Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I never knew that condemning racism was so difficult for a president.
The willful ignorance of the left is disgusting. They want to leave out this quote by the President in the same sequence of questions:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-26-2019 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: language

Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
The willful ignorance of the left is disgusting. They want to leave out this quote by the President in the same sequence of questions:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
The idiot walked his garbage talk back after he got called out so you can cut the phony indignance. As if Trump is just a nice guy getting picked on...Give me a break!
Quote:
On Monday, after two days of relentless criticism, Trump gave a stronger statement, saying “racism is evil” and specifically condemning white supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, and neo-Nazis. Speaking to reporters shortly afterward, white nationalist Richard Spencer told reporters he didn’t see Trump’s remarks as a condemnation of his movement.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uspect/536880/

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-26-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-25-2019, 08:38 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I live in Charlottesville and Trump was clear he was talking about people on both sides of the confederate statue issue.
That’s what the whole protest on both sides was supposed to be about — it had been going on for months —take them down or leave them up? both sides were very riled up about it, and these were not the supremacists.

I am disappointed that even FOX news hasn’t been telling it correctly.
The "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil" chanting by the white supremacist Nazis who wanted the statues to remain are one side. One side that trump said were good people. It's pretty clear. I understand these views should be shameful. Change or admit your defaults.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who were those people in the preppy outfits with torch’s shouting blood and soil, the UVA men’s choir.

Rather weak and dismissive comments by a president .
Yes, there were horrible racists/supremacists who showed up — but the protest was started and the permit given over the statue debate, and that’s what Trump was referring to as fine people on both sides of the debate. He made it clear he was not talking about white supremacists being fine people.
What part of this do you democrats NOT UNDERSTAND?

All we can assume is you Dems are so disappointed he was not calling white supremacists ‘fine people’ that you can’t deal with the actual truth......

Old 04-25-2019, 08:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil" chanting by the white supremacist Nazis who wanted the statues to remain are one side. One side that trump said were good people. It's pretty clear. I understand these views should be shameful. Change or admit your defaults.
That "Jews will not replace us" crap is bizarre. What kind of insecure lunatic worries about being replaced? And because of their unworthy cause and battle cry, they will actually be easily forgotten into the dustbin of history and never missed.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, there were horrible racists/supremacists who showed up — but the protest was started and the permit given over the statue debate, and that’s what Trump was referring to as fine people on both sides of the debate. He made it clear he was not talking about white supremacists being fine people.
What part of this do you democrats NOT UNDERSTAND?

All we can assume is you Dems are so disappointed he was not calling white supremacists ‘fine people’ that you can’t deal with the actual truth......

Old 04-25-2019, 08:52 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
All the racist supremacists who came here from out of town had nothing to do with the statue debate —they weren’t interested in the statue — they came to Make news and make trouble.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Why are you reviving this year old story?

Trump said:
"There were very fine people on both sides".
One of those sides being white supremacists.

Take it up with Trump. They are his words.
One of those sides included white supremacists. Big difference.

There are some fine people who celebrate their Southern heritage.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That "Jews will not replace us" crap is bizarre. What kind of insecure lunatic worries about being replaced? And because of their unworthy cause and battle cry, they will actually be easily forgotten into the dustbin of history and never missed.
Apparently the participants of this march--of which there was a significant number and one of them murdered one woman and injured several others by running them over with a car. The President of the United States of America gave them legitimacy. Yes, they should be dismissed but when the most powerful position in the world gives legitimacy then we have a problem. Understand?

Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
All the racist supremacists who came here from out of town had nothing to do with the statue debate —they weren’t interested in the statue — they came to Make news and make trouble.
Sure, they just happened to come to an area where this was happening. Total coincidence. SURE... Why didn't they come to my multicultural city? HELLO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
#CDTroll
Most of the time I troll this toilet but my postings on this particular "discussion" are legit. You are the troll in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies