Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 04:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As long as you can deal with facts and accept the reality of the well researched statistics I referenced, I have no problem with you teaching your children whatever you prefer about guns.

If you feel that in your household guns are not a threat because of the education you have conveyed about them, I'm not going to dispute that.

The general statistic holds, children are on average more threatened by a gun in the household than they are from a criminal who the gun might defend against.

once again you completely ignored what i said. ALL children need to be taught gun safety, because you never know when a child will come across a gun. they mya be over at a friends house and come across one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 04:38 PM

1,406 posts, read 802,035 times
Quote:
The parent deserves charges of at least negligence for sure.

The fact that you don’t feel they do tells me unequivocally that you are in the gun nut camp, as you don’t feel that possessing a firearm should ever open you up to criminal prosecution, even if through negligence someone allows children to kill themsleves with it.
I am firmly in the gun nut camp and I totally think the parents should be prosecuted.

Not punishing people for criminal acts is more of a leftist/democrat position I would think.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Why exactly do they think they're entitled to money?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:40 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is the point in teaching children gun safety when you have parents that ignore safety. How do you teach a 4 year old gun safety, the best way is to keep loaded guns locked away from children. What was the need for the mother to bring a gun to a soccer game, and why leave it loaded and unsecured.
You can't fix stupid and no law would stop that moron from having a gun.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
The fact I mentioned that statically more children are harmed by the presence of a gun than they are protected by it. Your first word in response to me was “no”, I took that to mean you were disputing that.

I was disputing you....glad you caught that subtle hint.

Great, you said statistically....so lets see those stats, that you obviously forgot to provide a link for, or you are just talking....out your butt.....

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Here are SOLID facts....this is a NRA link, but links to the local channel (NON-NRA)....you want to push facts, then produce the them....

Old 04-15-2019, 04:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I was disputing you....glad you caught that subtle hint.

Great, you said statistically....so lets see those stats, that you obviously forgot to provide a link for, or you are just talking....out your butt.....

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Here are SOLID facts....this is a NRA link, but links to the local channel (NON-NRA)....you want to push facts, then produce the them....
It won’t matter. I could post plenty of well researched studies, would just go in one ear and out the other. You are wrong and that special tingle you seem to feel for guns clearly colors your perception. Over and out.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is the point in teaching children gun safety when you have parents that ignore safety. How do you teach a 4 year old gun safety, the best way is to keep loaded guns locked away from children. What was the need for the mother to bring a gun to a soccer game, and why leave it loaded and unsecured.

let me g you one further then, what is the point of teaching children anything? you gun grabbers keep complaining that people need to learn gun safety, and i agree. but we need to start early when children are most capable of learning. we start them young with learning languages, how to read, how to write, etc. we teach them other safety things like look both ways before crossing the street. so what is wring with also teaching children about gun safety at a young age? is it supposed to be some mystical learning event that somehow children are not capable of learning until they are at some age you decide?

why cant you take the child out and teach them what a gun can do, and why they need to leave them alone unless under adult supervision?

do you teach your children not to drink the things they find under the sink? you know stuff like drain cleaner, windex, bug spray etc.? this is just another safety item that children need to learn about.

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm pretty sure that parent wishes they weren't alive right now so how is tacking on charges going to help.
Maybe another parent would think twice before leaving loaded guns where preschoolers can easily get to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe they need the death penalty. Because you know, gun = bad!
Someone did receive the death penalty - an innocent 6 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again you completely ignored what i said. ALL children need to be taught gun safety, because you never know when a child will come across a gun. they mya be over at a friends house and come across one.
If you seriously think that just telling them not to touch a gun if they see one is going to be effective, I can only presume you aren't actually acquainted with many 4 year olds.

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
...that special tingle you seem to feel for guns...
This special tingle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqBAOX6Qegk

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
And, again, the problem is this will never happen. Never ever.

Stupid people do not teach their kids a lot, other than how to be stupid. So either accept the fact that there is always going to be collateral damage for idiocy and guns or make an IQ quiz part of a background check, and pray it isn't your family member who is shot by the mentally ill or the mentally challenged, or little kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies