Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a 10 or 11 year old rape victim be forced to give birth?
Yes 0 0%
No 18 100.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 12:49 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What you and IC have it backwards. The doctor does not have to put their name to anything affirming that the pregnancy won't be a risk to the mother. The pregnancy can be a risk, the Ohio legislature doesn't care. The only exception is if the abortion is done to prevent death to the pregnant woman or prevent a serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman.

So yeah there are probably idiots here but I don't think that you realize who they are.
Upon further reading I figured out that I misread the poster to whom I was responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 12:53 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
What I found absolutely disgusting about the comment I replied to in post #315 was the implication that somehow an eleven year old child has the capacity to make that sort of decision.
I apologise then I DID misunderstand your post. I would in this case AGREE with you.

I must have missed a page. One thing I dislike about this board is that there is not a way to open a thread to the last place you read...Unless there is a way and I have not found it.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:06 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I apologise then I DID misunderstand your post. I would in this case AGREE with you.

I must have missed a page. One thing I dislike about this board is that there is not a way to open a thread to the last place you read...Unless there is a way and I have not found it.

There is a way - click on the little blue square with the down arrow next to the title in the list. Alternately, you can click on the title, then there's a link in the blue bar for going to the first unread post.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:18 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
There is a way - click on the little blue square with the down arrow next to the title in the list. Alternately, you can click on the title, then there's a link in the blue bar for going to the first unread post.
WOW! Thank you! Now all I have to do is start actually paying attention to who said what...I tend to just respond to the comment and not pay attention to the person's name.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
WOW! Thank you! Now all I have to do is start actually paying attention to who said what...I tend to just respond to the comment and not pay attention to the person's name.

You're welcome. That was easy. I'm afraid I can't help with the other problem.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
The same people wanting to force her to have this child will be the first to call her a welfare queen in a few years when she will need public assistance for abolutely everything to raise this child (healthcare, subsidized daycare, housing assistance, etc.) And they will castigate her when she’s only capable of holding minimum wage jobs because she couldn’t focus on getting a proper education/ having a normal life due to raising a baby.

“If you want to do better, stop being lazy, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps!†they’ll say.

This is not even considering all the mental health issues mom and baby will most likely have due to the circumstances involved.
Bingo! You nailed it. That is EXACTLY what they will do.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Thank you for this information! Like USMC, I had no idea you could do this.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:44 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
Forcing an 11 year old CHILD to carry and have a baby she did not ask for is disgusting and wrong. The government SHOULD NOT be telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing with their own bodies. If they care so much about babies, why don't they sterilize and prosecute these males who make babies and walk away like it's nothing? They won't even pay child support for the children they helped to make. Why are so many unwanted babies in foster care? *crickets*

Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thank you for this information! Like USMC, I had no idea you could do this.

Happy to help.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:40 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
One is too many.

No that's just something you made up in order to deflect from the horrible big government policies from the left.

Why work hard jobs when big government can buy your loyalty with welfare?

FYI - the population of that area is predominantly white and middle class in case you thought you were taking a jab at another minority group lol.

Being that you are in TX, you don't seem to have much knowledge of what goes on in OH. There have been documentaries about the working conditions of the meat and egg operations in NE OH and how they basically enslave foreign visa workers. Mostly because the jobs are dangerous and the local population has had enough of these horrible companies so rarely subject themselves to those substandard conditions. They can get better jobs at safer facilities and be better paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies