Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 05:21 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
"Mexico has played a significant role in the rapid expansion of US exports in the 1990s and 2000s. It alternated between the second and third most important trade partner of the United States in the last decade. In 2014, the United States exported a total of $240 billion worth of goods to Mexico, with the largest products coming from the computers and electronics, transportation, petroleum, and machinery sectors. By contrast, China only purchased $124 billion of US exports. Exports to Mexico accounted for approximately 1,344,000 jobs in the United States."
https://blog.oup.com/2018/02/mexico-united-states/

"In 2014, a heavy portion of exports from six US states were purchased by Mexico: 41% in Arizona, 41% in New Mexico, 36% in Texas, 25% in New Hampshire, 23% in South Dakota, and 23% in Nebraska."

"Mexico also influences the US economy through tourism in the same way that American tourists play a central role in Mexico’s economy. In 2014, 75 million foreigners visited the United States, generating $221 billion dollars."
https://blog.oup.com/2018/02/mexico-united-states/

"U.S. officials say security cooperation with their Mexican counterparts has never been better. Following the most recent round of the U.S.-Mexico Strategic Dialogue on Disrupting Transnational Criminal Organizations, John Sullivan, the U.S. deputy secretary of state, said, “Today, our two countries have one of the most extensive bilateral law enforcement relationships in the world.… We share more information related to migration and border security, enabling us to better identify criminal threats, analyze migration trends, and reduce human smuggling on both sides of the border.”"
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/22...d-under-trump/
So because they now make lots of junk that we used to make (and have beaches), we have to stop being a country??
Umm, I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Another dumbest thread of 2019 contender.
Not for any one who wants America to continue as a nation.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
The border jumpers will just take to sea, and probably a good many by mini-submarine. Drug runners used that to get by our coast guard successfully. If they can do it for drugs, surely they'd do so for border jumpers. Were I a drug cartel high-up, that's where I'd be looking for a potential profit-maker for my bosses and the gang.

Or a hot-air balloon with black cloth (for night crossings) or sky-blue (for day crossings, and a likewise colored basket. Hard to pick up those materials on radar.

If there's any raping of the American worker going on, it's the corporatists and lackeys in both parties who refuse to
*pay a living wage to all workers
*allow higher tax rates on the rich in order to reduce power imbalances between the wealthy and middle class
*cut education budgets so that tuition for a four year undergraduate education is the price of a down-payment on a middle-class suburban home.
*refuse to provide single-payer health care.

THAT is where the real rape of the American worker is going on. By comparison, the illegal immigrant is merely a run-of-the-mill c***-blocker at a pickup bar.
The corporate fat-cat robber barons LOVE illegal immigration. I guess you're in bed with them??

Old 04-21-2019, 05:26 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Before we declare war with Mexico we need two things to happen. First we need Texas to secede as promised and second, we need to invade and occupy Canada.

Don't ask me why but this is how it has to happen.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:30 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
The border jumpers will just take to sea, and probably a good many by mini-submarine. Drug runners used that to get by our coast guard successfully. If they can do it for drugs, surely they'd do so for border jumpers. Were I a drug cartel high-up, that's where I'd be looking for a potential profit-maker for my bosses and the gang.

Or a hot-air balloon with black cloth (for night crossings) or sky-blue (for day crossings, and a likewise colored basket. Hard to pick up those materials on radar.

If there's any raping of the American worker going on, it's the corporatists and lackeys in both parties who refuse to
*pay a living wage to all workers
*allow higher tax rates on the rich in order to reduce power imbalances between the wealthy and middle class
*cut education budgets so that tuition for a four year undergraduate education is the price of a down-payment on a middle-class suburban home.
*refuse to provide single-payer health care.

THAT is where the real rape of the American worker is going on. By comparison, the illegal immigrant is merely a run-of-the-mill c***-blocker at a pickup bar.
Lol, I just watched "Border Walls" on TV yesterday and a ship full of drug runners and their multi-million stash of drugs were caught at sea.

My you really think these drug runners and illegal aliens are so creative that Homeland Security doesn't have every method of entry covered?

Both the greedy employers and their illegal workers are guilty of raping our own workers and they both need to be held accountable. No one forces these illegal workers over the border to take a job in this country that they know they aren't lawfully entitled to either.

Construction used to pay a living wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border.

The rich already pay the most taxes in this country just remove the loopholes in our tax laws.

I don't have a problem reducing college tuition. Obamacare isn't working let's try something else.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The corporate fat-cat robber barons LOVE illegal immigration. I guess you're in bed with them??
Actually, there are far more mid sized and small sized companies that hire illegal aliens and many mom and pop owned businesses. Then there's cheapo "Joe American" that hires them off the street corners.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, there are far more mid sized and small sized companies that hire illegal aliens and many mom and pop owned businesses. Then there's cheapo "Joe American" that hires them off the street corners.

But don't forget the US Chamber of Commerce and its deep-pocket lobbyists, funded largely by the biggest, richest companies.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
But don't forget the US Chamber of Commerce and its deep-pocket lobbyists, funded largely by the biggest, richest companies.
I'm aware of them also but the claim by the pro-illegals is that the illegals themselves are guilt free which they are not. Both the greedy employers and they are equally guilty of breaking the law and both should be held accountable.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm aware of them also but the claim by the pro-illegals is that the illegals themselves are guilt free which they are not. Both the greedy employers and they are equally guilty of breaking the law and both should be held accountable.
Yes they are accountable. But, in general, they have no choice. There is simply no way that most of them would ever get a US visa.

If there was an available way for them to do it legally their case would be more one sided. But we do not welcome the poor and downtrodden at this point.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:26 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Enough is enough. Our southern neighbor is a parasite. We've got enough toilet scrubbers and subpar drywall laborers. We have troops and bases all over the world, but out biggest threat is right next door.

And who is next, Canada ? Hahahaha. Ah, you guys are a barrel of laughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies