Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2019, 02:53 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,989,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How so? You make it clear in the prior post that it is a woman fault for having sex and becoming pregnant. Therefore it is acceptable to force her to risk her life and health to bring the fetus to term. Shouldn't the other half of the equation be held to the same standard? If you think you get to interfere in the body autonomy of women and punish them for having sex it is only fair that the men who cause these unwanted pregnancies also lose their body autonomy and face the exact same risks the pregnant woman does.
Women have the choice not to get pregnant. And motherhood is not punishment and babies are not weapons of torture.

If you do not want to get pregnant, you don't have to be.

If you choose to engage in sex, you are RESPONSIBLE for the outcome of your OWN actions.

You do know that sex makes babies, right?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:54 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,782,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Under these laws neither she nor he have any say. The government makes that decision.

IF the LAW is going to force a woman to gestate and give birth, then the law should require a man to at least pay half of the expenses associated with that gestation and birth.
Actually if the government is going to take away the body autonomy of women and force them to risk their health and life giving birth, then I think the men who impregnated the women should face the same risks to their health and lives.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Under these laws neither she nor he have any say. The government makes that decision.

IF the LAW is going to force a woman to gestate and give birth, then the law should require a man to at least pay half of the expenses associated with that gestation and birth.
The law does not force anyone to become pregnant.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
Actually if the government is going to take away the body autonomy of women and force them to risk their health and life giving birth, then I think the men who impregnated the women should face the same risks to their health and lives.
As if they would punish men for having sex. They would probably get an award.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The law does not force anyone to become pregnant.
The new laws force women to use their bodies as life support against their will.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:57 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,782,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women have the choice not to get pregnant. And motherhood is not punishment and babies are not weapons of torture.
You keep saying that. It isn't true. Birth control fails, the only 100% way to not get pregnant is to choose not to have sex. If you are saying women can choose not to get pregnant you are saying they have to choose not to have sex. Otherwise they run a risk of getting pregnant every time they have sex, even when using birth control.

Quote:
If you do not want to get pregnant, you don't have to be.

If you choose to engage in sex, you are RESPONSIBLE for the outcome of your OWN actions.

You do know that sex makes babies, right?
So we come full circle. If a woman chooses to have sex, she accept forced birth as a punishment for her choice. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:57 PM

15,175 posts, read 8,689,602 times
Quote:
Even though I have a right to life, I do not have the right to force another person to keep me alive. I can not force you to donate a kidney to me to keep me alive. I can not force you to donate bone marrow to keep me alive. I can not even force you to donate blood to keep me alive, and blood donation is far easier that gestation and childbirth. We can't even force corpses to donate organs or tissues.

If the government can force me to use my body to keep a fetus alive then they can force you to give organs and other tissues to keep someone alive.
This is a non sequitur argument. The reality is, no one forced you to engage in the act which results in pregnancy, but once pregnancy occurs, the responsibility for that is assumed, by your own actions. No such personal action or responsibility exists for a stranger’s illness or need of organs.

Similarly, when you agree to allow another person to come with you in your automobile, by doing so, you assume responsibility for that passenger’s well being, and you can be held criminally culpable should harm or death be suffered by that other person due to your negligence. You may consider the unborn child a “passenger”, and your body, the “vehicle” to which that passenger is traveling.

I realize that the liberal philosophy naturally rejects the notion of personal responsibility, which coincides perfectly with the ever increasing levels of irresponsibility, and entitlement beliefs so prevalent among leftists. Sadly, it is such a mindset which fails to recognize the depth of depravity in a species killing its own offspring, while claiming the moral high ground, simultaneously.

While most females within the animal community ferociously protect their offspring, often to the death,I know of no other species that kills its own children with such enthusiasm, as demonstrated by the loons dressed up as walking vaginas, marching in parades.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is a non sequitur argument. The reality is, no one forced you to engage in the act which results in pregnancy, but once pregnancy occurs, the responsibility for that is assumed, by your own actions. No such personal action or responsibility exists for a stranger’s illness or need of organs.

Similarly, when you agree to allow another person to come with you in your automobile, by doing so, you assume responsibility for that passenger’s well being, and you can be held criminally culpable should harm or death be suffered by that other person due to your negligence. You may consider the unborn child a “passenger”, and your body, the “vehicle” to which that passenger is traveling.

I realize that the liberal philosophy naturally rejects the notion of personal responsibility, which coincides perfectly with the ever increasing levels of irresponsibility, and entitlement beliefs so prevalent among leftists. Sadly, it is such a mindset which fails to recognize the depth of depravity in a species killing its own offspring, while claiming the moral high ground, simultaneously.

While most females within the animal community ferociously protect their offspring, often to the death,I know of no other species that kills its own children with such enthusiasm, as demonstrated by the loons dressed up as walking vaginas, marching in parades.
Small problem with your analogy. I can kick someone out of my car, and I am no longer responsible. I am not forced by law to keep someone in my car even if I invited them in. That passenger does not have the right to stay in my car if I tell them to leave. I'm not even required to take them back to their point of origin.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
You keep saying that. It isn't true. Birth control fails, the only 100% way to not get pregnant is to choose not to have sex. If you are saying women can choose not to get pregnant you are saying they have to choose not to have sex. Otherwise they run a risk of getting pregnant every time they have sex, even when using birth control.

So we come full circle. If a woman chooses to have sex, she accept forced birth as a punishment for her choice. Thanks for clearing that up.
You -- and other posters -- seem really surprised that sex makes babies. Like, shocked, that it happens.

So I feel like it needs to be pointed out.

That yes if you choose to have sex? You may get pregnant. You are taking that responsibility on when you choose to have sex.

It shouldn't be a surprise.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
The new laws force women to use their bodies as life support against their will.
I repeat: The law does not require that woman GET pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies