Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Its WAY past time we get a strong leader who rules with an iron fist no matter the laws/rules blah blah blah. The 2 anti american parties in power will never do anything to really help America so its up to President Trump and his supporters to save America.
WTH save them from what ! The fear attics sure is working! It’s not a zombie apocalypse!! My lord - Americans gone nuts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 04:36 PM

7,816 posts, read 6,400,385 times
So, he’s not going to enforce certain laws. Just like Obama did.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:45 PM

623 posts, read 234,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Yeah, let's set a precedent so Bernie can become the next dictator in 2020.

Heck, no.
Dictator's don't exactly give up power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
WTH save them from what ! The fear attics sure is working! It’s not a zombie apocalypse!! My lord - Americans gone nuts
The invasion on the southern border for starters. Lawless activist judges,constant wars we can't seem to get out of,hissy fit throwing from the most useless political body on earth the US congress.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:47 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,425,625 times
Quote:
Dictator's don't exactly give up power.
So do you agree with Trump’s stated opinion that it would be a good thing if he could become president for life?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:47 PM

24,016 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Public Citizens informs me that

An oil lobbyist runs the DOI

A coal lobbyist runs the EPA

A Boeing exec runs the DOD

A big pharma exec runs HHS

Billionaire Amway heiress runs the DoED

A private equity kingpin runs the Commerce department

and a Goldman Sacs exec runs Treasury

Yes, the swamp is being drained

HAHAHA

Old 04-12-2019, 04:48 PM

20,881 posts, read 9,569,032 times
Quote:
I worry about a tyrannical government when its actions and urges are NOT good for America or Americans.

So you like most politicians would rather just keep kicking the can down the road and complaining when NEITHER SIDE does anything worth a crap to fix things no matter what subject we are talking about? Ya know I am not the one who supported the man who said he could do whatever he wanted with a pen and a phone so...
Your sympathies are about as anti-American as you can get.

The US is a nation of laws, not of strongmen or dictators. Violating laws in order to punish those who violate laws (or simply who you don't like) is precisely the kind of thing that anti-democratic dictators do.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:51 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,061 times
Quote:
Its WAY past time we get a strong leader who rules with an iron fist no matter the laws/rules blah blah blah. The 2 anti american parties in power will never do anything to really help America so its up to President Trump and his supporters to save America.
Most people don't want your "saving".

Old 04-12-2019, 04:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,108,092 times
Quote:
Right. And Mussolini made the trains run on time.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:56 PM

623 posts, read 234,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So do you agree with Trump’s stated opinion that it would be a good thing if he could become president for life?
Yes. Not my first choice but he has American's best interests in mind so absolutely. What is YOUR suggestion for this cluster F we call a congress that gets NOTHING done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Your sympathies are about as anti-American as you can get.

The US is a nation of laws, not of strongmen or dictators. Violating laws in order to punish those who violate laws (or simply who you don't like) is precisely the kind of thing that anti-democratic dictators do.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
The US is a nation of elitist politicians and their corporate pals screwing every day Americans over and enriching themselves,once people remove their heads from the sand and realize that we MIGHT get somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Most people don't want your "saving".
Most people don't want the left's cultural marxist idea of America either ,they will have to pick one side or the other.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,425,625 times
Quote:
Yes. Not my first choice but he has American's best interests in mind so absolutely. What is YOUR suggestion for this cluster F we call a congress that gets NOTHING done?
Thanks for confirming your desire for an orange strongman.

My solution is to retain our representative democracy, not transition to dictatorship simply because it can be more efficient in running a government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies