Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a 10 or 11 year old rape victim be forced to give birth?
Yes 0 0%
No 18 100.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I told what he did. The legal system did not prosecute him. I was told he was a nice man and that I was lucky to have him. He worked for the government and was well known.

The church condemned me for fornication and insisted I could have stopped it if I wanted to. I was later forced to marry my rapist while I was still a child to fix my sin.

I always hated the man. He destroyed my future.
Sounds like either you live in a fundamentalist Islamic country or a fundamentalist Christian Southern USA State. They seem to have similar attitudes that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 05:58 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Since when are crime victims immune to the consequences of crime? For example, your home is burgled/robbed. Your insurance company gives you reduced value compensation for what was stolen. It is not enough to replace it.

In what world do you imagine that crime victims are given a choice of how they will be reimbursed or made whole again after the crime?
Since when aren't the victims of crime permitted to mitigate the damages caused by that crime?

Since when is it all or nothing?

If something of mine is stolen I am allowed to replace it.

If I encounter the burglar and he breaks my arm I am allowed to mitigate that damage by seeking medical care to treat my arm. I do not have to live with a deformed arm for the rest of my life.

If I am impregnated by rape, I get to mitigate the damage by seeking medical care to remove that pregnancy. I get to mitigate the risk to my health and my life by having an abortion.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Outside of when a woman or girl is raped or it is done to save her body that is the only real way to save her body, I am anti-abortion. That said, this is a disgustingly tragic event that happened to this kid. She should not have to need a reminder of the horrific event the went through. That said, it is interesting that sometimes a rape victim will want the pregnancy to go through. It could be reflected on their upbringing. In such cases, the person that acts (if any) as the "dad" to the kids are more of a father than the biological father.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post

There's a huge difference between "keep alive" and murder. A 90 year old on their deathbed is being kept alive, but if that person has cyanide injected into them, that's murder.
Early abortions do not inject anything into a fetus, they cause the womans body to not produce a hormone necessary to continue the pregnancy. After 12 weeks misoprostol is given to the woman and it triggers the body to abort, again nothing is injected to the fetus.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So we force an irrecoverable choice upon it?

So because the baby's mom was raped, its life is now less valuable than a baby conceived consensually? Unbelieveable. If you really believe that, then I want you to go someone who was born of rape and tell them to their face that their life isn't valuable.

There's a huge difference between "keep alive" and murder. A 90 year old on their deathbed is being kept alive, but if that person has cyanide injected into them, that's murder.

The mom won't necessarily die if an abortion isn't carried out, a baby definitely will if one is however. False equivalency.

Read what I wrote, I quite clearly said "The only time it is morally right to terminate a life is when that life threatens another's life." If the pregnancy is that risky that failure to terminate results in the mother's death, then...maybe, this isn't cut and dry. If you pick the baby, it be able to live a full life, or will it never develop past the mental age of a 5 year old? If you pick the mom, will she still be able to life a full life or will she be bedridden for life? Those are factors that go into that. But when you have a healthy mom, with a healthy pregnancy, then YES terminating the pregnancy is MURDER. No one's life is threatened in that scenario.
Get educated.

Seemingly healthy women carrying seemingly healthy pregnancies can and do die without any warning.

Every single pregnancy has the potential to kill the woman carrying it and no woman should be forced to risk her life against her will.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Every single pregnancy has the potential to kill the woman carrying it and no woman should be forced to risk her life against her will.
The only logical conclusion is that abortion at any time for any reason should be allowed.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:16 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Get educated.

Seemingly healthy women carrying seemingly healthy pregnancies can and do die without any warning.

So the reason to terminate a perfectly healthy baby late term, is because heathy babies die all the time?

You know how crazy that sounds?

Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why is it assumed she wants an abortion?
An eleven year old giving birth?

Old 05-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The only logical conclusion is that abortion at any time for any reason should be allowed.
No, a logical conclusion is to allow reasonable restrictions.

Taking away a woman's choice before she even knows she is pregnant is NOT reasonable.

Banning women who have been raped from getting an abortion is NOT reasonable.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So the reason to terminate a perfectly healthy baby late term, is because heathy babies die all the time?

You know how crazy that sounds?
Women who do not want to carry a pregnancy do not wait 7 months to abort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies