Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 08:04 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Obama isn't president so who cares
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 08:14 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would argue that most hated his policies and his my way or the highway approach to leadership. Some it might have been race driven, but certainly not most. He loved to use class warfare as a weapon and his supporters dropped the race card like gunslingers pulling their pistols. At the drop of a hat.

Obama IMO was a good speaker. I loved listening to him speak. I disagreed with his politics, but I have to say has a great sense of humor and I think would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Not an evil man and certainly not as inept as the big fat orange guy we have in office now.
i would say both parties seem to have forgot the art of compromise which is a basic tenet of all politics..

in my opinion Mr Obama lost a golden opportunity when he seemingly let wall street off the hook without even a token amount of financial people behind bars...part of me says, well wall street is a very big democratic supporter what should i expect, and another part says the gloomier thing, the money supply is so out-of-whack they cannot expose to the public the truth (i hope NOT)...

Old 05-11-2019, 08:17 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Including making no real effort to convince China/Hong Kong and Russia to turn him over?
Oh he tried. But Hu/Xi and Putin thought Obama was a joke and brushed it off. Totally out of his league.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:18 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m sure the Obama cults will say...but..but..No, you don't understand. That's not barrys scandal, that's Pra's scandal. barry didn't have a smidgen to do with that.
You are correct. From what I've seen, Obama and his people weren't aware of it.

There will probably be some scandals cropping up from Obama's days, but never anything like the massive scale for Trump, who goes beyond anyone in living memory, even Nixon.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:36 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the IRS was doing its job and most of the founders of those groups belong in jail.

How is that a scandal, nothing actually happened.

Again, nothing happened.

no idea what this even means.

This one didnt even happen.

the program as a whole had a profit of 5 billion. So what is your point, that it could have been even more profitable ??????

and be wrong and wrong.

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
1. This isn't the military.

2. A manager is not responsible for what subordinates do beyond what the manager directs them to do. If an employee in the workplace is caught stealing money out of the cash register or charging more time than they should, it is that employee who gets disciplined accordingly and even terminated. It is only if the manager *KNEW* what was going on that they're culpable as well.
A managers absolutely owns what happens within their sphere of influence. For example if only within that manager's department company theft is occurring, they are held accountable. This is SOP, its why managers are paid more than the clerk.

If a corporation is loosing money, it is the CEO who must explain it to the investors. While that CEO may have had a good plan and clear expectations, if they didn't make sure it it was followed they own it.

The Military analogy is sound and is absolutely applied within the civilian world. The only ones who might feel immune to accountability are politicians. They can afford to feel this way because they can 100% rely on hardliners to excuse them. No offense but you make my point in that regard.

Tell me were you as soft on GWB after 911? After all he didn't directly control any intelligence agency or the FBI or the airport security that allowed the terrorists to do their thing.

Were you soft on GWB when FEMA dropped the ball on relief efforts after Katrina? I was. Why? Because much like Puerto Rico local and state governments interfered with efforts.

It sucks to be at the top sometimes. You own the wins and you own the losses.
Tell me do you give Obama credit for getting Bin Laden? Many Obama fans do. Do you give him credit for a recovering economy? Many fans do. Those same fans give Obama 100% credit for every success on his watch, but are loath to give him credit for the failures that happened on his watch.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102;55158793[B
i would say bot]h parties seem to have forgot the art of compromise which is a basic tenet of all politics..[/b]

in my opinion Mr Obama lost a golden opportunity when he seemingly let wall street off the hook without even a token amount of financial people behind bars...part of me says, well wall street is a very big democratic supporter what should i expect, and another part says the gloomier thing, the money supply is so out-of-whack they cannot expose to the public the truth (i hope NOT)...
I can't agree more with you.
I would say that after winning the super majority the Democrats took a perverse pleasure in rubbing their victory in everyone's faces. They then made it obvious that the days of compromise or consensus were over.

Both parties own the mess today. The best thing for this nation would be if the 2 major parties were broken up. Not unlike how Teddy Rosevelt went after John D Rockefeller and Standard Oil and the other Monopoly lords.

After all how can anyone say that the GOP and the democrats dont hold an absolute monopoly on our politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies