Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want the Dems to impeach Trump?
I am a Dem - YES! 12 14.81%
I am a Pub - YES! 3 3.70%
I am an Independent - YES! 6 7.41%
I am a Dem - NO! 5 6.17%
I am a Pub - NO! 19 23.46%
I am an Independent - NO! 36 44.44%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 09:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

right now there is no reason to impeach trump except for purely political reasons. and if the democrats do impeach trump, they can kiss the house and the presidency good bye until at least 2024, and they can kiss any possibility of making any gains in the senate as well. in fact i think they will lose ground in the senate in 2020.

now if they come up with a real reason to impeach trump, then the countries mood would swing towards impeachment, and then they have good reason to impeach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 09:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm an independent and I voted no.

With the Mueller probe clearing his name of wrong doing,.
You sound like a guy who didn't actually read the report or follow the story.

Trump has been accused of a LOT of wrong doing of various types. He has been sued many times for wrong doing and plead guilty (by settling...Trump U, for example).

What the Report (not a proble - not an INDEPENDENT presecutor, but one hired by the POTUS and GOP) said was that Mueller had been told (there is no law) that a POTUS cannot be indicted. He clearly showed massive amounts of wrongdoing....

Now, if you are saying the President isn't being criminally charged while in office....and that means something morally and ethically....well, that's your opinion. I happen to be one of those crazy people who think wrongdoing is wrongdoing whether or not you have immunity or pardon or even whether the Boss decides to prosecute you.

Anyway, I think we agree that the Ballot Box is the best place to thrown out officials who aren't up to snuff. However, let's not pretend that Trump isn''t involved in a deeper Swamp than any POTUS in memory. How many of his highest cohorts have been charged? This is serious business and yet you see OK with his...his highest Generals taking money for foreign influence and his Campaign Manager basically setting up a Pro-Russian revolution (lots of people died) in Ukraine.

I could go on but it would be a book. I mean...what does it take to get a POTUS impeached? If Trump isn't worth of such, it seems impossible that ANY action would be.

Follow the logic. POTUS walks into the street and kills a woman and her children. He then goes into the treasury and transfers a billion into his accounts. Then he signs over many contracts to his family and friends - 100's of billions of them.

You and I cry "that's a crime".

Rudy says "no, it's not a crime because a sitting president can't be indicted"....

Well, no different. You'd be on here saying he was cleared and not found guilty. Sure.......true.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:35 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
It would be very bad politics, as turnabout is always fair play.

The best way to defeat Trump is to nominate a candidate who can excite Millennials *AND* the white working class.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:52 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Last time I checked there are almost 150M registered voters.

10M people, probably not all registered voters, probably thousands of illegal immigrants, want to dictate to the other 150M citizens to impeach our duly elected President?

Bring it on! The Dem's are imploding!

To be honest I would vote YES! because as an independent I know that would be the nail in the coffin for the Dems. I voted honestly. I hope they come to their senses.
What poll are you referring to? I see nothing of the specifics of a poll - whether it's an informal internet poll, whether it's a professional poll, who it polled, etc. And your headline says removed, but further down you say impeached, so we don't even know what the poll asked or what those 10 million were supporting.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
My God OP, Trump won, Hillary lost, get over it.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You sound like a guy who didn't actually read the report or follow the story.

Trump has been accused of a LOT of wrong doing of various types. He has been sued many times for wrong doing and plead guilty (by settling...Trump U, for example).
being accused without being charged or a conviction doesn't mean anything. Anybody can accuse you of anything.

those are civil lawsuits and that's common in the U.S. with corporations and the reason he settled the Trump U was he won the 2016 Presidential Election and the best advice was to settle it before taking the oath of office and dragging the lawsuit into his presidency.

Civil lawsuits are not the same thing as criminal..........try again.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:22 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, good to know you throw your weight behind a certain team! I didn't think Originalists believed in such teams.....I would think they'd care about the good of the USA, not authoritarianism.

Well, I guess we can all throw titles on ourselves....doesn't mean nothing.

10M is a vast amount of people. If one million showed up in DC ever day or week a couple weeks in a row there would be movement on most any issue.

Thanks for telling people that 10 million Americans felt strongly enough about something to take the time to put their name on a document!

Hopefully those same people will come out to vote. We both agree there.

First, 10M is not a VAST amount of people. It is less than 5% of voting Americans. See, math is on my side.

Thanks for acknowledging that the vast minority of people feel as you do.

Think about that! You are in the minority. Like, the VAST MINORITY!

Old 05-11-2019, 12:43 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Well I just heard of it - so sounds like a sample of voters - not a real count. Might be more

Old 05-11-2019, 05:00 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
It doesn't matter if every single person in the country wants him impeached, he has to commit an impeachable offense first.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:03 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
The only thing worse than having trump would be having Pence leading the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies