Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 12:21 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I guess Davey (the child molester) and his "congregation" of "worshipers" don't have any skin in the game when they choose to ignore a federal warrant and then shot at agents trying to gain entrance into the facility.

You people...I wish you guys and like minded people could start your own country. Preferably far away from ours.
I also wish the world was as black and white as you people think it is. Things would be so much simpler.
So the government destroyed the compound to save the compound! (Where have I heard that before?)

Old 04-19-2019, 12:23 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What the hell are you talking about. OP is correct, Reno gave the order, under the direction of Slick Willie Clinton. The blood is on their hands.
Yep. All over uncollected taxes on some guns.

The Robertson-Pittman excise tax is charged on completed firearms, but not on components. The BD bought some AR lowers (assembled) all perfectly legal. They bought AR uppers, all perfectly legal. They then "assembled" them (which consists of sliding 2 pins into place) and later sold them-all perfectly legal. They did not pay the excise tax on those sales to the Dept of the Treasury. That is what the raid was over. An unpaid 11% tax on a few hundred dollars in sales. For that-76 people were executed-by our government.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Government didn't kill anyone, stop with that nonsense.
Government killed 76 people. It was in all the papers.......

Old 04-19-2019, 12:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's bull and you know it. Koresh began the shooting, and set the fires trapping the innocent children who burned to death.

to a point this is correct. but as noted the DOJ could have taken koresh down without having to surround and lay siege to the compound that they KNEW to have an arsenal of weapons. they should have taken koresh down, and then served the search warrant on the compound.

in the end both sides were at fault here, koresh more so though since instead of cooperating with a legal warrant and fighting in court, he chose to fight the feds by turning weapons on them, and ultimately when he realized he was losing the battle he chose suicide over capture.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:27 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
No, they were killed by our government. Payback was carried out by Tim McVeigh. Unintended consequences are a *****.
I suppose you and all the other Right wing government haters on this thread have pictures of Koresh and McVeigh tacked up on the wall of that bed of yours?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I suppose you and all the other Right wing government haters on this thread have pictures of Koresh and McVeigh tacked up on the wall of that bed of yours?
I guess you have a pic of Janet Reno over yours?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
to a point this is correct. but as noted the DOJ could have taken koresh down without having to surround and lay siege to the compound that they KNEW to have an arsenal of weapons. they should have taken koresh down, and then served the search warrant on the compound.

in the end both sides were at fault here, koresh more so though since instead of cooperating with a legal warrant and fighting in court, he chose to fight the feds by turning weapons on them, and ultimately when he realized he was losing the battle he chose suicide over capture.
Thing is-the feds fired first. Prior to assaulting the farmhouse, they slaughtered all the dogs on the property-most of which were kenneled or chained and posed no possible threat. They then fired on people at the front doors of the house-doors that were conveniently destroyed, rather than being taken into evidence. Evidence that would have shown which way the bullets were traveling.

They then fired upon people in the building-after the fire was burning. There is readily available video of that.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:33 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm not “right-wing.”

And hatred of the government used to be a hallmark of the left. Remember the 1960s?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAXs_9XToQ

Old 04-19-2019, 12:50 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The FBI murdered Weaver's 14 year-old son, his dog, and his wife, who was standing behind a door holding their baby. It was one of the most disgusting acts you could imagine.

Yea. Vicki Weaver was indeed holing a semi automatic assault infant. Horiuchi was in fear for his life and those of his fellow agents. Not to long after I remember this movie about it came out that portrayed the Weavers as goose stepping morons that had their kids tossing Nazi salutes I the yard of a helpless old lady who had chastised the kids for being baby SS trooper. Randy Weaver sued the makers as none of it was authorized by him ad none of it was true.

Another version came out later with Weavers cooperation that kept to the truth of things. The first one was straight up government propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies