter, as I've already stated. If there is evidence he committed a crime, lock him up. Ditto Hillary, Obama, Bush, or whoever.

The whole point is that crime is crime, whenever he committed it. I am certainly not defending him, nor should you be trying to blame Obama for something he had no hand in. That is how cowards operate.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's baloney... bologna... whatever.

Mueller put some underling under Craig in jail for 30 days and let Craig skate away without notice.

Craig and Manafort worked together. He charged Manafort, but not Craig.

Last year...

Amid Mueller Probe, Prominent Skadden Counsel Disappears From Website

Robert Mueller’s investigation of Trump’s Russian connections has already resulted in one Skadden associate, Alex van der Zwaan, pleading guilty to lying to investigators in the Russia probe about his communications with former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates.

When van der Zwaan went down, many of us wondered if this might be the tip of the iceberg of Skadden’s involvement in the matter. After all, if there were something untoward about the report Manafort arranged for Skadden to prepare, justifying the actions of Russian-aligned Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, that could rise much higher than a lone London-based associate.

While Mueller’s office hasn’t announced any further action involving Skadden, eagle-eyed tipsters noticed that Greg Craig, former White House Counsel under Obama and the Skadden counsel who led the Ukraine report, has unceremoniously disappeared from the Skadden website.
Are you familiar with the concept of "superceding indictments", where an indictment is issued as a place holder, and other indictments follow when the time is right? Some indictments for Manafort had portions redacted so as not to tip Mueller's hand as to who else might also be involved. The purpose of the redaction is to issue future indictments for the guilty whose names were not released.

Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Loved Trump's tweet about this issue --once again clear he doesn't read or get the facts before he mouths off about something.

He thinks it is is some kind of reflection on Obama's Presidency -- and it really isn't.....lololol.

Oye.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly. Also, was this illegal activity before, during or after his time with the Obama administration?
2012 is the date in question. About the same time Joe Biden was bragging about getting an investigation shutdown in the Ukraine, by getting the Prosecutor tossed. Then Hunter gets a Big Money gig, with Ukraine oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies